Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2022, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Wow, that's incredible! Thanks for filling me in on the details!
No problem!
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Great review Michelle.
Thanks! You too, which I will get to soon!

Quote:
I agree. Ephram and Amy were at the heart of this episode and the show itself.
The best episodes of the series feature Ephram and Amy. If you read past episode discussions (especially in S2) when there's even a hint of Ephram and Amy people are happy. They really are the heart and soul of the series.

Quote:
Yes, the theme of the harm that lack of communication and lies and deceptions can cause definitely resonated throughout this episode.
It was definitely real and relatable.

Quote:
That cheating husband was despicable, especially when he basically told Andy not to treat his wife or treat her and not tell her what he was treating her for. I also found it sad that his wife knew what a philandering lowlife he was but she chose to stay with him.
Absolutely. What a sad situation all around. I found myself even more angry with her for putting up with him. It was interesting. Initially I felt sorry for her but the second it was revealed that she knew what he was doing and walked out acting like they were fine (even kissing up to him) I rolled my eyes. I hate when this happens in real life... staying with someone so unhealthy and toxic. I could understand it more if he physically abused her because sometimes that can really do a psychological number on you and it takes a while to leave. But given their situation, he was just a cheating jerk and she should have been so grossed out and angry the second she found out. When someone cheats, it is like mice... you see one, you eventually see many since there's usually never just one. When someone cheats, typically they are cheating more than once or eventually will cheat more. The behavior doesn't stop until you put a stop to it.

Quote:
I also like that Rose called Bright on his lying to her and that he seemed genuinely contrite.
Yes, initially she showed empathy but it took her about two seconds to figure out what he was really up to.

Quote:
My dislike for Jake increased in this episode and Harold is a much better doctor than he is. Jake is basically a charming con-artist with no substance to him.
I am with you. 3.1, he was kind of funny but 3.2, I didn't find him funny at all. Irritating, clueless, out for money and success. It is disgusting he even attempted to enter this Town and act like he could own and control it. Sadly, the Townies initially bought it too. I loved when Harold came out on top in the end and Jake was knocked down several pegs.

Quote:
I loved seeing Harold and Amy so close again, and their relationship stood in stark contrast to Ephram and Andy's relationship in this episode.
Proof that Harold and Amy were bent, not broken in S2. Andy and Ephram by comparison have never fully fixed things. They did in S1, by the end of S1 they were in a very good place. But then the vulnerable test of time was S2. Unfortunately that was dedicated to an adult babysitter with a teen boy and they didn't get a chance to fine tune and strengthen their fragile but fixed dynamic.

Quote:
She was great!

Quote:
I think that Delia wasn't mentioned in that scene because Delia never had the feelings of resentment that Ephram had toward Andy, and his relationship with Delia was always relatively harmonious (up to that point, anyway, as we saw her pull some Ephram-like stunts and tantrums in future episodes) so Andy knew that it was Ephram that he had to get to know and win over. I really wish that Harold hadn't told Andy not to tell Ephram about Madison's pregnancy. Andy knew that all of his progress with Ephram would be swept away once Ephram found out about Madison's pregnancy and that Andy ordered her not to tell him, so it would have been much better for him to tell him then instead of Ephram finding out after she had the baby and gave him up for adoption.
That's really true. Andy and Delia were fine while they were in NYC. Delia was too young back then to understand everything. She still never found out about Julia's adultery either. But yes, the main relationship was Andy and Ephram that needed fixed and who Julia was referring to when she thought going to a majestic town she found while traveling would be beneficial and healing for them.

Yes, it seemed like Andy had all the knowledge in this Andy and Harold scene and Harold wasn't talking pure truth. He had one point when he said at that very moment no one knew where Madison was or the choice she made. However, both Ephram and Andy could have gone back to Mindy and asked her for information and at the very least she would have contacted Madison to let her know Andy told Ephram. In the end, it was all going to blow up and Andy knew it. Andy knew it was a temporary fix to keep things peaceful between them. Harold was thinking of Amy and the Ephram and Amy love. I guess we can wonder what might have happened between Ephram and Amy had they not been given this romantic chance when they did. But then again, they were written as spiritual with an unstoppable connection... they still would have found a way even if the baby nightmare would have been revealed at the end of S2, beginning of S3.

