Everwood

Updated Schedule

Episode 3.12 on March 27th

Episode 3.13 on April 3rd

Episode 3.14 on May 8th
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Finally got around to watching this today!

In general I found the episode to be okay, but mostly just frustrating. I understand why Amy was upset about Madison, but it got to a point where I felt like she was dragging out the anger and was just coming up with other reasons to be mad at Ephram. I feel like she does this a lot with him. She didnt act this way with Tommy or Colin... but its clear in this relationship she feels like she has some sort of power over Ephram, which she kind of does, because he's so in love with her, but still, I dont like it. If the real issue was her feeling like she made sacrifices and Ephram didnt, then that is something that should have been brought up long before this! And the way she told him about it wasn't really cool either imo. They could have just had a discussion. Sometimes it feels like Amy just makes excuses to be mad. However, I am glad that Ephram stuck it out, and wanted to be a better boyfriend at the end and they came to an understanding in their relationship.

With that said, I like that Ephram/Bright are friends again but I do not like at all that Ephram continues to take Brights horrible advice! Just inviting himself to the dinner was not the way to go about it lol.

Amanda had the right idea in the beginning to stay away from Andy. She should have gone on her trip. And while her saying goodbye to him was a bit harsh, it was necessary. Especially with John seemingly getting better. She could have called to see how he was doing instead of coming by the hospital. I get that there is a major attraction there but i dont like this in-between thing they seem to be doing. Either break it off, or break things off with John...ugh.

Harold was right in what he was saying to Andy, i just wish he had done it in a more delicate manner. It was cute though when after Andy collapsed Harold went over to him and held his face... im sorry, shippy moment there I also thought it was nice of Jake to stop by with balloons for Andy. He is a nice guy and again, still not disliking him.

Irv was such an ass this episode! I get why he is upset. Similar to Amy, he felt like he made the sacrifice in the relationship. However, he has no right to be an overall jerk all of the time and then when Edna did something so nice for him and he acted the way he did? Oh hell no. Again, its all about communication and all he had to do was talk to Edna and tell her he's not happy with how things are. I actually think a break is good for them because they need to figure out what they want. Edna either needs to make a sacrifice for him or he needs to btu they gotta work it. What if they compromised by taking like a 3 month trip or something like that? IDk, seems like an option to me.

Top 5 for this episode:
1. Ephram
2. Edna
3. Amanda
4. Andy
5. Jake

Amy bothered me in this episode, im sorry. So did Bright. And Harold, though I agreed with his advice, was too harsh. Def. wasnt a fan of Irv in this one.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

In general I found the episode to be okay, but mostly just frustrating. I understand why Amy was upset about Madison, but it got to a point where I felt like she was dragging out the anger and was just coming up with other reasons to be mad at Ephram. I feel like she does this a lot with him. She didnt act this way with Tommy or Colin... but its clear in this relationship she feels like she has some sort of power over Ephram, which she kind of does, because he's so in love with her, but still, I dont like it. If the real issue was her feeling like she made sacrifices and Ephram didnt, then that is something that should have been brought up long before this! And the way she told him about it wasn't really cool either imo. They could have just had a discussion. Sometimes it feels like Amy just makes excuses to be mad. However, I am glad that Ephram stuck it out, and wanted to be a better boyfriend at the end and they came to an understanding in their relationship.
I like your point of view on this. I do agree that Amy seems to find excuses to be mad at Ephram, and while I do understand that she has deep seated insecurities about Ephram's relationship with Madison, Ephram did apologize to her and like you said she was dragging out her anger. I also didn't think that Ephram demanded that she devote all her time to him, as it was something she chose to do, but I guess his lie about going to see Madison made her realize that she was giving up too much of her own life to be with him.

Quote:
With that said, I like that Ephram/Bright are friends again but I do not like at all that Ephram continues to take Brights horrible advice! Just inviting himself to the dinner was not the way to go about it lol.
I was also glad to see Ephram and Bright be friends again but Bright was the last person that Ephram should have taken advice from.

