Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2022, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Yes, I did. We both liked him and early Frank Sinatra. I also like Judy Garland, Peggy Lee, and Ella Fitzgerald.

Quote:
It really was a perfect song for that episode.
This show is so good it even carefully picked out the music.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Great review Michelle, as always.
Right back at you!

Quote:
I also was elated to see Amy pick up Ephram at the airport, but I sensed right away that something was off with him.
I hate that there was instant drama in this episode. Rina is the writer... maybe she was in Dawson's Creek mode? LOL.

Quote:
Yes, I missed Irv's narrations and how they would set the tone for the episode, as it would follow the theme that he established in his opening narration. Still though, it was nice seeing the multiple perspectives as Andy, Amy, Bright, and Delia wrote Ephram.
Exactly. I wonder why they decided to go away from the narrations mid-series.

Quote:
I loved all that too, but it seemed out of character for Delia to burn her baseball caps and start wearing dresses. I mostly attribute that to Britney's influence, and like I said in my review, I was sad that they were friends again because I think that Britney is a horrible person, mostly due to who her parents were. Peer pressure is very strong at that age though, so I attribute Delia's sudden change to that.
Yes, to all of this. Plus, it was only 8 weeks time! Ephram was gone for 8 weeks. So for her to start burning those classic baseball caps so soon was sad. Oh yes, her stupid friend definitely once again was strong in influence. I wish Delia would have remembered the part she played with Linda. She is a terrible friend, always has been.

Quote:
I loved that scene too, but I did sense that something was off about Ephram.
Yes.

Quote:
When I watched this episode the first time I did feel that Ephram knew about Madison's pregnancy, but obviously this time around I knew that wasn't the case, but there was an air of tension that hung between Ephram and Andy.
Yes, that's precisely what they wanted us to think. When you think about it, that's audience manipulation at its finest. They knew Madisongate was blowing up around the last third of S3 so why on earth would they toy with it so quickly in the premiere? Yes, drama, ratings, all played a part. But respect the audience please and give us one episode showing some peace and happiness for Ephram and Amy because we waited two whole years for this moment.

Quote:
I completely agree. Like I said above, I attributed her change to peer pressure. What were you like at that age Michelle? I know that you were really into sports and that you were an excellent athlete, but did you ever go through the type of change that Delia did? I'm thinking not, so do you think that her changing so drastically was realistic?
I never had her horrible friend in my life so zero peer pressure took place. I had two sets of friends... my jock friends and childhood friends. Both sets of friends either dressed like me or knew me so well they would have been disappointed if I changed my sporty clothes and tomboyish ways.

As for Delia... I think you hit it square on... it was realistic only because of her horrible friend, Brittany Clark, who once again took the role of controlling Delia overall. So it does make sense Delia would want to please Brittany and turn more girly because that was what Brittany was into and wanted the same for Delia.

Quote:
I do feel that Andy had the best intentions in mind when he built that studio for Ephram. I do feel that Ephram did overreact to his "poor showing" in the Julliard Summer program though. He had been through a lot in the last few years and in the months prior to his getting accepted into the Julliard Summer Program, so it was totally understandable why he wasn't at his best when he was in that program. Still though, all of Ephram's hopes and dreams centered around getting accepted into Julliard full-time and becoming a concert pianist, so he was crushed when things didn't go the way he thought they would or hoped they would, so given his age and his temperament, I can understand why he acted the way that he did to a point, but I still didn't like how he behaved in this episode.

I liked how Harold showed how grateful he was for Andy offering him a partnership, and I hated how Andy lashed out at him because of the letter that he received from Madison. I also don't think that Andy should have told Harold that Ephram got Madison pregnant considering that Ephram was dating his daughter, and that knowledge on Harold's part would later have dire consequences when he told Amy about Madison's pregnancy and Ephram found out that Amy knew before he did.

Quote:
I really didn't like how Ephram acted in this episode at all. I could understand that he was upset about the evaluation that he received from Julliard, but he had no right to take it out on the people that were closest to him.

It definitely was so frustrating and Amy didn't deserve to be treated like that by Ephram. Not at all.
Exactly right.

