Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2021, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Blind Faith
Just coming here to give that answer as well.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Blind Faith is one of my favorite episodes of the entire series. Ephram/Amy were dynamic in this one. Their fight in this episode needed to happen. Every scene they had in this one was a set up for the bigger picture. The dance they had together about melted me. The scorching chemistry between Greg/Emily was so thick I felt like I had to wipe my eyes from the fog known as intensity. Only Everwood could create an episode like this one that on one hand in the near future, was heartbreaking for Ephram/Amy, yet on the other hand, basically all but admitted they were endgame. Seriously, it was both tear-jerking and joyous all rolled up into one. I loved it.

The Ephram/Madison kiss at the end sucked… I developed the biggest lump in my throat while viewing that mess, let alone Amy seeing it. I couldn't believe that Berlanti was actually going there. I saw the signs such as Delia basically being abandoned at times due to the weird flirty crap between Ephram/Madison while Madison was supposedly working. But I still never thought it'd go this far. Once this episode happened, I knew Berlanti was going there and it wasn't a fun reality. Little did I know that she'd haunt the series until the very end and would have continued had we been given a S5.

At any rate, this episode rocked because of Ephram/Amy and the meaning behind where they were going when the timing was right. We hear Amy discuss timing during their classic mountain picnic scene later on.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)
Just coming here to give that answer as well.
That episode was jam packed with stuff....good and bad.

Amy's feelings for Ephram were evident. Bright's feelings for Ephram were evident. Turning point in Amy/Ephram's relationship due to bad timing. Andy's interest in Linda was evident. Madison!!!!

THis is also one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That episode was jam packed with stuff....good and bad.

Amy's feelings for Ephram were evident. Bright's feelings for Ephram were evident. Turning point in Amy/Ephram's relationship due to bad timing. Andy's interest in Linda was evident. Madison!!!!
Excellent summary!

The dance floor seeing EA and AN together also showed the future pairings. I almost feel like this was a gift from Greg Berlanti to the fandom. He gave us this to show the future, the two future pairings, Bright and his role as a good supportive friend to Ephram, decent brother to Amy, his new maturity. We see a glimpse of the future but not before enduring some tough future times with pairings not meant to be and Ephram/Amy not physically around each other much until the end of S2 big payoff.

Berlanti showed us the future while also saying tough times ahead until then.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

Blind Faith is def. the best of the season so far, I also really enjoyed the season 2 premiere.

I thought this was a decent episode. Wish we had more of Nina tho...

208:

Linda/Andy are okay. Kinda boring to me. I do get her hesitations with getting involved. Glad she told her mom too about her disease finally. Poor Edna crying over her daughter, that was sad, but a good scene.

Dude Amy is feeling so down, like why the hell can’t Harold just freaking listen to her??? Its starting to piss me off. The way he speaks to her is just uncalled for and annoying. Im glad he signed for the pills FINALLY! Not the best way to go about it but oh well. Saying he was disappointed she was taking them was so weird to me. He's way too worked up over this imo.

The whole Madison SL was so lame. We dont care Madison did a great job rejecting him but then she goes and lets him kiss her like what???

I really dont get what the show was trying to do? Did they find the stoyline sexy or was it supposed to be wrong? lol. Cuz the actors dont look too far apart in age so it feels like they are trying to make it sexy. i think it would be less weird if Ephram was 18 or something when they did this SL but hes 16??? Like, thats so icky. She's quite a bit older. Ughhhhhh.

I mean it doesn't matter how much she likes him or is crushing on him, she simply needs to back off.

(can i say, ephrams speech was hella cute but mistplaced. The reasons were so valid so whyyyy push it god lol)

Delia glaring was too much glaring at Andy in the window. Child chill.

Top 5: This one was SO hard beacuse I didnt love anyone in this episode tbh.
1. Linda
2. Amy (even though she was very out of it I found her SL interesting)
3. Ephram
4. Andy
5. ??? I guess Linda or Rose? idk.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Blind Faith is def. the best of the season so far, I also really enjoyed the season 2 premiere.
With you. When I said Blind Faith immediately was thinking 2.1 was second. Absolutely.

Quote:
I thought this was a decent episode. Wish we had more of Nina tho...
Agreed. Nina was noticeably absent. I wonder if it was due to Andy/Linda. Shouldn’t have to be the reasoning though.

