Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2022, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Okay, finally watched this episode today. I will try to get 313-315 next week or ht week after. Its easier just to watch more than 1 episode at a time since im watching from the dvds now...
Sounds good! Yes, we have a break now so take your time.

Quote:
This was a good episode, lots of good storylines and things happening, imo.
I loved this one as well. Nice recovery episode from the past couple so soaked in drama.

Quote:
This might be the time I start disliking Jake. I do think he is a good guy, and hes been shown to be great ever since we've seen him, so I did like seeing some flaws in this episode. His whole backstory with the drug overdose thing was interesting and well done, and makes sense why he would want a simpler life in Everwood. However, how he treated his ex girlfriend was so awful. I get that she was a bit delusional thinking they were still together after he up and moved, but it seems he was leading her on quite a bit. I dont doubt that he was probably still texting her and messaging her from Everwood and giving her the wrong impression. Him ghosting his exes is so immature!!! It felt a bit OOC to me, because i never got the impression that Jake was a coward, but i guess it does align with his whole nice guy thing and not wanting to hurt people. But it was getting really pathetic when Nina had to actually step in and break things off for him. I liked what she said to the girl about why she wasn't interested in Jake, and imo it was very warranted after his behavior! He literally was about to let this woman move to Everwood and move in with her! Like, wtf!!! Jake storming out of the restaurant was uncalled for, he had no reason to be mad at Nina!
100% agree. The way Jake acted was how boys act in middle school and high school. It was completely immature and heartless. Plus, essentially he was moving on with his romantic life. He immediately was interested in Nina and pursuing her, went out on another date with his real wife and her character, lol. He was moving on so if they were still together he was even cheating on her which isn’t even brought up. It’s ridiculous how he got mad at Nina. He acts like a cold, cheating, manipulating idiot and his own feelings is what he focused on?

Plus, as I mentioned, we know later Jake has substance abuse issues from the past and he never bothered to bring it up to Nina either.

Jake was behaving terribly, lying and cheating, throwing fits in this one.

Quote:
The ending moment with them was nice, but I felt it was too fast after what happened. If I were Nina, seeing that, i would definitely not be interested in dating this man. He clearly had a lot of growing up to do still and the fact that he claimed to have feelings for her but never told her about this ex that he was almost engaged to was a huge red flag! Them kissing this episode just didnt feel right to me. Maybe after a few more episodes when he made amends for what happened.
It is very interesting that Nina resisted Jake for this long yet picks this moment when there’s red flags to start dating him. Granted, she was softening in the prior episode when he took care of Sam. Still, his behavior was concerning in this episode. I feel like she should have given it a tiny bit more time.

Quote:
Andy/Amanda were very hard to watch in this episode. Yes, they have decent chemistry and their scenes are sweet-ish but to joke about an affair is just so icky! I liked their conversation about Delia, it was funny, but the whole John thing is just clouding that relationship. I really dont get why she hasn't filed for divorce or talk about separating. Its just such a weird situation. And Andy said it himself, he didnt like being cheated on! So how can he do this?
It doesn’t make any sense. I guess the only thing that does make sense is he’s trying to punish himself for the Madison nightmare. He feels guilt and is acting out as a result to distract but since he feels like a bad devious person, why not just become one? Psychology is interesting.

Quote:
Amy was silly in this episode imo expecting to get into that dance school. It's actually an insult to the other dancers that worked so hard. She wasn't taking classes anywhere, hadn't taken any classes except at her highschool, hadn't danced for two years, and then just expected to pop into the audition??? I do think the teacher was way out of line with what he said to her about being overweight, but he did have a point about the other things. At 17 you can't just expect to become a professional dancer, it takes a lot of work and its one of the hardest jobs out there. Being a ballerina is just really hard. Its sad that you have to have the perfect feet and body but its true for that profession (for whatever reason) and Amy's feet def. were not made for ballet. I also agree with Harold that this isnt a passion of hers. If she quit, and didnt do it for two years, then clearly it didnt mean that much to her. I liked what Ephram said about her having a lot of other things she is good at. I just wasnt a fan of this pouty pants Amy all episode.
I thought of you while rewatching this storyline!

Quote:
E/A were sweet though and I liked seeing them support each other. What i like most about their relationship is how supportive they are of each other and how real their relationship feels. They have little disagreements and tifs here an there but it always comes back to them being there for each other. I also loved the Amy/Delia scene at the end because Delia really needed to hear all that stuff and from Amy it just came off very casual and light-hearted. I agree we should have gotten more amy/delia scenes!

