Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2022, 01:30 PM
Administrator

I don't know if you saw this earlier Michelle in one of my responses to your post, but I loved that Amy told Ephram that she loved him, and I can understand why he hesitated a bit before saying "I love you too" to her. The way I see it, Amy is more of an outgoing and expressive person than Ephram. Ephram is somewhat closed emotionally due to several factors: The loss of his mother, the issues with his father, the disaster of his relationship with Madison, and his introversion in general. That's why he said that he had a lot in common with Hannah because she's also introverted and interested in things that many other people aren't interested in. So him not saying "I love you too" right away or not saying those words as expressively as Amy did fits his personality, and if you think about it, the Ferris Wheel scene in the Season Finale played out the same way, where Amy had a long and beautiful speech about how she loved Ephram and she didn't want them to be apart again and she ended that speech by saying "I love you Ephram" in such a heartfelt way, but Ephram didn't say "I love you too" right away, and when he did say it, his declaration was much shorter than hers. It was two different personality types that blended perfectly.

My mother and father were like that in many ways. My mother was much more expressive and outgoing than my father, but my father was much more even tempered than my mother, and their personalities blended well together and they were a great couple.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I don't know if you saw this earlier Michelle in one of my responses to your post, but I loved that Amy told Ephram that she loved him, and I can understand why he hesitated a bit before saying "I love you too" to her. The way I see it, Amy is more of an outgoing and expressive person than Ephram. Ephram is somewhat closed emotionally due to several factors: The loss of his mother, the issues with his father, the disaster of his relationship with Madison, and his introversion in general. That's why he said that he had a lot in common with Hannah because she's also introverted and interested in things that many other people aren't interested in. So him not saying "I love you too" right away or not saying those words as expressively as Amy did fits his personality, and if you think about it, the Ferris Wheel scene in the Season Finale played out the same way, where Amy had a long and beautiful speech about how she loved Ephram and she didn't want them to be apart again and she ended that speech by saying "I love you Ephram" in such a heartfelt way, but Ephram didn't say "I love you too" right away, and when he did say it, his declaration was much shorter than hers. It was two different personality types that blended perfectly.

My mother and father were like that in many ways. My mother was much more expressive and outgoing than my father, but my father was much more even tempered than my mother, and their personalities blended well together and they were a great couple.
That is so very true and awe, your parents.

I remember when this first aired and people thought Ephram almost looked unhappy and hesitated. I thought it looked like pure maturity on Ephram's end. With Madison he was a little boy who looked like he ate too much candy. He was so immature and flighty. With Amy he feels relaxed, strong, confident and happy. He has such a different energy with Amy, it is so beautiful to see. You are so right on... their personalities are very different but good different, they complete each other.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everwoodlover (View Post)

The Hannah storyline I also liked as I knew shy girls like her growing up and it was cute to see her and Amy becoming actual friends, I was bummed that Edna quit but I can see why as the issues between her and Harold ran far too deep to be able to get past, and I felt bad for Harold for trying to help her and getting his head bit off, as i've done that in the past for my parents and have had similar outcomes(usually at the receiving end of my dad).
It was a difficult decision, but Edna really had no choice. It made sense that Edna would leave in that she had a poor relationship with Harold to begin with and didn't want to take the chance of making it worse. It would definitely have become worse if Edna had stayed and worked with him.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Hannah seemed painfully shy as Ephram tried to strike up a conversation with her, but more than anyone, Ephram understood how hard it was to be at a new school where no one knew you, and she showed her gratefulness for his kindness by giving him a video game that she knew he would like, which aroused Amy’s jealousy, and that jealousy would manifest itself throughout this episode.
It was really interesting that Hannah wore a purple beret to school which Ephram realized was a no no, because he remembered the reaction he got with his purple hair. A definite similarity.
Hannah's gift was so thoughtful and really appreciated by Ephram.

Quote:
I thought it was funny that Amy’s friends thought that Hannah was “totally eyeing her man” and they got her worried about possibly losing Ephram to her, which got Amy started on a plan to set up Hannah with someone else so she could “stake her claim” to the boy she loved.
Amy seems to hang out with these friends for convenience. She admitted to Hannah that they weren't real friends. But boy....what a turnaround in their reaction to and treatment of Ephram.
Old 01-18-2022, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

Okay Jake is starting to get a little irritating now lol. He’s just a bit too much and I wish there was less of him. His personality is really over the top and it just comes off very fake.
He was irritating to me from the very beginning! lol

Quote:
ANDY AND HAROLD ARE THE BEST. I love them so damn much. I can say they are the only two grown men aver 40 that I ship and care this much about . When Andy told Jake to "Hike it up your ass" I died! lmao.
And clueless Jake asked, "Was that a No?"