Quote:
Harold resented Andy, but he always respected him and he defended him when the idiot townspeople put him down, but Jake is just a con-artist who didn't deserve Harold's respect. He's charming, but he's an empty suit.
100%.

Quote:
I saw Ephram as being in the wrong throughout this episode and I was glad that Amy stood up to him but I was especially glad to see them make up.
Me too!

Quote:
Dean was beyond despicable, and I found it so sad that his wife chose to stay with him even though she knew what a philandering pig he was. I also saw that in Harold and Andy's partnership, Andy still doesn't charge for his services, but Harold obviously does, so obviously they did work all that out.
Definitely. Like I mentioned, I actually was more frustrated with the wife once it was revealed she knew that he cheated and had done it before. Yes, Harold has money but is not rich like Andy is so it is understandable why he had to charge and Andy didn't.

Quote:
I loved how close Nina and Andy have gotten, and I hate that Jake would come into the picture very soon.
It is disappointing. Not to mention Amanda coming soon too.

Quote:
I didn't like how Bright tried to play Rose in this episode, but I was glad that she called him on it and he seemed genuinely contrite.
It was a nice storyline. I also liked seeing where Rose worked. I don't believe we had seen her office before.

Quote:
I was wondering about that too. I'm somewhat introverted but not like Hannah. It was hard to get a read on her in this episode as we only saw her for a few seconds.
That is why I wonder when 3.2 was filmed. Was it filmed with Dark Single White Female Hannah in mind or was it changed at this point? I could easily see this episode still connected to the original plan.

Quote:
I've become jaded to the end of episode breakthroughs with Ephram and Andy because they never lasted, but I agree that would have been the perfect time for Andy to tell Ephram about Madison's pregnancy, but he lost his chance and his nerve, and that decision would have dire consequences in the months to come.
At least we finally see permanent growth in S4 between them. Of course Ephram and Amy have to rebuild then as well which is another frustration and example of why the Madison storyline was the worst one of the series by far.

Quote:

Last edited by jediwands; 01-11-2022 at 09:21 AM
Old 01-11-2022, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Amy is absolutely adorable in these scenes.
She is and Emily had a blast going there. Emily has stated in numerous interviews how much she enjoyed playing Amy Abbott and Everwood in general. In this episode, alone, you can see she means every word in all of her interviews.

Quote:
He can be so awful! Andy really should not forgive him so easily.
Agreed.

Quote:
About time they came to their senses!
Yes!

Quote:
For now! Wait!
LOL!

Quote:
I kind of believe that if Andy had told Ephram now about the pregnancy Ephram would have been just as pissed at Andy and he was later on. And now Ephram would have a fit because Madison is gone and he wouldn't know how to contact her!
Yes, you're right, maybe Ephram would have been just as pissed off. I guess they could have gone to Mindy to find out where Madison was or the news that she decided to adopt. But otherwise, Ephram would have been fuming. Of course Andy could have said he wanted him to get through NYC. Andy did mention how much money he forked out for him to go there. Andy could have even said I cared about your well being and piano, I wanted you to get through it then I was going to tell you. Ephram would think of how poorly his review was and maybe it would have lightened the blow. Who knows.

Quote:
Her introduction was ridiculous. They kind of made Hannah into a cartoon character of awkward. Very exaggerated.
Agreed! It was weird. So maybe it was the Single White Female version we viewed before the character was changed. She is sill shy and introverted, the real version, but not like how she was introduced in 3.2.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I love the way that you pick up common themes in all of the episodes. It's so true that there was a lot of deception going on and bad communication. We can't forget the most serious deception: Andy deceiving Ephram. The only characters who were actually openly communicating were Andy and Harold!
Jerry is very good at analyzing the material and spelling it out to us.