Quote:
208:

Linda/Andy are okay. Kinda boring to me. I do get her hesitations with getting involved. Glad she told her mom too about her disease finally. Poor Edna crying over her daughter, that was sad, but a good scene.
Linda/Andy don’t have a sizzling connection. Completely agree. I feel way more intensity between Andy and Nina which is why I love them. For me I think Treat and Marcia have good chemistry just due to their talent alone which makes me interested in Andy/Linda. I like that both are intelligent characters. I can hear both thinking. Could be the Capricorn in me but I’m impressed by their success and intelligence. Sounds dumb I know.

But yes, I think it’s the actors and the intelligence and capability of both characters. To me they seem more like good friends with a romantic attraction. Andy/Nina have a foundation of friendship but from practically day 1 felt their romantic chemistry.

So for me, I ship Andy/Nina and feel much more for them. With Andy/Linda I like that I can appreciate their short-term interaction and don’t hate them like Ephram/Madison. That, to me, is success.

Quote:
Dude Amy is feeling so down, like why the hell can’t Harold just freaking listen to her??? Its starting to piss me off. The way he speaks to her is just uncalled for and annoying. Im glad he signed for the pills FINALLY! Not the best way to go about it but oh well. Saying he was disappointed she was taking them was so weird to me. He's way too worked up over this imo.
Yes, yes, and more yes. I hate it. I love Harold but wanted to punch him repeatedly during his scenes with Amy in this episode. I just don’t understand why he’s so rigid. I could somewhat understand it if he wasn’t a physician. Dude understands antidepressants and depression overall. It’s not like he doesn’t have a clue. He understands she could easily go on them short-term and it would help her without any bad effects in the long-term. I will forever be blown away by his ignorance and rigidity during this storyline.

Quote:
The whole Madison SL was so lame. We dont care Madison did a great job rejecting him but then she goes and lets him kiss her like what???
This bothers me the most. It would be one thing if she was immature, stupid, clueless, and truly didn’t understand how wrong the situation is getting involved with him. But she gets it! She vocalized it perfectly how wrong they are and shouldn’t be going there. Yet two seconds later she allows him to kiss her? It is so so annoying. It makes the situation even more ridiculous.

Quote:
I really dont get what the show was trying to do? Did they find the stoyline sexy or was it supposed to be wrong? lol. Cuz the actors dont look too far apart in age so it feels like they are trying to make it sexy. i think it would be less weird if Ephram was 18 or something when they did this SL but hes 16??? Like, thats so icky. She's quite a bit older. Ughhhhhh.
100%! If he was 18 I’d be perfectly fine. He’s 16. That’s so young. A guy does not mature as quickly as a girl. A guy at 16 acts 14 quite often in this area. He’s too young. We know this based on how Ephram acts throughout this entire storyline. Way too young. Has nothing to do with their age difference. It’s not a large difference. Has everything to do with Ephram being 16. It’s gross.

I do think Berlanti was going for it being forbidden and wrong or else the relationship wouldn’t be painted in such a bad light constantly. We later see how embarrassed Madison is being with him out in public and there’s even a comment later about the legality of the situation.

It is such a tough thing to watch, especially since she ends up pregnant.

Quote:
I mean it doesn't matter how much she likes him or is crushing on him, she simply needs to back off.

Quote:
(can i say, ephrams speech was hella cute but mistplaced. The reasons were so valid so whyyyy push it god lol)
Agreed.

I keep having to remind myself of the mountain speech he gives Amy… the “You’re it” speech. I’ll take it over this one just because it was EA and not EM.

Quote:
Delia glaring was too much glaring at Andy in the window. Child chill.
She looked borderline evil.

Quote:
Top 5: This one was SO hard beacuse I didnt love anyone in this episode tbh.
1. Linda
2. Amy (even though she was very out of it I found her SL interesting)
3. Ephram
4. Andy
5. ??? I guess Linda or Rose? idk.

Like it.

I’d include Edna in there as well, maybe at 3.

Glad Harold’s not in there. Sorry, Harold, you’re sitting this one out.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:44 PM
Administrator

One quick comment as I'm watching this episode:

My ears are bleeding from hearing Madison sing! She's awful! She makes Katie Holmes sound like Adele!

I think I deserve hazardous pay for having to watch Madison!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
One quick comment as I'm watching this episode:

My ears are bleeding from hearing Madison sing! She's awful! She makes Katie Holmes sound like Adele!
I can’t stop laughing.

