Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2022, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It definitely is.

If I was the father of an 11 year old girl I'd probably freak out like Andy did. That does seem really young for children to be engaging in that kind of activity. It was done for comical purposes, but I could see where Andy was coming from.
My mom and dad wouldn't have been happy either. LOL. But I think they would have tried very hard not to embarrass me. They would have talked to me in a different room while the party still continued. Then I would have joined the party again with the promise that a serious discussion would follow the party.

Quote:
I completely agree. I would have loved to have seen them develop a friendship instead of engaging in an illicit affair. Andy doing that really made me think less of him.
What makes it even worse is knowing on some deep level he understands he has feelings for Nina... he is clueless but not that clueless... he knows at the very least seeing Jake ask Nina out bothered him even if he doesn't understand why at this point.

The best storyline they could have written was Andy putting extra time into his friendship with Nina in S3 and they grow even closer, maybe kiss once then freak out and think about what it meant. Then Madisongate explodes and it would be Andy and Nina picking up the pieces of Andy's broken heart while Ephram is in Europe and they grow even closer as a result. Madisongate could have been a tool used to facilitate Andy and Nina and their development at least but we didn't even get that which sucks.

Quote:
I really don't like it when the shows goes out of its way to make Harold look like a buffoon. They did that with Bright a lot of times too, where they even had some of the other characters, like Ephram and Amy in the plane scene, basically call him an idiot.
I agree. I like when they show Harold's quirks in an organic why such as his interaction with Dr. Trott. But this episode it was way too outlandish.

Quote:
Thanks so much!

It was definitely a very realistic situation. It's a sad fact that many people will come and go in your life.
Absolutely.

Quote:
I feel the same way, especially since I know what's coming later in this season and knowing that they'll be apart for all of Season Four until the very last scene in the very last episode.
Yes, that is so disappointing.

Quote:
It really was a cute scene, but I'll bet that Harold never spent time with Bright teaching him nursery rhymes with harder words substituted. The difference in the way that Harold and treated Amy versus how he treated Bright always made me sad.
I have a feeling Bright felt way more closer to Rose. I just think that is how it was constructed... Amy was closer to Harold (and later, Rose) and Bright was initially closer to Rose and later, Harold (or he worked on things with Harold). Personality-wise, Harold and Amy have a lot in common and I think that was a draw as well. I also find it interesting that while Harold admired his father, he wasn't super close to him emotionally either in addition to his mother. You would think he would have tried extra hard with Bright because he not only lost his dad early on in life, but wasn't super emotionally close with him either.

Quote:
It really was a beautiful scene.

I feel the exact same way.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's a good comparison between Bright and Hannah and Harold and Rose. Rose was more level-headed than Harold and she wasn't pompous like Harold, but they shared the same basic values, which wasn't the case at all with Bright and Hannah.
Exactly right. Same, basic values, Harold and Rose absolutely shared. They were totally in sync in this way. Bright and Hannah, on the other hand, were complete opposites in every way.

Actually... a great parallel that matches is Harold and Rose and Ephram and Amy. They are SO alike in so many ways, including how early they both met and fell in love.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I kinda forgot about them . But you are right. Jake is getting more screen time than Delia and Rose too.. meh. WHY did they love this freaking character so much???
Me too.

Right? It doesn't make any sense. Was Berlanti and Rina just in love with Scott Wolf and they thought it was appropriate to forget about the characters way more important than Jake? If so, that is bunk.

Quote:
It's really hard when you are at different places with your friends. All my friends for example are married, have houses, have kids and yeah, im still single and working and dont want kids and for a while was still interested in going out and having fun etc (though lately i just wanna stay home and watch netflix lmao) But yeah, its hard to be around people that dont really understand your lifestyle.
That's so very true.

Quote:
But they kinda deserved it??? lmao. Having the audacity to think you could just make out with guys liek that???? excuseeee meeee. Sorry I would be pissed lmao.
That is true, too. It is weird to think about because even if I wasn't a perfect child, I never would have done what Delia and those kids did in the manner that they did it. Especially with someone as reckless and backstabbing as Brittany being the look out.