Quote:
I loved this as well. As I was watching the scene I thought to myself....Harold is very pompous and likes talking down to his rivals, but he honestly is a very capable doctor...very caring about his patients....and very important to the town. He deserves much respect from both Andy and Jake.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everwoodlover (View Post)

I did ask Sarah Drew on instagram about the original plans for Hannah, i'll see if she responds.
I hope she responds!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Should be interesting to see if she responds!

Where we got the information was on Fanbolt/Everwood/Spoilers section. One poster that had the obvious tie to the show would type everything out for us, show us the sides/transcripts/descriptions of new characters, etc. Gaby, a past mod on this board, directed me there. Alex, another past mod on this board, was already over there. So the three of us lurked over there and infrequently posted as well.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediseermic (View Post)
Jerry is very good at analyzing the material and spelling it out to us.
Aww, thanks! I'm really enjoying this rewatch and finding thematic elements in each episode.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
My Thoughts.....

I just love the Amy/Ephram theme music..
Me too! The music alone makes me smile.

Quote:
Tough to see Ephram giving Amy the silent treatment...this just isn't him!
Completely agree! This is not the Ephram we got to know. I think Rina wrote Ephram out of character for drama. She was affiliated with Dawson's Creek and it shows in S3 when she was showrunner, unfortunately.

Quote:
Yes, Harold, Amy had a full life before she met Ephram, but she had really crappy friends! Right now with Laynie gone I don't see any really good friends except for Ephram.
Miss Laynie!

Quote:
You missed your chance, Ephram. Why did you wait so long to respond to Amy? Idiot! You finally have her and this is what you do?
Right? I just don't understand him.

Quote:
Harold outside wearing slippers. Love it! He and Andy are a couple Yentas gossiping about their children.
The Harold and Andy fans went nuts with happiness over them in this episode alone.

Quote:
Poor Andy works so hard to be in Ephram's life and Ephram doesn't give him a chance! Just respond, Ephram. Don't be a disrespectful jerk.
S1 was a long time ago when this was way more acceptable.

Quote:
"Hey, Ephram." A greeting from the "In Crowd". Wow....Ephram has really arrived. Pretty soon he might not even get uninvited to parties.
I did love to see this. He is not the purple-haired outcast anymore!

Quote:
I love all of the Ephram/Nina talks. He obviously has a ton of respect for her....she had him at Favor.
I love this dynamic. I think about what they'd be like in the future at family functions. Ephram lost Julia and Nina would be a perfect mother-in-law replacement.

Quote:
Ephram...the mullet is starting to develop. Please nip it in the bud now! lol
Stop it! He looks great.

Quote:
Yes, Celine Dion would have been a much better option.
LOL.

Quote:
I love when Andy gets into his protective parent mode. He puts Mama tigers to shame.

Quote:
That husband is such a jerk! He's her rock? It's tough to be sympathetic to a guy who is so weak that he can't control himself while away.
Exactly. I wonder if he was lying about the rock thing. The wife never gave this as an excuse when she told Andy not to say anything to him so it's very possible he was lying to Andy like he lies to his wife and probably everyone else around him.

Quote:
It's interesting that it's Harold who gives AMy advice/pep talks and Rose who gives Bright advice/pep talks. Does either parent know what's going on with the other kid?
That's so true! I never thought about this.

Quote:
Poor Harry....finally got used to Andy and now has to break in another hot shot doctor. lol
Pretty much!

Quote:
Should Andy be discussing a patient's case with Nina??
... especially in a public restaurant. Another good point.

Quote:
Did Ephram actually expect Amy to stand still and not do anything with her life while waiting for him to make up his mind? The world does not revolve around you, Ephram!
I think he did! And he thought they never broke up either!

Quote:
Amy sitting heartbroken on her bedroom floor lamenting about her life without Ephram...one of the best scenes of the series! Amy is definitely in love. Harold called it.
I agree! Man, was this scene beautiful.