Quote:
Bright, boy you are such a dang jerk. How he treated Hanna was so mean and i kinda feel like it was a little OOC??? Like, he was nice to Delia before so I got the impression he was good with people. I just wish he was nice to Hannah but then told her after that he wasn't really interested like that in a nice way instead of doing what he did.
He's obviously not interested in Hannah, but to just walk away and hook up with another girl right in front of herl was downright mean. Very disappointing. Bright, I thought you were a better man.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 01-18-2022 at 07:02 PM
Old 01-18-2022, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediseermic (View Post)

- Ephram and Amy LOOK SO CUTE holding hands, both in black walking into school, but not before flirty romantic banter.
That was so adorable...they act like they've always been a couple..so natural.
Quote:
- I love how Harold and Andy talk cases with Harold mentioning his salad doesn't have much bacon in it so Andy gets up and grabs what little bacon he has from it and puts it in his mouth.
Andy is such a ball buster when it comes to Harold.
Quote:
- Amy's friends are such idiots. LOL. Don't listen to them, Amy, Ephram totally loves you even while he was with trainwreck adult babysitter.
How hypocritical when one of them grabbed Ephram's butt.

Quote:
- I love how sweet Amy is with Hannah, too (certainly before her friends tried making her feel insecure about Ephram's possible feelings for Hannah). Proof she was never like her friends. Guaranteed she was never mean to anyone before Colin got into the accident.
Amy really is a sweetheart. I love that she mentioned Laynie as her best friend. What a loss!

-
Quote:
There is Jake... Nina and Jake are so obviously getting together eventually. So much foreshadowing.
Jake is definitely eying Nina. Darn!

Quote:
- The bantering between Ephram and Amy when they are in Ephram's new piano space is so much fun.

- Jealous Amy really does rule.
It's understandable that Amy would be jealous...between the doubts her so called friends put in her mind and Ephram calling Hannah special....most any girl would be jealous.

-
Quote:
Really tough, sad situation with the family and the brother abusing (without trying) the other brother.
Very sad situation. The mother had to make a difficult choice and she made the best one for her family.

Quote:
- Edna telling Andy she had fun was so sad.
That was a truly heartbreaking scene...Edna was Andy's first partner who accepted him from the very beginning while her son did not.

Quote:
Saving the best for last... Ephram and Amy...
Such a sweet beautiful romantic scene.

It's interesting that you had mentioned the reason why Amy and Ephram did not have many kissing scenes in series was because the two of them had a constant cold that they didn't want spread back and forth. In this episode I actually noticed Amy's cold. She sounded very "stuffy" and nasal to me throughout. Did anyone else notice?
Old 01-18-2022, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
One of many reasons why Everwood was so special.
Exactly.

Quote:
I love how the show never drops storylines and character dynamics. The Harold/Edna story and their interaction from when Harold was little was addressed more than once. Plus, if we would have received S5, the tentative outline included Edna even moving in with Harold and Rose (due to Irv's passing) and lots of interaction between Harold and Edna addressing their rocky relationship.
I also like that Edna told him that the mutual animosity between her and Harold was something that he couldn't fix, because there certainly are situations that can't be fixed. It would have been interesting to see Edna living with Harold and Rose.

Quote:
That is very true.
It's too bad, because I would have liked to have seen some of these characters again, like Katie from Season One's Episode 20.

Quote:
Just the opposite even. Especially since she would have wanted to take over Amy's life which meant becoming very drawn to Ephram too and as we see in this episode, the opposite was taking place.
Exactly, so I think the "Single White Female" concept was dropped almost immediately before this episode was filmed.

Quote:
Certainly. Amy crushing on Colin had way more to do with the town basically throwing them together over anything else. Even Nina was buying it.
I completely agree. If the accident had never happened or if Colin's surgery was completely successful, I think that Amy would have broken up with him long before there was any talk of marriage between them. Amy was already getting tired of his arrogance before he had that seizure, just like she had gotten tired of her childhood friends.

Quote:
Definitely.
Yes, Harold spent a lot of his adult life trying to get back at Edna.

Quote:
Big time.
Andy could be so blind sometimes and this was one of those times.

Quote:
Yes, Edna overall just seemed sad that she was leaving Andy when she didn't want to. She was embarrassed she went over to a competitor and did this to Andy considering she was only wanting to leave due to her son, not Andy.
Both of the times that Edna worked for another doctor (first Andy, and now Jake) she did it to get back at Harold, but Andy was caught in the crossfire this time.

Quote:
Always.
It really did.

