Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2021, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh (View Post)
Exactly. I think he even says at the end of this episode that he’s not used to having friends.
Good catch. He does. Very interesting you brought up this topic... in history of this board I don't think anyone discussed this about Andy and friendships. It is so true.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)
Good catch. He does. Very interesting you brought up this topic... in history of this board I don't think anyone discussed this about Andy and friendships. It is so true.
It’s a fairly subtle arc, but it’s definitely there. Andy even told Julia in the finale that being a good friend and father are the only things that help you sleep at night. There were some missteps( like the awful affair with Amanda), but overall I thought Andy had some of the best growth on the show.
Saranoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
It’s a fairly subtle arc, but it’s definitely there. Andy even told Julia in the finale that being a good friend and father are the only things that help you sleep at night. There were some missteps( like the awful affair with Amanda), but overall I thought Andy had some of the best growth on the show.
I completely agree that Andy had some of the best growth in the show. He became a good father and a good friend. A real sign of that was the episode where Harold, of all people told Andy he was his best friend. That was huge. Harold started out bitterly resenting Andy to considering him to be his best friend. I loved seeing that.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I completely agree that Andy had some of the best growth in the show. He became a good father and a good friend. A real sign of that was the episode where Harold, of all people told Andy he was his best friend. That was huge. Harold started out bitterly resenting Andy to considering him to be his best friend. I loved seeing that.
I love some of the romantic pairings, but Andy/Harold might be my favorite relationship on the show. The two actors are just hilarious together.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He really did. Treat Williams is such a fantastic actor he lit it up on the screen as Andy Brown which made you pull for him all the more.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I love some of the romantic pairings, but Andy/Harold might be my favorite relationship on the show. The two actors are just hilarious together.
Treat and Tom are magical on the screen together. Their diner scenes as Andy and Harold are golden.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)
He really did. Treat Williams is such a fantastic actor he lit it up on the screen as Andy Brown which made you pull for him all the more.
He has that little twinkle in his eyes that’s hard to exist.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Yes, they really are, and they played off each other so well.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Absolutely!
Old 08-14-2021, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yes, he did, especially when seeing how Nina was finally coming into his world
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
He definitely starts to light up around her. It’s kind of adorable at times.
Old 08-14-2021, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
The thing is...now that I'm watching season 2 I am noticing Andy's twinkle when seeing Linda and I don't remember seeing the same kind of twinkle when Nina walked into a room.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
The thing is...now that I'm watching season 2 I am noticing Andy's twinkle when seeing Linda and I don't remember seeing the same kind of twinkle when Nina walked into a room.
I don’t think he has it around Nina at this point in the series, but I think he does later after he recognizes his feelings.
Old 08-14-2021, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don’t think he has it around Nina at this point in the series, but I think he does later after he recognizes his feelings.
Looking forward to seeing those scenes.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Looking forward to seeing those scenes.
I could be remembering wrong. I think it’s hard to compare his interactions with Linda and Nina, though. Linda was unattached when he pursued her, so the angst wasn’t there. With Nina he was pining.
Reply   Post New Thread