Quote:
My blood was boiling over Delia's coach. BOILING!!! It was dumb of Andy to blurt otu to him that Delia had her period, but wow, the coaches reaction was absolutely appalling. Andy should have yelled at him, or reported him after that because that is absolutely no way to treat one of the girls on your team! The boys teasing Delia, that was expectd seeing they are immature at that age, but the coach had no excuse. I am still so mad about that! I didnt blame Delia for wanting to quit the team after that and for being mad at Andy. Her crying and saying she wanted her mom was so sad too.
Exactly!

Her coach reminded me of an extremely conservative, misogynistic man who says what he says and doesn’t care.

Quote:
Still love the moment when Delia said "its here" and Ephram just yelled for Andy.
The best.

Quote:
Top 5 this episode:
1. Nina
2. Ephram
3. Amy
4. Delia
5. Harold
Excellent list!
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The whole set-up was over-the-top, because what woman would believe that someone was still interested in her or engaged to her when that person up and left and moved to another state without ending things with her or telling her of his plans. Jake really came off like a coward here, and although I could understand his desire to not hurt her feelings, they took everything to an extreme here and it was ridiculous that Nina had to be the one to tell Cameron that Jake didn't want to be with her. I also that that Cameron was so caricatured as a California airhead.
It was over the top because it doesnt make sense she would follow this man that just up and left her like that. But like I said, it was implied that maybe Jake was continuing to call her and text her and lead her on.

I had to laugh at their reaction of her outift because it really wanst that bad??? lmao. People wear way worse stuff nowdays.

Honestly though thats Amy's fault, not Ephram's. Shes the one that always drops everything for the guys in her life. I dont like that aspect of Amy's character.

Quote:
I hated Delia's coach for calling her out like that but Andy was incredibly stupid to tell him about Delia's period.
Andy was kinda dumb but i dont think it was THAT bad, because in head, he was trying to help delia and i dont think he tought the couch would yell it out like that. Maybe just go a bit easier on her. To be fair a girls first period is a big deal.

I had to laugh when he said "its 3-5 days" like ummm no. Even now as an adult my periods are 5 days at LEAST and more like 7 days. When i was a teen they were freaking 10 days and heavy. (sorry about TMI) but it was just awful. At that age, periods are traumatizing lol. For me it was at least.

Quote:
I thought of you while rewatching this storyline!
I probably have a different perspective cuz im a dance teacher and i know kids that do this. They cant take 2 years off and then expect to be right up there in skill level with everyone else.
Old 04-13-2022, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It was over the top because it doesnt make sense she would follow this man that just up and left her like that. But like I said, it was implied that maybe Jake was continuing to call her and text her and lead her on.
Exactly. It does seem that way… the idiot was attempting to date Nina (went out on one date with Nina, another date with a different woman) while she was back in LA basically thinking they were still together, long-distance and physically on pause a bit. That is not right at all.

Quote:
I had to laugh at their reaction of her outift because it really wanst that bad??? lmao. People wear way worse stuff nowdays.
Right? LOL.

Quote:
Honestly though thats Amy's fault, not Ephram's. Shes the one that always drops everything for the guys in her life. I dont like that aspect of Amy's character.
That is true. I think a lot of it was when Colin got sick but it seemed like she did the same in the flashbacks pre-accident too. Yes, then Tommy, although that was depression. Throw in not having a truly good friend since Hannah I guess plays a part. Laynie was a good friend but I still find it sad they didn't seem to hang out a lot in S1 or until Colin woke up from the coma. So I am beginning to think Amy and Laynie weren't super close even if Laynie was definitely Amy's closest friend compared to the other idiots in that stuck up group.

But now with Amy and Hannah... when Amy found out Hannah's dad was sick and she was researching the gene/if Hannah might get it she was very distracted and didn't even care much about spending time with Ephram while she was focused on Hannah, her friend. Even when she found out about the stupid band lie, Amy was like... can't deal with this because she only cared about Hannah, her friend.

So I think a lot of Amy dropping everything for guys in her life in the past was mainly because she didn't have true friends until Hannah. It is kind of sad when you think about it. Now, in S3, we see she puts Hannah even above Ephram at times and I suspect if she had Hannah or a Hannah type in seasons 1 and 2, things would have been way more balanced in her life.

Quote:
Andy was kinda dumb but i dont think it was THAT bad, because in head, he was trying to help delia and i dont think he tought the couch would yell it out like that. Maybe just go a bit easier on her. To be fair a girls first period is a big deal.
That is true. I would be so pissed off playing soccer or basketball and having my parents tell one of my coaches I had my period, however…. would be so embarrassed and pissed off. I couldn't even imagine! But Andy did mean well… I’m just glad he was not my parent.

Quote:
I had to laugh when he said "its 3-5 days" like ummm no. Even now as an adult my periods are 5 days at LEAST and more like 7 days. When i was a teen they were freaking 10 days and heavy. (sorry about TMI) but it was just awful. At that age, periods are traumatizing lol. For me it was at least.
EXACTLY! In what world does a girl or woman have a period for 3 days? Yes, I went a full 6/7 days. I had severe endometriosis too and ended up having a hysterectomy because it was so bad (had a large cyst related to endometriosis).