Quote:
Yes, Jake definitely overstayed his welcome and my view of him in this episode is clouded by my knowing what will be coming. I do feel that he played Harold like a fiddle in this episode, complimenting him just so he'd lease his office to him.
He really did. Did he even know his father? I wasn't sure if he simply researched Everwood and knew or did his father truly know his father?

Quote:
I really hated seeing that too, and Ephram was lucky that Amy didn't kick his butt to the curb for doing that.

Quote:
Thanks! I agree with everything that you said too.

Like I said above, I feel that Jake was totally playing Harold and he had no genuine interest in Harold and the stories he told about his father.

Like I've said many times, it's always one step forward and two steps backward with Ephram and Andy, and I feel that Ephram didn't really grow up until Season Four when he started tutoring and mentoring Kyle.
100%.

Quote:
I loved that scene, but I still feel that Andy shouldn't have told Harold about Madison's pregnancy as it put Harold in an uncomfortable position as Amy was dating Ephram. I also completely agree, that if anyone was the "victim" in the Madisongate debacle, it was Amy. She had to live with the knowledge that the boy she loved had gotten another girl pregnant, and she couldn't tell him she knew because she wanted to protect him and make sure that he didn't blow his audition, but then when he found out that she knew before he did, he lashed out at her and he broke up with her and broke her heart for no good reason because she did nothing wrong and she was the only innocent party in all this.

Amy never gets to express how she's feeling about all of this when she finds out and I hate it. She is a victim, one that is never acknowledged as one directly on the screen which I think is ridiculous. If you're remotely paying attention though you can come to that conclusion.

I completely agree Andy never should have put Harold in this position to begin with. I wonder if Andy was thinking about this ahead of time. It is one thing for Edna to find out, they worked together during that time period and it just made sense. But for Andy to tell Harold was huge. I guess it's possible Andy told Harold because he kept Amy's birth control from him. Maybe that is why Andy thought telling Harold about Ephram getting Madison pregnant WAS important since it could potentially involve Amy in the future?

Quote:
I loved seeing how much Nina was part of Andy's family in this episode, and how her and Andy were just perfect together.
Yes, I loved it. Such a perfect slow burn.

Quote:
I felt that Ephram was throwing away his own happiness with two hands in that scene. Okay, he had done badly at Julliard, but why shut out the girl you love and who you had waited to be with for so long? I just don't understand Ephram sometimes.
All the more, he should have been eager to start his romantic relationship with Amy. It doesn't make any sense, his reaction.

Quote:
Exactly, and like I said, this season started out with a cloud hanging over it that was due to burst.
Exactly.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-05-2022 at 10:15 AM
Old 01-05-2022, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everwoodlover (View Post)
It really burns me that Linda only got one season but Jake got two.
I don’t understand why it was two seasons. Was it always meant to be two or maybe added it on thinking they still needed him to get Andy and Nina together? Dumb thinking if they felt they needed him for this but I don’t understand why he was necessary for two whole seasons. Linda was rushed out the door and she was connected to the Abbott’s. She had every reason to stay but I guess Marcia having another project played a part. Still, the character of Linda had story left to tell compared to Jake. He was an obstacle basically and to give Nina a relationship after her divorce and before Andy. Still, one season only and out would have been sufficient.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Well, the episode started out well.. lol.
Such a Capricorn dry-witted, realistic thing to say. I can relate.

Quote:
The E/A pictures were adorable but I am a little sad they completely skipped over all the summer stuff with them. We missed out on a lot of their first time couple moments. A montage of scenes would have been cute but oh well.
Yes, 100%. I completely agree. 3.1 should have been spent on Ephram and Amy happy, in love, and the audience witnessing their time in NYC together. We deserved this after waiting two whole years for them to be a romantic couple. I dislike we had to jump immediately into piano and Madison drama. It just doesn't feel fair at all.