Quote:
I think I deserve hazardous pay for having to watch Madison!
Old 08-31-2021, 07:18 PM
Administrator

I found this episode to be rather lackluster in comparison to the last episode, as it followed a theme about what a burden the truth can be. We saw that theme manifest itself as we met a mechanic named Phil who sold a reluctant Ephram a car that he really didn’t like at Andy’s insistence, who felt burdened by a psychic ability that he had, and we saw that Linda Abbott was harboring a secret that in that particular time was seen as a death sentence as her feelings for Andy Brown became more and more prominent.

I didn’t like how Andy basically forced Ephram to get a car that he didn’t really like and he once again refused to listen to him, but Ephram seemed comforted a bit when Phil told him that a girl he liked would like the car. I never heard the term clairaudient before this episode as Phil told Andy what his gift (or burden) was, and it was interesting to see Phil’s predictions play out in this episode.

It was so sad to see Amy in this episode fully in the throes of her situational depression, as she couldn’t bring herself to go to school as she lingered in the parking lot and watched the students happily file in to their classes, and her situation escalated as she forged a prescription after she stole a prescription blank from Linda, who was trying to help her using meditation, and Harold and her harshly lashed out at each other when he discovered what she had done, and at that point, Amy truly was lost and despondent, but Harold’s stubborn pride and his refusal to see how sick Amy was furthered a growing rift between them as they both said some really hurtful things to each other. It was so heartbreaking to see Amy tell Linda that she wanted to feel nothing in their meditation session, and Emily VanCamp did an incredible job in depicting how deeply depressed Amy was.

There is one word that perfectly described what went on in every interaction that Ephram and Madison had in this episode: creepy. I hated every scene that they were in, as Madison vacillated with her conflicting feelings about a 16 year old boy that she shouldn’t have ever thought about in a romantic way. One minute she was making moon eyes at him as he helped her with her music, and the next minute she was talking down to him and calling his feelings for her a crush. One minute, Ephram and Madison are bickering in front of a clueless Andy and a prescient Delia, who saw what was going on, as she saw through Ephram’s offer to help Madison with her band, and the next minute, they’re kissing by his car, which, fulfilling Phil’s prediction, she said that she liked. It was creepy seeing Ephram get so upset when Madison kissed Jay, her angry and moody band member/boyfriend, because he had no right to be so upset because Madison wasn’t, and should have never been, his girlfriend. I was really revolted watching every single scene that they were in and watching all of their scenes together again just reinforces how wrong they were for each other. I also am bleeding from my ears as I was forced to her Madison’s God-awful caterwauling that the writers tried to pass off as “singing.” Madison should have listened to her own advice when she said that some maturity comes with time and she never should have led Ephram on like she did.

We saw Andy and Linda’s relationship progress as Edna, playing matchmaker, encouraged both of them to express their feelings for one another and act on those feelings, and Andy did just that as he helped Linda move. I liked the scene where Andy and Linda talked and she revealed the things that were special to her, and she told Andy that he was a kind man, but when Andy went to kiss her, she turned away from him. We then found out that Linda hesitated in expressing her reciprocal feelings toward Andy because she was harboring a secret that she tearfully revealed to Edna: that she had HIV, a disease that was still viewed as a death sentence at the time that Everwood aired, and that diagnosis would have far-reaching consequences not just for Andy and Linda, but for her entire family.

I liked Andy’s conversation with Phil, and I thought that Phil was right when she said that he felt burdened by his gift of telling people the truth, because people don’t really want the truth, and that they just wanted good news. I thought it was funny that Andy told Phil to predict an avalanche instead of a flood the next time.

I liked seeing Andy’s honesty with Linda as he expressed his feelings to her, but then he saw Delia’s death stare in his rear-view mirror as Phil’s predication about a broken promise was coming true.

Overall, this was one of the weaker episodes of the show for me, as two relationships, one that I liked and one that I truly hated, progressed and set the tone for future episodes.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-31-2021, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensports (View Post)
I can’t stop laughing.
When I was watching the episode, Teresa walked by when Madison was singing and she said "Who's that singing? She's awful!"

Quote:
The sacrifices that I make for this board!

Old 08-31-2021, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
When I was watching the episode, Teresa walked by when Madison was singing and she said "Who's that singing? She's awful!"
Again, I can’t stop laughing.

Did she ever comment on Katie Holmes with a microphone?

