Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2022, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I thought the same thing! I had mentioned that we have to suspend our disbelief, or else Ephram got there early and cleaned the place up before Amy got there. Maybe Bright took one of his "dates" there earlier and he left the food in the refrigerator!
Bright....that explains it!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Bright....that explains it!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I thought the same thing! I had mentioned that we have to suspend our disbelief, or else Ephram got there early and cleaned the place up before Amy got there. Maybe Bright took one of his "dates" there earlier and he left the food in the refrigerator!
He probably did!

I wish we knew more about this cabin, how far away it was and how did they get into the cabin. She had her own set of keys or she stole one (but seemed like she was getting two) hanging somewhere even though it seems they hadn't been there in years? The questions are endless.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-08-2022 at 06:40 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Amy said that cabin was not too far away and she will get the keys.

Reposting the epic scene... how many amazing comments exist in this scene?

Quote:
AMY: (to herself) Yeah, I can be casual.

[Cut to lunchroom at school - Amy and Ephram are eating lunch at a table all by themselves.]

AMY: So why haven't you tried to have sex with me yet?

EPHRAM: Wh..? What do you mean why haven't I tried?

AMY: Well have you?

EPHRAM: No, I mean I haven't done everything I could do but it's not like you've given me any indication that that's what you wanted me to do.

AMY: How am I supposed to indicate that?

EPHRAM: Well, I-I don't know, maybe not flinching every time my hand grazes your belt buckle.

AMY: I don't flinch.

EPHRAM: Uh, yeah, you do.

AMY: No, I don't.

EPHRAM: Yeah, you do. Do you want me to show you right now 'cause it's actually pretty funny?

AMY: Okay, so maybe I flinch, it doesn't matter, it's just a reflex. The next time it happens just press on.

EPHRAM: Okay.

AMY: Okay.

[Ephram lets out a slight laugh from the conversation.]

AMY: (CONT'D) There's something else, isn't there?

EPHRAM: No, there's nothing.

AMY: You don't want to.

EPHRAM: No, are you kidding me, yes. I wa... Of course, I d... It just...

AMY: It just what?

EPHRAM: Can you not do that for two seconds? I mean, I-It's your first time an-and it's our first time together and I just... Y'know, it seems like it deserves a trip to Paris or something. Obviously Paris is a little pricey this time of year.

AMY: Ephram?

EPHRAM: I ju-I just want it to be, y'know, memorable and special.

AMY: And perfect, yeah, I know. And you know what that is, that's like an aneurism waiting to happen. I mean seriously, Ephram, the amount of pressure you are putting on yourself and me for that matter, it's like impossible and it's killing our momentum so we should just remove it entirely. Okay, I don't need candles. I don't need rose petals. I don't need Paris. It doesn't have to be special, it just has to be you.

[Ephram smiles.]

AMY: (CONT'D) I say we do it in the car.

EPHRAM: Wh..? At-At the point? I don't... No. No.

AMY: Eh, never mind. It's too cheesy. (pause) Omigod, it's perfect, my parents have this cabin. It's not too far away. There's a bed.

EPHRAM: A bed's a good start.

AMY: Okay, great, let's do that then. Perfect, I'll get you the directions and the keys.

EPHRAM: We-we can't go together?

AMY: Too suspicious. I'll tell my dad, I'm sleeping over at Hannah's. So Saturday night, 8 o'clock.

EPHRAM: For sex? 8. 9. 7:30.

AMY: Great, so you bring the condoms and I'll see if I can score some of my mom's fired chicken for after.

[Amy gets up with her tray like it's no big deal and Ephram just sits there taking everything in.]

AMY: You coming?

[Ephram gets up and follows.]
Old 03-08-2022, 07:31 AM
Administrator

That scene was so hilarious! Emily and Greg played off each other so well! The writing and the acting on this show was incredible.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-08-2022, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That scene was so hilarious! Emily and Greg played off each other so well! The writing and the acting on this show was incredible.
Yes and yes.

The transcript doesn't even give the scene justice as we know.

Yes, it is pure gold, that scene and this entire series as a whole.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Saw this on Twitter and laughed so hard:

We are in the S3 zone.
Old 03-09-2022, 05:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)

We are in the S3 zone.
That's hilarious and so true!

Old 03-09-2022, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

We are in the S3 zone.
Wow...that is so true! Danger and stupidity all through that season.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Exactly.

Just how that person breaks it down is so true.

I mean, I didn't hate S2. The quality was off the charts as usual since this is Everwood. That said, if you are an Ephram and Amy fan S2 was a tough season for them as we all know.
Old 03-12-2022, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

3.10 coming up… can we just skip it? JK.
Old 03-12-2022, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
3.10 coming up… can we just skip it? JK.
I wouldn't blame you if we did. Horrible episode which made absolutely no sense after what happened in the cabin.
Old 03-12-2022, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I wouldn't blame you if we did. Horrible episode which made absolutely no sense after what happened in the cabin.
I actually just watched. Ugh. Indeed.
Old 03-23-2022, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

WOO HOO finally was able to watch this episode and it was nice and clear on my dvd with no pop ups so thats a bonus. Glad I ended up buying these actually! Ebay everyone, it was a lifesaver and they came fast...