Quote:
I love Delia....
Ephram: Broke up with Amy.
Delia: Already?
Ephram: Shut up, Delia.
What a wonderful scene.

Quote:
It's really difficult to know if Harold's advice is good advice. I'm wondering what would have happened to Ephram and Andy's relationship if Andy had told him about the pregnancy right then and there. Would it have been any better than the way it eventually played out when Madison told him? Tough to know. A great discussion question.
Agreed! A really good discussion question!

Quote:
I do love seeing Harold rooting for an Amy/Ephram romance. I guess he no longer considers Ephram a future felon with Tuburculosis.

It was so great to see.

Quote:
Wonderful school hallway scene. PDF rocks!

Quote:
Poor Bright. He does often act jerky, but he is trying to figure out what to do with his life. It's not easy. Sports was his life, but now he has to go in another direction. Another direction was never an option for him.
Who Moved My Cheese is a great book!
It does suck because he did work so hard to make up for it senior year but just ran out of time.

Quote:
Here we go.....it's Hannah!! I forgot how timid she was when first on the scene.
She looks like she's scared of her own shadow! See, to me that is not introversion. That is severe shyness. Introversion and Shy are two different things but often they are lumped together. No, you can be perfectly not shy yet Introverted. You can be shy and not Introverted either. Or you can be both.

Quote:
Love the way they made us believe that Andy was going to tell Ephram about Madison and doesn't. Phew....what a relief!

It appears that both Amy and Andy need Ephram to be a part of their lives. We should all have an Ephram as part of our lives. (Everyone except Madison of course!)

Old 01-11-2022, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Aww, thanks! I'm really enjoying this rewatch and finding thematic elements in each episode.
Ditto!
Old 01-11-2022, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everwoodlover (View Post)
I looked on Fanbolt through the Wayback Machine and unfortunately it looks like the WB section wasn't archived so for now that original script with crazy Hannah is lost unfortunately.

I did find out something else interesting in my searches though- Andy was originally supposed to be an Abortionist doctor but WB weren't ready for that kind of heat so them and Berlanti compromised by doing an episode focused on abortion.
It was really a twist to have Andy not willing to perform an abortion and Harold be willing to perform one (due to the promise that he had made to his father) in Season One's Episode 20. I didn't expect that at all, and it would have made sense for Andy, who Harold called a “Commie Pinko,” in that episode (in an endearing way though) and who was from New York, where abortions are more commonplace and not subject to the draconian rules about abortion that states like Texas have, to be the one to perform an abortion.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-11-2022, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I thought that this was an interesting episode that followed a theme concerning how deception and the inability to communicate can lead to misunderstandings and do real damage. We saw this theme resonate in all the major stories that were featured in this episode, from Andy dealing with a patient who was trying to hide his philandering ways from his wife, to Ephram and Amy not communicating with each other about their activities, which led to a temporary breakup between them, to Bright attempting to fool Rose about being unsure about his future, to Andy continuing to hide Madison’s pregnancy from Ephram.
I really love how everything once again was so tied together. Sometimes the medical cases don’t always connect with the main theme/s of the episodes but when they do, you understand it’s an important point the writers are trying to hit home.