Quote:
Amanda had the right idea in the beginning to stay away from Andy. She should have gone on her trip. And while her saying goodbye to him was a bit harsh, it was necessary. Especially with John seemingly getting better. She could have called to see how he was doing instead of coming by the hospital. I get that there is a major attraction there but i dont like this in-between thing they seem to be doing. Either break it off, or break things off with John...ugh.
Amanda's wavering like she did was so frustrating to watch, and I just hated everything about their affair. She should have stuck to her guns and stayed away from Andy.

Quote:
Harold was right in what he was saying to Andy, i just wish he had done it in a more delicate manner. It was cute though when after Andy collapsed Harold went over to him and held his face... im sorry, shippy moment there I also thought it was nice of Jake to stop by with balloons for Andy. He is a nice guy and again, still not disliking him.
Harold has always been blunt though and Andy deserved that bluntness as he was headed on a course for disaster.

Quote:
Irv was such an ass this episode! I get why he is upset. Similar to Amy, he felt like he made the sacrifice in the relationship. However, he has no right to be an overall jerk all of the time and then when Edna did something so nice for him and he acted the way he did? Oh hell no. Again, its all about communication and all he had to do was talk to Edna and tell her he's not happy with how things are. I actually think a break is good for them because they need to figure out what they want. Edna either needs to make a sacrifice for him or he needs to btu they gotta work it. What if they compromised by taking like a 3 month trip or something like that? IDk, seems like an option to me.
There were times when I really disliked Irv, and this was one of those times. He was really unreasonable and ungrateful throughout this episode.

Quote:
Top 5 for this episode:
1. Ephram
2. Edna
3. Amanda
4. Andy
5. Jake
Good choices!

Quote:
Amy bothered me in this episode, im sorry. So did Bright. And Harold, though I agreed with his advice, was too harsh. Def. wasnt a fan of Irv in this one.
I agree with everything that you said here.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

I just don't like this storyline overall at all. Rina never should have gone there. It still infuriates me Ephram got Madison's phone number and Amy never found out about it. I think that's why Amy's anger never bothers me in this one... I am mad at Ephram for getting Madison's number and Amy never finding out about it still. LOL.

I don't know what Rina was trying to prove adding this extra drama knowing Madisongate was coming up in the not so distant future.

Quote:
Agreed. Bright's advice is something Ephram needs to run from.

Quote:
They make me sick. It never should have happened. I understand how the attraction could have developed. That is being human. But acting on it is another story. They should have absolutely not given in for so many reasons too extensive to list. Frustrating.

Quote:
I love Andy and Harold too. Yes, Jake was absolutely the definition of decent going to visit Andy.

Quote:
I completely agree. I couldn't feel an ounce of sympathy for Irv. He just came across as a total ass. No thanks. Still frustrating that I feel like we missed a bunch of stuff with Edna and Irv so the audience is wondering what is going on. We never witnessed any sacrifice or much backstory on their relationship either so it's very difficult to even evaluate who is right or wrong. Only thing we can see is that Irv was quite annoying in this one. Yes, a break is the best thing for them right now.

Quote:
Top 5 for this episode:
1. Ephram
2. Edna
3. Amanda
4. Andy
5. Jake

I was still so mad at Ephram for getting Madison's number and almost feel like he should have told Amy about it. Like, what was I thinking but I never called her. Then again, Amy probably would have broke up with him. We know Ephram doesn't love Madison and we even see that when he sees her in NYC. I just found the whole Madison band lie and Ephram's part in it so disappointing.

I love Edna high on your list.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Edna annoys me a lot but in this one she was great.

Quote:
I also didn't think that Ephram demanded that she devote all her time to him, as it was something she chose to do
Yeah, it just felt like she was blaming him for choices she made. And again, she could have brought it up to him at any point instead of doing it when she was angry ya know?