Quote:
I did love the scene with Ephram/Amy when they first saw each other. Their kiss was so... deep? and intimate. It really felt like the actors were comfortable with each other which was so nice to see, they felt so natural compared to all the other ephram/amy pairings we've had. They just fit. The scene with them cuddling on the couch was FREAKING ADORABLE. sfdsfsdfsdfdsfs. I also loved Bright kind of third wheeling. That trip is s great.
All of it was so great. The chemistry and believability of this pairing creates such sparks and energetic bliss for those loving this pairing.

Quote:
Ephram looks so old! The sideburns are a no but I am okay with his longer hair, I thnk it suits him better than the spiked lol.
I despised the sideburns as well! I also prefer the longer hair! I think we are in the minority with this. So many liked the spiked hair. Nope, longer hair all the way!

Quote:
Amy was exactly right that Ephram was acting weird. I felt bad when she saw him ignore the call and the ending... noooooo I do get where Ephram is coming from. Piano is his life and he wants to focus his career on it. If he wants to get better then he does need to dedicate so much time to it. And he wont have time for a g/f and friends and all that stuff if hes trying to focus. But I guess, its up to him to decide if its worth it? Either he can ignore the advice and pursue his dream but at a different school OR he needs to let the dream go and find soemthing else that will bring him happiness. I dont think its fair to have to not make time for the people you care about. I thought Amy's response was perfect. Clearly he just needs time to sort things in his brain.
Wow, I love your analysis here. 100% bang on intellectually accurate.

Quote:
I liked Delia's new look. Too bad Ephram was so rude to her. Good for her standing up for herself and telling him he can't treat her that way. She was right in what she was saying and his apology was so weak.
I was so happy seeing Delia sticking up for herself. His apology was terrible. He seemed more annoyed after he gave the apology. I did like that the horse was brought up though. Forgot to mention this. Delia and horses go together as we see later on in the series.

Quote:
The studio room was great but Andy was clearly trying to make up for the madison crap. I was kinda hoping to just be away from that for a bit. The ONLY right thing to do right now is tell Ephram about it. That's the only thing that would "fix" it. Ephram would still be angry with his dad for keeping the secret but he might be able to understand since its before the baby is born.
Yes, honestly, I wanted Andy to tell Ephram in this episode. First off, he doesn't have to be the villain. Secondly, Ephram was home from NYC which is what Andy wanted to get him through in the first place. Andy just could have said he waited until he returned to tell him and by then they'd know what decision Madison made. It was her decision anyway, her body, so Ephram couldn't have thrown a fit on if he was involved with the decision from day 1. No, it was always Madison's choice. Plus, since he's a minor there's no way on the planet Madison would have considered raising the baby jointly with Ephram as a family. He would have been there as support only. But it was always her choice. She is the one pregnant, her body, she has all the power, it is her choice. So Andy just should have told Ephram the truth once he got home. Yes, it would have messed with Ephram and Amy for a while but they were already temporarily messed up due to his piano right now as is. Andy should have told him then.

Quote:
Madison is an idiot, I'm sorry. But she went to Andy. She made that decision to begin with. But she can fix it by telling Ephram now, and she should! He has a right to be a father ot his baby. Just leaving and not even telling him her decision is so awful and making it impossible for Ephram to contact her too? Nope, hate that so much.
Madison is an idiot! At the end of the day, she never listened to Andy all this time and he was never holding a gun to her head. Ever. Why now would she think Andy was preventing her from telling Ephram? BS. She made all of these decisions, period, not Andy. Even when Andy was told by Mindy she told Madison to tell Ephram it is not like Andy went crazy with anger or tried stopping it. Andy was passive thinking if she told him, she told him. Andy was never forcing Madison not to tell Ephram. Ever. She could have told him at any moment. She choice not to. Well, I take that back, to stick it to Andy in NYC she finally told Ephram at the worst possible moment for him.

But Madison controlled all of this, not Andy.

Quote:
Jake... meh. He seems nice but he kinda swindled Harold into that deal. And I am not looking forward to all the drama that comes with him. Someone remind me, is he on the show all through season 4? I cant remember.
We will see him in the series finale so two years straight.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I loved seeing that it was Amy who picked up Ephram at the airport, and I loved seeing their loving embrace
Beautiful embrace. One of the few outwardly affectionate moments between those two. Amy looked so beautiful in this scene!