Quote:
One thing that struck me about this episode was the huge difference between how Amy communicated with Harold versus how Ephram didn’t communicate with Andy, and how Andy had to find out the real reason that Ephram was upset from Harold, who had learned that information from Amy. I loved seeing how Amy found it so easy to tell Harold everything that was going on in her life, and I loved the fact that her and Harold are so close again after everything they went through in the aftermath of Colin’s death and I loved seeing Harold give her sage and loving advice and how he told her that she would know what to do to make things right between her and Ephram. I’ve always enjoyed seeing Harold’s caring and loving side when he interacts with his family, especially Amy, and I’m also enjoying seeing Harold treat Andy as a partner and a friend like he did in this episode, when he went to see Andy in the middle of the night to tell him that Ephram didn’t know about Madison’s pregnancy and to tell him the real reason that Ephram was so upset and distant from him. On the other side of the coin though, we saw that Ephram basically refused to communicate with Andy despite numerous attempts on Andy’s part to talk to him, and in typical Ephram fashion, he bottled up all his frustrations and only initially communicated with Andy in a surly and angry fashion. We saw this pattern repeated multiple times on this show, where we would spend the first part of the episode seeing Ephram moody and sullen, and Andy overreacting and saying the wrong things to Ephram, but then they’d come to an understanding in the second part of the episode and communicate with each other in a mutually respectful and considerate way, but their “truce” never seemed to last.
I think this was a secondary theme. It seems the writers went out of their way to show Harold and Amy close again with a strong foundation and Andy and Ephram continue being on shaky ground without a strong foundation that should have been cemented in S2 instead of what Ephram was up to instead.

Quote:
I was disappointed that we didn’t see much of Delia in this episode, but the focus of this episode was mostly on Ephram, and Ephram and Andy’s relationship, or lack of one. I thought it was sadly prophetic and telling when Andy told Harold: “I came to Everwood for one specific reason - to build a relationship with my son. It’s what Julia wanted and it’s what she knew I needed. And that was starting to happen. But now, it’s-it’s like I'm living in this time warp an-and all the progress that we’ve made over the last two years is just shot to hell. I mean, he won’t talk to me. I can’t talk to him. It’s like there-there’s this wall between us and I put it there the day I decided not to tell him that Madison was pregnant. I did that and I-I need to undo it before our relationship turns into...” Andy was absolutely right that hiding Madison’s pregnancy had put up a wall between him and Ephram, and his continuing to hide the truth from Ephram would have disastrous consequences not just for him and Ephram, but for Amy as well, who ironically Harold was trying to protect by advising Andy not to tell Ephram about Madison’s pregnancy.
Such great points, Jerry. I totally forgot how many people along the way even instructed Andy to keep the pregnancy from Ephram. Both Harold and Edna did. Edna admits in so many words he should have told him from day one but since he did not go there, she was all for Andy letting it be. Harold pretty much said the same thing in 3.1 then emphasized it even more in 3.2. It is very interesting. I wonder what Linda, Gretchen, or even Reverend Keyes might have suggested.

Quote:
I was amused seeing Harold sneeringly talk down to Jake like he used to talk down to Andy, as he saw Jake as a rival just like he used to see Andy as a rival, but I really admired the way that Harold helped Jake with one of his patients, even though Jake was trying his best to take all of Andy and Harold’s patients away from them, and I thought that scene really illustrated what a good doctor Harold is, and how he really cares for his patients underneath his pompous exterior, and I loved how Harold told Jake that their job was to heal and do good, and how important it was to get to know the patients (or as Jake ridiculously called them, clients) that they served. It was also funny seeing Harold try to interrupt Jake’s walk-a-thon and order his patients not to participate in it, but a lot of his rants about and toward Jake seemed like his rants against and toward Andy and Dr. Trott in Seasons One and Two, so I found Jake, and his presence on the show, to be totally unnecessary.
So true. It was nice seeing Harold win round 2 (the most meaningful round) with Jake. Jake manipulated him to get his father’s clinic in round 1 but round 2 Harold won the entire competition.

Quote:
Ephram and Amy’s interaction in this episode started out on a rough and hostile note as Ephram dropped some classes so he could spend some time with Amy, but Amy, not knowing that Ephram had done that, signed up for a bunch of extracurricular activities because she wasn’t sure if Ephram would be spending any time with her or if they were even together, and she wanted to be busy because she didn’t want to dwell on missing him, and their lack of communication caused a huge fight between them, as Ephram, disappointed because he had intended to surprise Amy by taking her to a concert only to find out that she was out with her friends, lashed out at her in school, and she responded in kind, which prompted a huge fight between them as angry words were exchanged and they broke up, but later they both realized how much they loved and needed each other and they made up in a really sweet way and they lovingly and publicly displayed the love and affection they had for each other as they came to an understanding about their relationship and they acknowledged that they needed to talk to one another and be honest with each other.
These two are so beautiful.