Quote:
The sacrifices that I make for this board!
Old 08-31-2021, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I found this episode to be rather lackluster in comparison to the last episode, as it followed a theme about what a burden the truth can be. We saw that theme manifest itself as we met a mechanic named Phil who sold a reluctant Ephram a car that he really didn’t like at Andy’s insistence, who felt burdened by a psychic ability that he had, and we saw that Linda Abbott was harboring a secret that in that particular time was seen as a death sentence as her feelings for Andy Brown became more and more prominent.
You make an excellent point. You are so right about how the theme connected to the previous and present episode and this one being lackluster by comparison.

Quote:
I didn’t like how Andy basically forced Ephram to get a car that he didn’t really like and he once again refused to listen to him, but Ephram seemed comforted a bit when Phil told him that a girl he liked would like the car. I never heard the term clairaudient before this episode as Phil told Andy what his gift (or burden) was, and it was interesting to see Phil’s predictions play out in this episode.
Yes, there's several different clairs as far as abilities. I was quite impressed that this episode nailed this particular psychic gift. It was truly accurate so whoever did the research deserves an A+. LOL.

I still cannot comprehend why Andy would have thought that car was the right one for Ephram. It was a bit strange.

Quote:
It was so sad to see Amy in this episode fully in the throes of her situational depression, as she couldn’t bring herself to go to school as she lingered in the parking lot and watched the students happily file in to their classes, and her situation escalated as she forged a prescription after she stole a prescription blank from Linda, who was trying to help her using meditation, and Harold and her harshly lashed out at each other when he discovered what she had done, and at that point, Amy truly was lost and despondent, but Harold’s stubborn pride and his refusal to see how sick Amy was furthered a growing rift between them as they both said some really hurtful things to each other. It was so heartbreaking to see Amy tell Linda that she wanted to feel nothing in their meditation session, and Emily VanCamp did an incredible job in depicting how deeply depressed Amy was.
I cried during several moments when Amy was on the screen. Emily was sizzling in this episode. She's always magical but this episode was just so good. She had the little moments, the non-verbal communication perfectly displayed. Again, she always does but this episode was one where she was allowed to show us just how talented she truly is. Wow. Blown away no matter how many times I watch this gifted actress on the screen. When Amy tells Linda she wanted to feel nothing it was heartbreaking. I simply do not understand how the family is filled with healthcare professionals plus Andy and they cannot help Amy sooner. This is amazing to me. Amy is literally drowning and no one is throwing her a life preserver. Linda is into alternative medicine, so she has to understand the body/mind connection. That's one of the biggest themes of alternative medicine, especially meditation. She is also an MD. She is also her aunt. I do not understand how that comment alone wouldn't send an urgent concern that her niece needs help immediately. So very weird how Amy just exists as a shell, her Soul is not even functioning yet everyone passes by her like they don't see her. It is heartbreaking.

Quote:
There is one word that perfectly described what went on in every interaction that Ephram and Madison had in this episode: creepy. I hated every scene that they were in, as Madison vacillated with her conflicting feelings about a 16 year old boy that she shouldn’t have ever thought about in a romantic way. One minute she was making moon eyes at him as he helped her with her music, and the next minute she was talking down to him and calling his feelings for her a crush. One minute, Ephram and Madison are bickering in front of a clueless Andy and a prescient Delia, who saw what was going on, as she saw through Ephram’s offer to help Madison with her band, and the next minute, they’re kissing by his car, which, fulfilling Phil’s prediction, she said that she liked. It was creepy seeing Ephram get so upset when Madison kissed Jay, her angry and moody band member/boyfriend, because he had no right to be so upset because Madison wasn’t, and should have never been, his girlfriend. I was really revolted watching every single scene that they were in and watching all of their scenes together again just reinforces how wrong they were for each other. I also am bleeding from my ears as I was forced to her Madison’s God-awful caterwauling that the writers tried to pass off as “singing.” Madison should have listened to her own advice when she said that some maturity comes with time and she never should have led Ephram on like she did.

Quote:
We saw Andy and Linda’s relationship progress as Edna, playing matchmaker, encouraged both of them to express their feelings for one another and act on those feelings, and Andy did just that as he helped Linda move. I liked the scene where Andy and Linda talked and she revealed the things that were special to her, and she told Andy that he was a kind man, but when Andy went to kiss her, she turned away from him. We then found out that Linda hesitated in expressing her reciprocal feelings toward Andy because she was harboring a secret that she tearfully revealed to Edna: that she had HIV, a disease that was still viewed as a death sentence at the time that Everwood aired, and that diagnosis would have far-reaching consequences not just for Andy and Linda, but for her entire family.
Everything about this storyline was intriguing. I was on the edge of my seat, the acting and storytelling was so well done.