This was def. one of the better episodes of season 3 imo. Probably because it focused so much on Ephram and Amy. While I didn't like the opening monologue scenes (those felt really awkward to me) I enjoyed the rest of it. It was nice to see them talk about sex, though I feel like it could have been discussed in a more natural way? It's kind of strange to me that they haven't even progressed further than kissing before they went all the way. You would think they would take it in steps haha. And Ive always though planning out sex is just so weird and makes it even more nerve-wracking but they are young so it makes sense. It was cute of Amy to get the cabin for them and also for Ephram to get roses and stuff. I also liked her freak out because I think that is natural and I liked that Ephram said they could take it off the table. The morning first time instead felt a lot more special and cute. The phonecall at the end was great too.

"It doesn't have to be special, it just has to be you."

I kinda wish they had just done it without telling their parents though. I hate that Harold and Andy are so much in their business, its kind of irritating. I did love the scene with Rose and Harold. It was nice to see them kiss and just look like they are in love for once? Sometimes they just come off so old and not even like they are married... lol.

I liked the talk with Hannah and Amy and what Hannah said about waiting til marriage. The way she phrased it was nice. I agree with her too in the sense that when you want to wait, at least it relieves all the pressure in highschool.

It was interesting that Nina called Jake first thing when Sam was hurt instead of calling Andy. And Jake was so sweet talking to Sam. God, why do I like him this time around?

I actually liked Amanda more in this episode too and it was nice to see them accompany their kids on their "date" or whatever. Deliah's reaction to im was so hilarious. I did feel more chemistry with them in this episode and I was glad Amanda was able to have a sort of normal evening without thinking about her husband's condition.

Top 5 this episode:
1. Ephram
2. Harold
3. Amy
4. Jake
5. Andy
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
WOO HOO finally was able to watch this episode and it was nice and clear on my dvd with no pop ups so thats a bonus. Glad I ended up buying these actually! Ebay everyone, it was a lifesaver and they came fast...
That is awesome!

Quote:
This was def. one of the better episodes of season 3 imo. Probably because it focused so much on Ephram and Amy.
Honestly, this is truth.

Quote:
While I didn't like the opening monologue scenes (those felt really awkward to me) I enjoyed the rest of it. It was nice to see them talk about sex, though I feel like it could have been discussed in a more natural way? It's kind of strange to me that they haven't even progressed further than kissing before they went all the way. You would think they would take it in steps haha. And Ive always though planning out sex is just so weird and makes it even more nerve-wracking but they are young so it makes sense. It was cute of Amy to get the cabin for them and also for Ephram to get roses and stuff. I also liked her freak out because I think that is natural and I liked that Ephram said they could take it off the table. The morning first time instead felt a lot more special and cute. The phonecall at the end was great too.
Perfect summary.

I love how it all evolved. It was so adorable. I LOVE when Ephram said let's take it off the table. Greg gives Ephram the most beautiful expression when he said that to Amy. It was so sweet and intimate.

Quote:
"It doesn't have to be special, it just has to be you."

Quote:
I kinda wish they had just done it without telling their parents though. I hate that Harold and Andy are so much in their business, its kind of irritating. I did love the scene with Rose and Harold. It was nice to see them kiss and just look like they are in love for once? Sometimes they just come off so old and not even like they are married... lol.
Right! It is very clear Harold and Rose have sex. Refreshing. They typically act like they are 90 years of age or not really in love so it was a nice change.

I agree. It does suck Ephram and Amy couldn't have gone there without Andy and Harold in their business. I guess the writers wanted the audience tortured once again given the indirect Madison reminder.

Quote:
I liked the talk with Hannah and Amy and what Hannah said about waiting til marriage. The way she phrased it was nice. I agree with her too in the sense that when you want to wait, at least it relieves all the pressure in highschool.
The Amy and Hannah talk felt so real. It was really beautiful and grounded, especially how they can state their feelings and even if they come from a different place that's okay, they will support each other. Hannah saying I want to wait until marriage and only be with one person but then made it clear she believed Amy already found her "one" in Ephram which made it different. I just love how Hannah was very supportive. Hannah was right too... I think it's awesome Amy only had sex with Ephram.

Quote:
It was interesting that Nina called Jake first thing when Sam was hurt instead of calling Andy. And Jake was so sweet talking to Sam. God, why do I like him this time around?
I thought Jake was great in this storyline too. Yes, that is true... it really was Jake first, then Andy. Which is a strong hint even Nina knows right now her time with Andy is not meant to be romantic, it will come later.

Quote:
I actually liked Amanda more in this episode too and it was nice to see them accompany their kids on their "date" or whatever. Deliah's reaction to im was so hilarious. I did feel more chemistry with them in this episode and I was glad Amanda was able to have a sort of normal evening without thinking about her husband's condition.
Yes, I mean, it is so understandable Amanda wants some normal moments. Imagine how horrible it must have been for her taking care of John and really doing nothing else. She doesn't seem to have family in the area. She has her young son and that is it. This had been her life for years and then she finds Andy interesting. Just thinking about it in this manner it does make sense. She is human.

Quote:
Top 5 this episode:
1. Ephram
2. Harold
3. Amy
4. Jake
5. Andy
Good ranking!
Reply   Post New Thread