Quote:
The medical story in this episode tied into the overall theme of the damage that lies and deception can cause as Andy diagnosed his patient Dean with Chlamydia which he had contracted in Las Vegas, and Dean didn’t want his wife Mary to know that he had cheated on her, but when Andy told him that his wife might be infected too and that it could have dire consequences for her, he tried to get Andy to bring his wife in under false pretenses and test and treat her for this infection without telling her what she actually had, but when Mary came to see Andy, she saw through this ruse and said that she knew her husband was a philanderer but that she wasn’t ready to give up on her marriage even though their entire relationship was based on nothing but lies and deceptions, and I found her sad resignation to be so heartbreaking as she asked Andy not to tell Dean that she knew what he had done and that he had put her in a risky and dangerous position due to his philandering ways. I felt that this scene foretold what would happen when Ephram found out about Madison’s pregnancy and he also found out that Andy ordered her not to tell him, and in this episode, we were given another “tease” as it seemed like Andy was ready to come clean with Ephram about Madison’s pregnancy, but instead, after being talked out of telling Ephram the truth by Harold, (who I really thought gave the wrong advice to Andy) he confessed to Ephram in their final talk that he had yelled at the Julliard professor who had given him a bad evaluation. The old adage “oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive” not only applied to this episode, but to Season Three itself as Madisongate loomed over this season and all of these characters like a ticking time bomb.
That’s exactly right. Madisongate was not just a ticking time bomb for the fans. Madisongate was a ticking time bomb for the characters as well. The fans worried about it since the S2 finale. It is a haunting, slow destructive process the entire way through. It felt like having a wound and needing to take a Band-Aid off. Instead of ripping the Band-Aid off and feeling a pain initially that will immediately go away we had to endure taking the Band-Aid off in the slowest most annoying way possible as the pain was felt from start to finish.

Quote:
I liked how Andy talked to Nina and confided in her about Dean’s case, and I think that Nina, knowing first-hand about cheating, was right to tell Andy not to cover for Dean and allow him to deceive his wife.
Nina always gives such helpful advice.

Quote:
As always, Bright was a hoot, as he first told Rose that that he was unhappy with the situation he found himself in, and that he felt lost and frustrated having to go to Community College because in his mind it showed how much he had messed up his life as his dreams of going to Notre Dame on a football scholarship were dashed, but then she caught him hosting a big party at their house when he thought she’d be away! Rose was right to call him out on his deceptive behavior, and she was also right when she told Bright that he needed to start thinking about his future and start doing something about it, and Bright, feeling contrite, asked her for help and he told her that he would do what she advised him to do.
I didn’t like how Bright looked down on community college. Going to a community college for two years is a very popular route many people take advantage of because you save a lot of money that way and you still get to graduate from the college of your choice you transfer to.

Quote:
In this episode, we got to meet Hannah Rogers, who we learned was staying with Nina while her parents were traveling, and Nina asked Ephram (and by extension Amy) to show her around. In the one scene where Nina introduced her, Hannah came across as very shy, and at that point it wasn’t clear what role she would play in future episodes, but like Jake, she would soon play a major role on this show as Amy’s friend and confidante and as Bright’s girlfriend.
I remember so many people were fearful of Hannah joining a triangle with Ephram and Amy. Thankfully it never happened. Rina was fresh off of Dawson’s Creek (she wrote 4 episodes) so it wouldn’t have surprised me. Thankfully, it never took place because she focused on Hannah being a version of herself. Unfortunately, Greg Berlanti admitted he was going to play with Ephram and Hannah should a S5 have happened but it would have been short-lived. I don’t care if it would’ve lasted one episode, Bright would have beat up Ephram with one hand tied behind his back and Amy would have been devastated too. What a scary thought.