Quote:
I think that's why Amy's anger never bothers me in this one... I am mad at Ephram for getting Madison's number and Amy never finding out about it still. LOL.
If it was still about Madison then I would agree but then it turned into a completely different argument.

I love E/A but it does seem they have been fighting a lot since they started dating, and i dont like when shows do that to couples. It might be realistic, but it doesnt make the pairing look very good i think...
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Edna annoys me a lot but in this one she was great.
This was one of her better episodes.

Quote:
Yeah, it just felt like she was blaming him for choices she made. And again, she could have brought it up to him at any point instead of doing it when she was angry ya know?
That is very true. She certainly could have brought it up at any point.

Quote:
If it was still about Madison then I would agree but then it turned into a completely different argument.

I love E/A but it does seem they have been fighting a lot since they started dating, and i dont like when shows do that to couples. It might be realistic, but it doesnt make the pairing look very good i think...
That is true... especially since Amy didn't know the full story about Ephram getting Madison's number since he was being stupid. But it did end up being about a completely different issue. I liked it for Amy personally that she felt the need to work on herself but at the same time, she should have been going there on her own for a while now. When Ephram returned from NYC in that mood, freaking out about piano, Amy should have then focused on herself and done then what she did in this episode.

I hate that as well... I just think Rina was determined to focus on Hannah and Bright/Hannah, give Ephram and Amy drama while she waited for Madisongate to explode. I actually do not like how Rina constructed Ephram and Amy in S3. Greg and Emily made their moments amazing due to the chemistry but as a rule, Rina in charge is something I wish did not happen and Berlanti was there daily instead. He stepped away slightly in S3, let Rina guide the ship and I think Ephram and Amy suffered as a result. You can feel it significantly when he returned full-time in S4. The Ephram and Amy had the magical S1 energy in S4 again (which lacked at times in S3) due to Berlanti's touch.
Old 04-17-2022, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Overall, I found this to be one of the most disappointing episodes of this season so far, but we know the worst is yet to come.
Isn't this frustrating? You said it perfectly... the worst is yet to come. Why on earth did we need this sort of episode knowing Madisongate was exploding in the near future? I don't really understand what Rina was thinking and I never will.

She was associated with Dawson's Creek though... maybe she was so programmed to insert in cheap drama and even cheating (Bright cheating on Hannah just like the big betrayal on Dawson's Creek) from her days on Dawson's Creek she went there with Everwood too.

That said, Everwood is ten times the show Dawson's Creek ever was. But I don't think it's a coincidence S3 at times had some unnecessary drama and eventual cheating for Bright and Hannah in S4 (knowing Rina was basically in charge of Hannah and Bright and Hannah) on Rina's watch.

Madisongate was just around the corner... the Madison band lie was not necessary and I will always feel this way.
Old 07-04-2022, 07:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

I am finding this episode really missing...something. It almost felt like the actors were going through the motions for some reason? Everything felt dragged out and a little boring. I have to admit, I zoned out a little when watching. (oops!) I feel like this episode could be skipped and you would still get an idea of what was going on from episode 10 to episode 12. I know...I know...in a rewatch you should never skip...
Old 07-04-2022, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarianx01 (View Post)
I am finding this episode really missing...something. It almost felt like the actors were going through the motions for some reason? Everything felt dragged out and a little boring. I have to admit, I zoned out a little when watching. (oops!) I feel like this episode could be skipped and you would still get an idea of what was going on from episode 10 to episode 12. I know...I know...in a rewatch you should never skip...
Yes, this was one of the weakest episodes in the season and it was harder to watch and write about than most of the other episodes.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarianx01 (View Post)
There’s so many things going on that feel frustrating. Amanda BS, Ephram and his idiotic band lie, the Edna/Irv situation. It really did feel like it was dragging and what makes it worse is knowing eventually the pregnancy reveal is happening as well. Ephram and Amy weren’t allowed to be happy until then since I believe Rina hates Amy and/or she’s too Dawson’s Creek-programmed, only wanting to focus on cheap, lingering drama.
Reply   Post New Thread