Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2021, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I was so grossed out by that as well! In fact...I actually fast forwarded it! Do you think that why he threw up?
I never thought of it but so funny.

The audience felt the nausea.

Seriously, that scene is so nauseating. I don’t know if it’s because I don’t feel the chemistry between the actors, I dislike Colin overall, or that should be Ephram and Amy... probably a mix. It is like fingers down the chalkboard. I should have fast forwarded like you did!

Last edited by jediwands; 05-11-2021 at 04:13 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
It's hard watching what is happening to Colin. He really should have just died in the accident because his life has been pretty depressing since he came back.
I completely agree. In many ways, he really never lived after coming out of the coma. It was a slow official death after that. Not only that, people like Bright and Amy really suffered receiving false hope only to lose their childhood friend all over again. Very sad.

Quote:
Ya'll just know they're republican... lmao
You’re right and guaranteed they’re anti-vaccine and anti-mask.

Quote:
And I agree about Colin treating Amy like crap and her just putting up with it. Ridiculous.

Quote:
I cant believe them. Honestly. They are so ridiculous and make me so angry.How can they possibly have doubts about Andy as a doctor after everything he did for them????
It makes zero sense. Infuriating!
Old 05-11-2021, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Here is my updated Episode Ranking List:
  1. Pilot
  2. The Unveiling
  3. The Great Doctor Brown
  4. Vegetative State
  5. We Hold These Truths
  6. Till Death Do Us Part
  7. Is There a Doctor in the House?
  8. A Thanksgiving Tale
  9. Deer God
  10. The Price of Fame
  11. My Funny Valentine
  12. Colin the Second
  13. Snow Job
  14. The Doctor Is In
  15. The Kissing Bridge
  16. Friendly Fire
  17. Turf Wars
  18. Everwood Confidential

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Good list.

The Unveiling is at least #2 for me, maybe even #1... then again, it’s difficult to bump the episode that started it all.
Old 01-02-2022, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Everwood is so real and relatable.

Yes, the thing with Colin is you just felt like his fate was predestined. His story wasn’t going to have a long-term journey in this life. But at the same time, Andy being more blunt with the Hart’s would have been the better approach.
Old 01-03-2022, 01:37 PM
Administrator

I think that the whole point of this episode was that Julia, while being a wonderful mother that Ephram sorely missed, wasn't perfect and while it did pain Andy to tell Ephram the truth about her cheating, he had to tell him because Ephram backed him into a corner with his horrible accusations. I loved that Andy told him that if he ever accused him of cheating again, he wouldn't be responsible for what he'd do to him, because Ephram really took things too far with that accusation.

I've said this before, but if I ever spoke to my father the way that Ephram spoke to Andy, I'd have my head handed to me. Yes, Andy had been a neglectful father while Julia was alive and he did uproot his family from all the people they knew, but Ephram was beyond horrible to Andy over and over again, and it got wearisome seeing him treat his father the way that he did.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-03-2022, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everwoodlover (View Post)
I don't think he did personally, after that argument he overheard I don't blame one bit for jumping to conclusions, I could absolutely believe Andy would've cheated back then.

I wouldn't say he was "beyond horrible" myself personally, Ephram's actions were pretty understandable(Especially after having read some of the books which are told from his perspective and reframe scenes in a whole different light).
I understand where you're coming from, but I still think that Ephram never really gave Andy a break. Yes, he was a neglectful father when Julia was alive, but he was a workaholic who, as Julia said didn't "wake up" until she died, but he did everything he could to make up for what he had done, but Ephram never seemed to cut him any slack. I really should read the books to get a different perspective, but as someone who misses his parents terribly and who wishes that I had appreciated them more when I was a teenager and a young adult, I have more empathy for Andy than I do Ephram. My parents also moved me from New York when I was 12, and I hated living in New Jersey for a long time and I blamed my parents for moving me away from where I was happy, but they were absolutely right to move us from The Bronx and a neighborhood that was going downhill to the suburbs of New Jersey, where we were safe and we had a home of our own.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:22 PM
Administrator

I don't understand why Andy didn't tell Ephram and Delia why he wanted to move them to Everwood (to honor Julia's wishes) either, but I guess the writers did that to up the drama factor.