Quote:
And like, really Jake? You still want to date her? Shes clearly rebounding.
EXACTLY. It is odd he still wants to date her when she didn't even say feelings or crush, she said IN LOVE and someone who was cemented inside her heart too. Very weird he still wanted to date her.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I kinda like how subtle they are together, but I am wondering why they havent had the sex talk yet? I mean theyve been together for a while and ephram is not a virgin. and he doesnt know amy is, does he? I find it odd it hasnt come up yet.
I LOVE the subtle too. I also like how the writers do not dumb down to the audience. We are just expected to understand Ephram and Amy are getting plenty of making out sessions in there. It is insinuated so much based on how they look at each other, touch each other. But you are absolutely correct about the sex talk not taking place just yet. Like it or not (not lol) Ephram had sex with Madison and he's a teen guy now with the love of his life. You would think he would be so eager to start the sex talk at the very least. But then again, he looks so tired and overworked with piano at the same time. Still, unfortunately Ephram isn't a virgin as well, so it would make sense he'd want to experience this with Amy sooner rather than later. Yes, you make another good point... does Ephram right now know Amy is a virgin? I don't even know!
Old 02-01-2022, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
I Yes, you make another good point... does Ephram right now know Amy is a virgin? I don't even know!
I think he knows. Remember season 2 when he assumed that Amy and Tommy had had sex and was surprised when Amy told he they didn't.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I think he knows. Remember season 2 when he assumed that Amy and Tommy had had sex and was surprised when Amy told he they didn't.
Also, in that flashback scene in Season 4, Amy told Ephram that she had never slept with Colin.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Also, in that flashback scene in Season 4, Amy told Ephram that she had never slept with Colin.
Yes!! That, too! Ephram was surprised.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)

Thank you! I was getting confused on if it was a flashback or not. Does he know at this point she didn’t with Colin, too?
Old 02-01-2022, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thank you!

I was confusing this.

Thanks you guys, you both revealed answers to the mystery.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

So Ephram officially knows in S2 she never slept with both Colin and Tommy.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I would say, "Yes!"
Old 02-01-2022, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Yes, definitely, so he didn't try to press the issue until they were both ready in The Reflex.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-01-2022, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^

Exactly. Which I thought was so beautiful. He was so understanding and soft with her in that episode. It defined them once again... in sync, communicative, strong spiritual, emotional, romantic connections, they flow beautifully.
Old 02-01-2022, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
^

Exactly. Which I thought was so beautiful. He was so understanding and soft with her in that episode. It defined them once again... in sync, communicative, strong spiritual, emotional, romantic connections, they flow beautifully.
In the context of how wonderful and perfect they were together in this season it made absolutely no sense why Ephram would break up with Amy in the aftermath of Madisongate and say such cruel things to her and break her heart. I could understand him being upset about the baby reveal and Andy's role in keeping that news from him, but why take things out on Amy? It seems so out of character for Ephram to do that.

Old 02-01-2022, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
In the context of how wonderful and perfect they were together in this season it made absolutely no sense why Ephram would break up with Amy in the aftermath of Madisongate and say such cruel things to her and break her heart. I could understand him being upset about the baby reveal and Andy's role in keeping that news from him, but why take things out on Amy? It seems so out of character for Ephram to do that.
I agree. I think that's why what he does upsets the fandom so much. It is SO out of character for Ephram to do. He even gave her that Infinity necklace then laughs about it later on. Out of character and borderline cruel.

The real Ephram might want to get away from Andy, but he would take Amy with him or try to... certainly not break up with her but ask if she wanted to go with him to Europe or back to NYC, together they would deal with the shock and pain over how betrayed he felt by both Andy and Madison. Instead, he dumps Amy like she was trash. It's awful. It never matched up with the Eprham and Amy story. His determination to win her back immediately upon return from Europe and finding out he wrote her postcards, THAT is Ephram; but the crap before then, breaking up, leaving her (especially with Rose's cancer diagnosis), laughing about her seeing a forever for them, it all was cruel and entirely out of character and you are so right... look no further than how he acts at the cabin as to just HOW out of character it was.
Reply   Post New Thread