Quote:
Me too.
I'm really enjoying this rewatch because it's allowing me to see things I didn't see the first time.

Quote:
Have you seen Elizabeth Mitchell in anything else? She lights up the screen.
No I haven't, but I can tell that she's an incredible actress.

Quote:

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-18-2022, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That was so adorable...they act like they've always been a couple..so natural.
So real and natural! It really is like they’ve just always been eternally.

Quote:
Andy is such a ball buster when it comes to Harold.

Quote:
How hypocritical when one of them grabbed Ephram's butt.
That’s so true!

Quote:
Amy really is a sweetheart. I love that she mentioned Laynie as her best friend. What a loss!

Quote:
Jake is definitely eying Nina. Darn!
Yes! I wonder if his cockiness and wit reminded her of her ex-husband. Psychology is real. Sometimes you want to find a replica of someone from a past unhealthy relationship because it’s familiar. Jake even has a secret (like her ex) he was keeping from her too (substance abuse) he tells her about later on.

Quote:
It's understandable that Amy would be jealous...between the doubts her so called friends put in her mind and Ephram calling Hannah special....most any girl would be jealous.
That’s so very true.

Quote:
Very sad situation. The mother had to make a difficult choice and she made the best one for her family.
I honestly believe so too. Even if he becomes more difficult she could always get help. A therapist could come to the house to help. I think a big theme in this episode definitely had to do with not everything being black-and-white, decisions are made based on unique individuals in certain circumstances. Look at how Edna left Andy and Harold. From the outside it looks like such a beautiful trio, or it could have been. But a mother literally left her son (and good friend in Andy) and partnered up with a competitor RIGHT in her ex-husband’s original and only office clinic space because she thought it was for the best. She left her son just like the mother in the medical case also had to leave one of her son’s too, and both were unique and difficult situations.

Quote:
That was a truly heartbreaking scene...Edna was Andy's first partner who accepted him from the very beginning while her son did not.
Yes, indeed. The nonverbal communication between Treat and Debra = sizzling with emotion. It almost felt like one of them was leaving the show, it is so real and emotional.

Quote:
Such a sweet beautiful romantic scene.

Quote:
It's interesting that you had mentioned the reason why Amy and Ephram did not have many kissing scenes in series was because the two of them had a constant cold that they didn't want spread back and forth. In this episode I actually noticed Amy's cold. She sounded very "stuffy" and nasal to me throughout. Did anyone else notice?
100%. Watch the upcoming episodes too. You will see Greg doing the same thing and then it goes back to Emily. LOL. It was discussed in a past interview (Emily or Rina talked about it) and was discussed over on fanbolt spoilers too. Emily and Greg literally could not get healthy in S3 while filming. One of them would get a cold and the other would catch it and then the other would get sick again followed by the other one as well. Just colds, nothing serious, but they kept passing viruses back and forth a few times so TPTB tried to limit their physical closeness on the screen so they could both attempt to get fully healthy.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-18-2022 at 08:01 PM
Old 01-19-2022, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everwoodlover (View Post)
Didn't know about the actors having colds(I imagine the cold climate in Utah had a lot to do with that) but I felt like it was more realistic that Ephram and Amy weren't kissing all the time so didn't mind it so much, reminds me of the scene in Rocky with Adrian being hesitant to kiss Rocky in the kitchen, Adrian was originally supposed to kiss him but Talia Shire had a cold and nobody wanted to risk Stallone getting sick so they rewrote the scene to have her not do the kiss and the director agreed that the scene actually worked better that way then how it was originally on the page.
I think I'm the only person on this board who would have liked more physical affection. I felt that since they were crazy about each other they wouldn't be able to keep their hands off of each other. lol
Old 01-19-2022, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Exactly.

I also like that Edna told him that the mutual animosity between her and Harold was something that he couldn't fix, because there certainly are situations that can't be fixed. It would have been interesting to see Edna living with Harold and Rose.
Yes, it would have lead to really intriguing moments. The situation would have been in reverse... Harold thought his mother abandoned him when he was little. Now, Edna would have to rely on her son when she needs him the most. I am sure the writers would have brought up how Harold felt abandoned (right or wrong he felt this) as a little boy and now his mother needed him to be there for her (even if Edna would never admit this) in her older adult years and Harold as a grown adult.

Quote:
It's too bad, because I would have liked to have seen some of these characters again, like Katie from Season One's Episode 20.
Me too. I loved Kate from S1. The actress is really good.

Quote:
Exactly, so I think the "Single White Female" concept was dropped almost immediately before this episode was filmed.
Yes, it was earlier than this episode.