Quote:
I liked the final talk between Andy and Ephram as Ephram finally let his guard down and Andy told him that he missed him and he needed to be a part of his life and that he wanted Ephram to be a part of his life, but this heartfelt scene between them seemed so reminiscent of so many other heartfelt scenes between them in earlier episodes where they seemed to make a breakthrough in their relationship only to have that breakthrough forgotten in the next episode. In addition to that, this breakthrough was clouded by the knowledge that Andy was still hiding Madison’s pregnancy from Ephram, and all the progress that they made as father and son would be swept away in just a few months when they traveled to New York for his Julliard audition and they met up with Madison, and Ephram finally learned the truth.
Yes, I remember watching this episode for the first time realizing it was still all about pins and needles because the bomb was going to explode before the season concluded and we just had to sit back and wait for it. What a joke. What a frustrating, avoidable joke.

Quote:
Overall, I enjoyed this episode as it touched on what can happen when people don’t communicate and/or tell each other the truth, and it set the stage for the tragic and heartbreaking events that were to come.
As always, Everwood is hauntingly realistic with high quality sparks everywhere.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-11-2022 at 12:45 PM
Old 01-11-2022, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It was really a twist to have Andy not willing to perform an abortion and Harold be willing to perform one (due to the promise that he had made to his father) in Season One's Episode 20. I didn't expect that at all, and it would have made sense for Andy, who Harold called a “Commie Pinko,” in that episode (in an endearing way though) and who was from New York, where abortions are more commonplace and not subject to the draconian rules about abortion that states like Texas have, to be the one to perform an abortion.
I totally forgot Harold calling Andy a “Commie Pinko" in that episode. LOL.
Old 01-11-2022, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

True. The sports-angle I personally understood. I was an athlete and played both soccer and basketball all my life and would have played one or both in college if not for serious knee injuries towards the end of my career. So for me it wasn’t academics that prevented me from playing sports, it was actual serious knee injuries. The disappointment caused temporary situational depression even.

During his conversation with Rose he doesn’t mention sports, he mentions academics and being disappointed he didn’t get in because he worked his rear off senior year. I understood his disappointment though to go from a sports scholarship to not even a four year college but a stop first at a community college. But at the same time, I’m not necessarily sure he understood what a community college is all about. A community college is a stepping stone and actually in this day and age you can receive plenty of really good degrees simply by going to a community college. I know plenty of people with doctorate degrees that started out at a community college. I just don’t think he understood the concept and what it was all about and wish it would’ve been explained to him from the start.
Old 01-11-2022, 01:32 PM
Administrator

I went to a Catholic High School, and we had a Community College across the road from our high school, and the teachers at my high school used to talk sneeringly about that Community College like it was inferior to a regular college, which it wasn't at all. The name of the College was Bergen Community College and they would refer to it as Bergen Comedy College. My sister went to that Community College and then she graduated from it and went on to a State College, and she got her four year degree, (after getting her two year degree from the Community College) and she had nothing but good things to say about that Community College.

So my point is (in my usual long-winded way ) that maybe Bright's teachers might have put down Community College too, and I think that a lot of people may have misconceptions about Community Colleges.

Old 01-11-2022, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I went to a Catholic High School, and we had a Community College across the road from our high school, and the teachers at my high school used to talk sneeringly about that Community College like it was inferior to a regular college, which it wasn't at all. The name of the College was Bergen Community College and they would refer to it as Bergen Comedy College. My sister went to that Community College and then she graduated from it and went on to a State College, and she got her four year degree, (after getting her two year degree from the Community College) and she had nothing but good things to say about that Community College.

So my point is (in my usual long-winded way ) that maybe Bright's teachers might have put down Community College too, and I think that a lot of people may have misconceptions about Community Colleges.
Makes complete scene. Especially in the past.

Bright also had a very weird emotionally unstable advisor.

Nowadays you can literally become an RN nurse simply by going to a community college. It is completely different now.
Reply   Post New Thread