Quote:
You could tell that Andy was irritated with the way that Harold was renovating their office, but he initially hid his displeasure as a letter he received from Madison troubled him, as she returned the checks that he sent her and she told him that she never should have come to him and not contact her anymore as Andy agonized over the decision that he had made, a decision that he still kept from Ephram.
I do have to agree with Madison that she should not have gone to Andy about the pregnancy.

Quote:
I liked the advice that Edna gave Andy and she was right when she said that keeping this secret from Ephram was killing him, and that he had to respect Madison’s wishes and let her go.
Edna is gruff, but her advice is usually right on.

Quote:
I hated seeing Ephram, who was harboring his own troubling secret, treat Delia so horribly, yelling at her and throwing her out of his room, and he had no right to treat his sister that way. I also didn’t like how he seemed so distant from Amy as she excitedly talked about all the things they’d be doing together, but his mind was somewhere else, and just like his father, he turned inward and kept what was bothering him to himself.
I miss the Season 1 Ephram/Delia relationship. Season 3 was the beginning of the deterioration of it. So sad.

Quote:
I liked how Amy sensed that something wasn’t quite right with Ephram as she expressed her concerns to Bright, who dismissed them, clueless as ever, and she also expressed her concerns to Andy, who was in no mood at that point to talk to her.
Poor Bright. He always has to be the middle man...giving romantic advice to either Ephram or Amy! All he wants to do is shoot hoops.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediseermic (View Post)
^^^

Jerry, I had no idea that's where the song originated! I love this song so much. Thank you for sharing this bit of information. Listening now!
ol:
That's because you are a baby!! Great song.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That's because you are a baby!! Great song.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You said that so perfectly as always! I got choked up watching that scene. Ephram and Amy really were the perfect couple.

Side note: The Only Living Boy in New York was originally a Simon and Garfunkle song. Here is their version of it:

I keep listening to it. The bridge is angelic in sound. Wow. His voice in general sounds like an instrument. PERFECTION.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thoughts while watching

- Strong introduction. I love seeing Ephram pounding on the piano.
Love it, too. There wasn't enough piano in the series.
Quote:
- I really wish we would have seen Ephram/Amy and their time in NYC. It would have been great seeing their time together.
That would have been awesome!
Quote:
- Of course Harold is intense as he adjusts to his new office environment.
Of course! Otherwise, how would we get some Harold/Andy comic relief! A huge factor in this series.

-
Quote:
At least we got some pictures of Ephram/Amy in NYC.

- Ephram’s grin as he looks at the pictures and communication with Amy is pure gold.
I guess this was all before he got his evaluation letter.

-
Quote:
Ephram focusing on piano, Amy on summer school and Bright on how many baskets he makes in a row is so Bright. Cute that even Bright writes Ephram a letter.
I am so glad that Bright had a good summer and seems happy with his life. Poor guy had many let downs.
Quote:
- Ephram and Amy’s kiss with that particular song playing is one of my favorite Ephram and Amy scenes of the series. I. Love. This. Moment. Emily looks amazing, Greg as well, and it’s not just the smiles and wave, or even the hot romantic kiss but the hug! It’s all about that hug which shows how deeply romantic and unstoppable this emotionally romantic, spiritual pairing truly is.
A really beautiful/hot scene. You know I loved it!
Quote:
- Nina coming right in with Sam was so perfect, minus Sam going after something with sugar to drink, lol.
I just don't like the way that Andy orders Nina around like she's one of the household help. "You are taking Delia to Brittany's."

Quote:
- Ephram's new studio is so cool.
It was really awesome. The best that money could buy.

-
Quote:
Ephram looks so miserable, why doesn't he just tell Andy right now why he's upset?
It's interesting that Andy thought that Madison had called Ephram about the pregnancy and that's why Ephram was acting this way. Andy just wasn't sure.

Quote:
- Andy gave Nina a key.
Kind of like I gave my cleaning lady. I just wish the key was for romantic reasons.