Quote:
I liked Andy’s conversation with Phil, and I thought that Phil was right when she said that he felt burdened by his gift of telling people the truth, because people don’t really want the truth, and that they just wanted good news. I thought it was funny that Andy told Phil to predict an avalanche instead of a flood the next time.
Phil was spot on.

Quote:
I liked seeing Andy’s honesty with Linda as he expressed his feelings to her, but then he saw Delia’s death stare in his rear-view mirror as Phil’s predication about a broken promise was coming true.
Delia looked like the sister of the character from the Omen.

Quote:
Overall, this was one of the weaker episodes of the show for me, as two relationships, one that I liked and one that I truly hated, progressed and set the tone for future episodes.
Yes, this episode certainly wasn't one that you could happily view without feeling either frustration or sadness. The best part for me was Phil's storyline since I could relate. Otherwise, it was a very dark episode.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-31-2021 at 09:42 PM
Old 09-01-2021, 06:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Again, I can’t stop laughing.

Did she ever comment on Katie Holmes with a microphone?
Yes, she couldn't believe how bad she was. She really hated Katie's Holmes' cutesy acting style in the later seasons and she stopped watching.

Quote:

Old 09-01-2021, 06:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
You make an excellent point. You are so right about how the theme connected to the previous and present episode and this one being lackluster by comparison.
Yes, Three Miners From Everwood really engaged me, but this one didn't as much, but I think that a lot of it was due to Madison not being in the last episode and her being prominently featured in this one.

Quote:
Yes, there's several different clairs as far as abilities. I was quite impressed that this episode nailed this particular psychic gift. It was truly accurate so whoever did the research deserves an A+. LOL.
That's awesome that you know so much about this. I've seen the actor who played Phil in a lot of different things, including commercials for Farmers Insurance.

Quote:
I still cannot comprehend why Andy would have thought that car was the right one for Ephram. It was a bit strange.
I think that Andy saw the car as a safe car for Ephram as it was big and built like a tank. I think that was his main concern.

Quote:
I cried during several moments when Amy was on the screen. Emily was sizzling in this episode. She's always magical but this episode was just so good. She had the little moments, the non-verbal communication perfectly displayed. Again, she always does but this episode was one where she was allowed to show us just how talented she truly is. Wow. Blown away no matter how many times I watch this gifted actress on the screen. When Amy tells Linda she wanted to feel nothing it was heartbreaking. I simply do not understand how the family is filled with healthcare professionals plus Andy and they cannot help Amy sooner. This is amazing to me. Amy is literally drowning and no one is throwing her a life preserver. Linda is into alternative medicine, so she has to understand the body/mind connection. That's one of the biggest themes of alternative medicine, especially meditation. She is also an MD. She is also her aunt. I do not understand how that comment alone wouldn't send an urgent concern that her niece needs help immediately. So very weird how Amy just exists as a shell, her Soul is not even functioning yet everyone passes by her like they don't see her. It is heartbreaking.
Emily did an incredible job as Amy. She really depicted someone who's so lost and like you said literally drowning. I couldn't believe how Harold reacted to her condition and that Linda also seemed to ignore how depressed she was.

Quote:
Thanks! This episode really illustrated how bad Madison and Ephram were for each other, and she brought out the worst in him. He regressed instead of progressed with her.

Quote:
Everything about this storyline was intriguing. I was on the edge of my seat, the acting and storytelling was so well done.
That storyline really was incredible and Debra Mooney and Marcia Cross did an incredible job in their scenes together.

Quote:
Phil was spot on.
He really was.

Quote:
Delia looked like the sister of the character from the Omen.
She really did!

Quote:
Yes, this episode certainly wasn't one that you could happily view without feeling either frustration or sadness. The best part for me was Phil's storyline since I could relate. Otherwise, it was a very dark episode.
Yes, this was one of the tougher episodes for me to watch.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, she couldn't believe how bad she was. She really hated Katie's Holmes' cutesy acting style in the later seasons and she stopped watching.

Teresa was not only wise picking you for a husband, but wise about Dawson's Creek and everything else for that matter.

She is so right about how Katie changed acting styles for Joey in the later seasons.
Reply   Post New Thread