I do not miss my periods even if losing hormones and the surgery in general screwed me up in other ways.

Quote:
I probably have a different perspective cuz im a dance teacher and i know kids that do this. They cant take 2 years off and then expect to be right up there in skill level with everyone else.
Of course!

Last edited by jediwands; 04-13-2022 at 01:49 PM
Old 04-13-2022, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Interesting point about Amy. Also, with Tommy and Colin i think Amy realized later on how badly she acted with them and how she let them walk all over her, so now shes taking a stand with Ephram. It kinda sucks in some ways for Ephram, but overall its better for Amy individually. She loves Ephram the most but I think she also has to put herself first now, and its great that shes realizing that. I just wish she would have delivered her concerns in a more sensitive/calm way rather than using a previous argument as fuel to be mad at him ya know?

Quote:
ended up having a hysterectomy because it was so bad (had a large cyst related to endometriosis).
oh yikes thats awful!

Yeah when I ws on birth control they were 3 days and super light, it was so nice. I hate them... they put me in such a sour mood and are just a pain, especially for someone who never wants kids

Mine have tamed down to like 5 days now but my cramps are seeming to get worse! Not sure whats going on there ugh.
Old 04-14-2022, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Interesting point about Amy. Also, with Tommy and Colin i think Amy realized later on how badly she acted with them and how she let them walk all over her, so now shes taking a stand with Ephram. It kinda sucks in some ways for Ephram, but overall its better for Amy individually. She loves Ephram the most but I think she also has to put herself first now, and its great that shes realizing that. I just wish she would have delivered her concerns in a more sensitive/calm way rather than using a previous argument as fuel to be mad at him ya know?
Completely agree. She really should have. He was pretty confused and her unwillingness to explain made it worse. We can get mad at Ephram for being an idiot (especially the phone number) but reality is he's going to get a lot more confused in the near future when he finds out Madison was pregnant and everyone knew about it.

Quote:
oh yikes thats awful!

Yeah when I ws on birth control they were 3 days and super light, it was so nice. I hate them... they put me in such a sour mood and are just a pain, especially for someone who never wants kids

Mine have tamed down to like 5 days now but my cramps are seeming to get worse! Not sure whats going on there ugh.
Exactly. I could only imagine.

Yeah. Does Advil or Tylenol help during the painful days?
Old 04-14-2022, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

usually, but the last 3 periods have been so awful! I might have to see a doctor if they continue to get worse.
Old 04-15-2022, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
usually, but the last 3 periods have been so awful! I might have to see a doctor if they continue to get worse.
Does endometriosis run in your family? It does in my family. What happened with me is I noticed periods going from somewhat painful to really painful and longer too. Advil always helped yet the last year before the hysterectomy even Advil wasn’t relieving the pain during the first day or two. So this definitely can be a sign of endometriosis as it was in my case. My mom apparently experienced the same thing in her early 20s before her hysterectomy. But then again, my sister used to have really painful periods and hers got better as the years went on. Who knows if she has endometriosis (can’t truly diagnose unless you scope or have surgery) but if she does thankfully it’s not as bad as what we had. You also could just be going through a few bad ones for no specific reason and then it will get better. You are smart to consult in the future should it continue but hopefully it won’t.
Old 04-15-2022, 11:26 AM
Administrator