Quote:
I completely agree. If the accident had never happened or if Colin's surgery was completely successful, I think that Amy would have broken up with him long before there was any talk of marriage between them. Amy was already getting tired of his arrogance before he had that seizure, just like she had gotten tired of her childhood friends.
100%. Which is why I really wish Ephram or Laynie would have told her Colin was planning on breaking up with her before the accident. Either way, she would have broken up with him eventually. She had also fallen for Ephram too. You don't do that if you are completely and truly in love with someone else.

Quote:
Yes, Harold spent a lot of his adult life trying to get back at Edna.
He really did.

Quote:
Andy could be so blind sometimes and this was one of those times.
Absolutely and we will see this coming up with Nina and Jake too.

Quote:
Both of the times that Edna worked for another doctor (first Andy, and now Jake) she did it to get back at Harold, but Andy was caught in the crossfire this time.
That's so true.

Quote:
It really did.

I'm really enjoying this rewatch because it's allowing me to see things I didn't see the first time.
I feel the same.

Quote:
No I haven't, but I can tell that she's an incredible actress.

She is a phenomenal actress. She blew me away on Lost. She has that Emily VanCamp, unteachable talent, or like a Michelle Williams. Yes, she is THAT talented. She's scene stealing. You can just tell she goes off script because of how naturally good she is, and it's not just about the words, it's HOW she delivers the lines, it's the nonverbal, that type of talent you cannot be taught, you either have it or you don't. She is a terrific actress.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I think I'm the only person on this board who would have liked more physical affection. I felt that since they were crazy about each other they wouldn't be able to keep their hands off of each other. lol

I wonder... since they showed how physical and sexual Ephram and Madison were in S2, all the more they wanted to show how Ephram and Amy were all about the emotional/spiritual connection first, then the physical but their foundation was so strong, they didn't need to jump into the physical immediately. Although I do like how touchy they are right now, hand holding, rubbing each others heads, legs, etc. They are extremely touchy. We aren't seeing them making out like crazy though and I do wonder... if in addition to Greg and Emily being sick like crazy, they wanted to show an Ephram and Amy relationship that was totally anti-Ephram and Madison.

That all said... they all but admitted they were trying to get both Greg and Emily healthy so this played the largest part by far even if there might have been some secondary factors involved too.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Jerry, look at the section under awards and nominations... she was very much recognized for her work, she won an award as you can see but Emmy nominated as well... she was so fabulous:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Mitchell

Everwood somehow finds or discovers all the gems.
Old 01-19-2022, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Jerry, look at the section under awards and nominations... she was very much recognized for her work, she won an award as you can see but Emmy nominated as well... she was so fabulous:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Mitchell

Everwood somehow finds or discovers all the gems.
Wow, she's had an incredible career. It's amazing how Everwood got top-notch actors for the show, from the main cast to the guest stars. They had Betty White, James Earl Jones, Elizabeth Mitchell, and Kate Mara as guest stars to name but a few. Everything about this show spelled quality.

Old 01-20-2022, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Wow, she's had an incredible career. It's amazing how Everwood got top-notch actors for the show, from the main cast to the guest stars. They had Betty White, James Earl Jones, Elizabeth Mitchell, and Kate Mara as guest stars to name but a few. Everything about this show spelled quality.
That's so true.

Seriously, it is incredible they found Elizabeth Mitchell. She was so good on Lost, she blew me away with her performance. She plays a very complicated character. Initially you think she is even bad but she never was. She ends up romantically with one of my favorite characters too and they reunite in Eternity and that moment was incredible.

I can find it for you... Alan and I watched this scene about 100000 times and discussed on OT2.

This scene is between her character, Juliet, and Sawyer. They were totally together but she died when they were still on the Island . Sawyer lives out his full life and this scene they are literally both dead, they are Spirits, and they found each other again... then they find the others and move on into the true Afterlife.

Here is the moment:

Alan and I both bawled like babies watching this... keep in mind, they are Spirits, they do not know they are dead though, not until they meet again.

I LOVE THEM.

Old 01-20-2022, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Jerry, if I could remotely compare Sawyer and Juliet to a pairing on Dawson's Creek it would be Pacey and Andie. They had that banter and she changed him for the better in a million ways. He was even rougher around the edges than Pacey. They were so pure and perfect for each other.

Yes, I loved this show and as you can tell based on the Spiritual Element, it was my type, 100% based on the ending alone.

I will always remember sharing this show with Alan.

But once again, bringing it back to Everwood, of course they found her talent. Everwood was so good at finding eventual stars or getting amazing ones already established too. Only Everwood.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-21-2022 at 07:53 AM
Reply   Post New Thread