- Ed
Quote:
na calling Harold "idiot offspring" is hilarious.
It's funny yet sad. I don't like the way that she treats him.

Quote:
- Wow Ephram, could you be more cruel to your sister? Delia is right, he sucks. This rewatch I have seen more and more what those anti-Ephram people were saying. Honestly, if I didn't love Ephram/Amy I do think I would borderline dislike Ephram at times. He can be so self-centered and doesn't care about anyone else. He treated Delia like garbage last season due to his Madison infatuation and now has been gone two months and he's threatening to put a lock on the door and kicking her out of his room? What a massive prick.
Delia has more sense in her pinky than Ephram has in his entire body. I'm glad she told him off.

Quote:
- The Jake introduction is really funny actually. Harold is so easily manipulated. Jake and those dimples I think even Harold noticed.
He really does have nice dimples, but the teeth have to go!

Quote:
- Emily looks beautiful in the yellow dress.
She really looks beautiful in everything!!
Quote:
- How horrible that Amy called Ephram and he never picked up. Right in front of Rose he pulls this too. Wow, that was so rude, Ephram. You would have drooled over Madison calling you and now your true love does and this is the treatment she gets?
That was heartbreaking. I couldn't even watch!

Quote:
- Harold not knowing Jake is an MD showing him around is so funny.
Does the town really need 3 doctors??

I could not get over how much older Ephram looked this episode. I liked his hair, but I know it's going to go downhill after this. LOl
I don't understand why a bad review means one must break up with a girlfriend. I know Ephram will need to practice more, but why doesn't he just ask Amy if she's willing to handle that? I'm sure she would. Ephram seems to make decisions for everyone!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 01-05-2022 at 11:39 AM
Old 01-05-2022, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I don’t understand why it was two seasons. Was it always meant to be two or maybe added it on thinking they still needed him to get Andy and Nina together? Dumb thinking if they felt they needed him for this but I don’t understand why he was necessary for two whole seasons. Linda was rushed out the door and she was connected to the Abbott’s. She had every reason to stay but I guess Marcia having another project played a part. Still, the character of Linda had story left to tell compared to Jake. He was an obstacle basically and to give Nina a relationship after her divorce and before Andy. Still, one season only and out would have been sufficient.
Well, Marcia got Desperate Housewives right after her time on Everwood ended, so I would imagine that she was in negotiation for that show while she was filming Everwood, so if they ever had plans for Linda to stay more than one season, those plans would have been out due to her new show, which, let's face it, was a prime-time show on a major network and it ended up being a very successful show, so I can't blame her at all for leaving Everwood after the one season she was on. They set things up so Linda didn't really have a choice but to leave because her and Harold lost their practice and before that the idiot townspeople only agreed not to sue if she left their practice.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everwoodlover (View Post)
Ah I wasn't aware Marcia had another project going on, it really sucks to see good supporting characters have to leave a show because their actor gets another role, that also happened with Jake having to leave One Tree Hill after his actor got offered a role by George Clooney(us Jeyton fans got robbed damnnit!)
Yes it happens quite often unfortunately. I loved a Supergirl pairing and one of the actresses left for another project which was disappointing as a shipper.

We don’t know for sure the situation with Marcia but it does seem like it was always going to be only S2. Like Jerry said, Desperate Housewives she was in negotiations so putting it together this was probably in the works for a while. In addition, just based on how the Linda storyline was created from the start with the HIV positive diagnosis it was probably always meant to be one year. Back then, HIV was a more scary diagnosis. Now it’s like diabetes overall… you take medication you prevent a bad outcome.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Well, Marcia got Desperate Housewives right after her time on Everwood ended, so I would imagine that she was in negotiation for that show while she was filming Everwood, so if they ever had plans for Linda to stay more than one season, those plans would have been out due to her new show, which, let's face it, was a prime-time show on a major network and it ended up being a very successful show, so I can't blame her at all for leaving Everwood after the one season she was on. They set things up so Linda didn't really have a choice but to leave because her and Harold lost their practice and before that the idiot townspeople only agreed not to sue if she left their practice.
^^^ Exactly, Jerry. I remember being shocked they even got Marcia in the first place.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Love it, too. There wasn't enough piano in the series.
Right? There really wasn't. I think S2 is where they really blew it. While Amy battled her depression Ephram should have been pounding on that piano the entire season.