I really can't add anything to this conversation!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
So I think a lot of Amy dropping everything for guys in her life in the past was mainly because she didn't have true friends until Hannah. It is kind of sad when you think about it. Now, in S3, we see she puts Hannah even above Ephram at times and I suspect if she had Hannah or a Hannah type in seasons 1 and 2, things would have been way more balanced in her life.
That's a good point. I used to think that Laynie was a true friend to Amy, but I think that her purpose was more to have a connection to Colin, and she led Amy astray at times although she did give her some good advice about getting medication for her depression. Another point was she was introduced as a (very brief) rival for Ephram's attention, and she was the only female character besides Amy to see and acknowledge what a great guy Ephram was, but the Ephram and Laynie romance flamed out before it really had a chance to begin due to his love for Amy. After Colin died, it seemed like the writers and producers wanted to remove anyone with a connection to him, so by Mid-Season Two all the Hart's were written off the show.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-15-2022, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I really can't add anything to this conversation!
Old 04-15-2022, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's a good point. I used to think that Laynie was a true friend to Amy, but I think that her purpose was more to have a connection to Colin, and she led Amy astray at times although she did give her some good advice about getting medication for her depression. Another point was she was introduced as a (very brief) rival for Ephram's attention, and she was the only female character besides Amy to see and acknowledge what a great guy Ephram was, but the Ephram and Laynie romance flamed out before it really had a chance to begin due to his love for Amy. After Colin died, it seemed like the writers and producers wanted to remove anyone with a connection to him, so by Mid-Season Two all the Hart's were written off the show.
Exactly. I actually would have preferred Laynie and Ephram to date but then not claiming Amy and Laynie were friends. That way no triangle would have existed and Laynie would have been separate from the Colin story. However, she was directly involved. Many often said Hannah replaced Laynie. When you think about it, she really didn't. Laynie was long gone before this time period. She disappeared in S2. Plus, if Amy and Laynie were super close Colin's death would have made them even closer. Instead, they fought and had issues. Amy wasn't the only one with depression, Laynie had it as well. I also thought it was significant that the night before Colin's surgery which ultimately caused him to pass away, Laynie wasn't around so the four of them could spend the time together, not just Amy/Colin/Bright. Yes, the story was written stating that Laynie couldn't handle seeing Colin go downhill. But the point is, if the writers thought it was important, Laynie would have been with the three of them during that last night before his surgery. In the flashbacks, it was always only the three of them as well. If Amy and Laynie were so close she would have been in the flashbacks as well but she wasn't. So I don't think the writers wanted us to think Amy and Laynie were super good friends like Amy is with Hannah. More like friends because they hung around the same group together and Amy was dating Colin. When Colin passed away at the end of S1, beginning of S2, Laynie's role was basically tied up and really, I think she only existed because Amy was meant to see Mrs. Hart in a terrible state and Mr. Hart's alcoholism too. It is frustrating because I love Nora who played Laynie and there was so much potential there but it's clear Laynie was always tied to the Colin story so when he left, his sister and parents were slowly leaving the screen too.
Old 04-15-2022, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Exactly. I actually would have preferred Laynie and Ephram to date but then not claiming Amy and Laynie were friends. That way no triangle would have existed and Laynie would have been separate from the Colin story. However, she was directly involved. Many often said Hannah replaced Laynie. When you think about it, she really didn't. Laynie was long gone before this time period. She disappeared in S2. Plus, if Amy and Laynie were super close Colin's death would have made them even closer. Instead, they fought and had issues. Amy wasn't the only one with depression, Laynie had it as well. I also thought it was significant that the night before Colin's surgery which ultimately caused him to pass away, Laynie wasn't around so the four of them could spend the time together, not just Amy/Colin/Bright. Yes, the story was written stating that Laynie couldn't handle seeing Colin go downhill. But the point is, if the writers thought it was important, Laynie would have been with the three of them during that last night before his surgery. In the flashbacks, it was always only the three of them as well. If Amy and Laynie were so close she would have been in the flashbacks as well but she wasn't. So I don't think the writers wanted us to think Amy and Laynie were super good friends like Amy is with Hannah. More like friends because they hung around the same group together and Amy was dating Colin. When Colin passed away at the end of S1, beginning of S2, Laynie's role was basically tied up and really, I think she only existed because Amy was meant to see Mrs. Hart in a terrible state and Mr. Hart's alcoholism too. It is frustrating because I love Nora who played Laynie and there was so much potential there but it's clear Laynie was always tied to the Colin story so when he left, his sister and parents were slowly leaving the screen too.
I sort of wonder if Laynie wasn't thought of initially so that's why we didn't see her in those flashback scenes, because if Amy and Laynie were as close as they were supposed to be, she definitely would have been in those flashback scenes and she also would have been with them in the final adventure Colin took with Amy and Bright. I was one of the ones who saw Hannah as a Laynie replacement back in the day and I felt that her friendship with Amy was contrived, but I don't feel that way anymore because of this rewatch.

Old 04-16-2022, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jerry

Michelle, No i don't think so. We dont really have anything running in our family which is great!
Old 04-16-2022, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Jerry

Michelle, No i don't think so. We dont really have anything running in our family which is great!
Good!
Old 04-16-2022, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I sort of wonder if Laynie wasn't thought of initially so that's why we didn't see her in those flashback scenes, because if Amy and Laynie were as close as they were supposed to be, she definitely would have been in those flashback scenes and she also would have been with them in the final adventure Colin took with Amy and Bright. I was one of the ones who saw Hannah as a Laynie replacement back in the day and I felt that her friendship with Amy was contrived, but I don't feel that way anymore because of this rewatch.
I think you hit it... it's very likely Laynie wasn't thought of initially. I think you are absolutely right. Which of course also means they didn't think to give Amy a good friend either from the start or else they would have thought of Laynie if that makes sense. I am right with you... I was also one of the ones who saw Hannah as a Laynie replacement back in the day... I do not think so when you analyze everything. Yes, this rewawtch has changed my mind on a lot of things.
Reply   Post New Thread