Quote:
That would have been awesome!

Of course! Otherwise, how would we get some Harold/Andy comic relief! A huge factor in this series.
Indeed.

Quote:
-
I guess this was all before he got his evaluation letter.

-
I am so glad that Bright had a good summer and seems happy with his life. Poor guy had many let downs.
Absolutely. It was nice to see.

Quote:
A really beautiful/hot scene. You know I loved it!

Quote:
I just don't like the way that Andy orders Nina around like she's one of the household help. "You are taking Delia to Brittany's."
Wow, that's an excellent point. I don't like that either. I wonder if it was the writers way of showing what a unit they were but at the same time, you are obviously correct, it does sound like he's ordering her around.

Quote:
It was really awesome. The best that money could buy.

-
It's interesting that Andy thought that Madison had called Ephram about the pregnancy and that's why Ephram was acting this way. Andy just wasn't sure.
Exactly. Which I found interesting since Andy was rather passive about it. He wasn't trying to control the situation. If he knew, he knew.

Quote:
Kind of like I gave my cleaning lady. I just wish the key was for romantic reasons.
Yes, exactly.

Quote:
- Ed
It's funny yet sad. I don't like the way that she treats him.

Delia has more sense in her pinky than Ephram has in his entire body. I'm glad she told him off.

Quote:
He really does have nice dimples, but the teeth have to go!
He is a good looking man, or I think so, my version if you know what I mean. But yes, the teeth.

Quote:
She really looks beautiful in everything!!
100%.

Quote:
That was heartbreaking. I couldn't even watch!

Quote:
Does the town really need 3 doctors??
Nope, it does not.

Quote:
I could not get over how much older Ephram looked this episode. I liked his hair, but I know it's going to go downhill after this. LOl

Quote:
I don't understand why a bad review means one must break up with a girlfriend. I know Ephram will need to practice more, but why doesn't he just ask Amy if she's willing to handle that? I'm sure she would. Ephram seems to make decisions for everyone!
I don't get it either... I just don't get it. I think Rina went out of character with Ephram for dramatic purposes.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-05-2022 at 04:23 PM
Old 01-05-2022, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't get it either... I just don't get it. I think Rina went out of character with Ephram for dramatic purposes.
That's the thing. I could see Ephram being disappointed because his Summer Session at Julliard didn't go well, but it was totally out of character for him to shut Amy out and consider breaking up with her. This was the season that Rina was mostly in charge, correct? That explains it then.

I said this a long time ago about the show that shall not be named here (at least on these Everwood related threads) but breaking up couples and creating unnecessary conflict between the characters does not constitute good drama, and Madisongate really hurt this show overall and it detracted from what otherwise was a perfect show.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's the thing. I could see Ephram being disappointed because his Summer Session at Julliard didn't go well, but it was totally out of character for him to shut Amy out and consider breaking up with her. This was the season that Rina was mostly in charge, correct? That explains it then.
Yes, indeed. Rina S3 was like Stupin S3. Of course Everwood was a million times higher quality but Rina was the showrunner for S3. Berlanti stepped away for a bit but returned S4 and was at least in the know concerning S3 but she was given the keys in S3.

A lot of fans blamed lack of Ephram/Amy romantic scenes and Hannah all over the screen due to Rina obsessed with Hannah since Hannah was based on her own self in high school. So many thought she pushed Ephram/Amy (who was Berlanti’s baby) aside and focused more on her own creation aka Hannah. She even said she crushed on Bright types. Maybe even the dumb Madison band lie was all on her too.

Quote:
I said this a long time ago about the show that shall not be named here (at least on these Everwood related threads) but breaking up couples and creating unnecessary conflict between the characters does not constitute good drama, and Madisongate really hurt this show overall and it detracted from what otherwise was a perfect show.
Well said.
Reply   Post New Thread