Old 01-04-2022, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I don't understand why Andy didn't tell Ephram and Delia why he wanted to move them to Everwood (to honor Julia's wishes) either, but I guess the writers did that to up the drama factor.
I think it was for drama like you said and to reveal the twist at the end. I also think the writing wanted to show Andy as still very rough around the edges and not having a clue how to be a proper father at this point. Lack of communication, empathy, patience, understanding, clarity wasn’t easy for him initially. So it probably was in character for him to go there without explaining the move. It’s also possible this secret was a bit of “magic” he wanted to keep between himself and his late wife initially. 3.1 we are discussing Andy’s definition of memories to Harold and how they are kept alive, deep inside of you. He wanted to keep his memories of Julia very much alive deep inside.
Old 01-04-2022, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediseermic (View Post)
I think it was for drama like you said and to reveal the twist at the end. I also think the writing wanted to show Andy as still very rough around the edges and not having a clue how to be a proper father at this point. Lack of communication, empathy, patience, understanding, clarity wasn’t easy for him initially. So it probably was in character for him to go there without explaining the move. It’s also possible this secret was a bit of “magic” he wanted to keep between himself and his late wife initially. 3.1 we are discussing Andy’s definition of memories to Harold and how they are kept alive, deep inside of you. He wanted to keep his memories of Julia very much alive deep inside.
I really like your way of looking at this.

Old 01-05-2022, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I really like your way of looking at this.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everwoodlover (View Post)
I guess that kind of makes sense.
Yeah, more or less speculating and putting together everything we know but who knows, lol.
Old 12-23-2022, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

Started my rewatch back up. This episode is just so powerful. Just like I remember. The downfall of Amy starting this episode. Also not easy to watch. Lainey knows everybody outside of Andy and Harold are in denial so she’s getting out of dodge! Smart.

I loved the Julia and Ephram scenes. And this year I have been struggling with my self worth and why I have never been able to find someone at now 36 years old. Some of the advice Julia gave Ephram at the tux flashback scene I should take to heart. I am so concerned about my appearance lately.. I need to remember it’s more than just looks that attract women. So that scene def hit hard. And at 36 I need to maybe get forced into asking someone out by someone cause that’s the only way I’ll ever gain the courage. Yes, I’m 36 and have never asked anybody out so yeah… Maybe I need to get that push from someone like Julia gave Ephram.

The infidelity topic was handled well. Just like I remember. No excuse for cheating but Andy recognized what lead to it. And that doesn’t make it right but it is also something you take into account and can make it a little easier to forgive.

It hits closer to home then I’m going to go into. My parents are still happily married. But yeah, it hits closer to home now then when the episode aired. And as a 36 yr old still living with my parents. When some of this happened a decade ago. I was 26 and living at home. So as much as my dad loved Everwood. I would not watch this episode with him. Cause it could trigger some things I don’t want to relive.

The whole point I’m trying to make is.. damn.. it was spot on writing. Stuff I have had to try and not judge my mom for. When you are a son.. Like Ephram is here. And you have your own notions on one true love and being together forever.. When something knocks the pedestal you have your mother on happens. You can get upset. I believe Ephram forgave his mother even if not right away after this episode. We are the children. It’s not our marriage. And in our situation.. I was still in the house and not outside like most 26 year olds so I was directly involved like it or not. Not easy but Everwood.. man.. This episode just a bit triggering. Sorry for going into more detail then I should have.

Anyway. have a great Holliday everybody. Not to go into details but I have been struggling as I hinted and that’s why I ghosted for a while. You were all so great last year when I was active. This year, you just gotta keep fighting. Depression is hard and I’m not a failure in life like sometimes I believe I am. I was dealt with my Muscular Dystrophy, OCD, and my Autism. So my fears get the best of me and have hindered me. But I’m trying to just be happy with what I have. Everwood got my mind off my life for a few hours tonight. Gonna try to continue my rewatch. Haha.
slicknickshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickshady (View Post)
Started my rewatch back up.
Glad!

Quote:
This episode is just so powerful. Just like I remember. The downfall of Amy starting this episode. Also not easy to watch. Lainey knows everybody outside of Andy and Harold are in denial so she’s getting out of dodge! Smart.
So true about Amy. It just keeps getting worse and worse for her and her mental health. When you watch the last part of S1 you can see how much help she needs and maybe it would have prevented her from suffering the deep, clinical depression in S2 if she would have received some assistance back in S1. Yes, Laynie knows the score. She really does. I feel for her so much because her parents are rather useless and it's just so unfortunate.

Quote:
I loved the Julia and Ephram scenes. And this year I have been struggling with my self worth and why I have never been able to find someone at now 36 years old. Some of the advice Julia gave Ephram at the tux flashback scene I should take to heart. I am so concerned about my appearance lately.. I need to remember it’s more than just looks that attract women. So that scene def hit hard. And at 36 I need to maybe get forced into asking someone out by someone cause that’s the only way I’ll ever gain the courage. Yes, I’m 36 and have never asked anybody out so yeah… Maybe I need to get that push from someone like Julia gave Ephram.
Everwood is just so relatable. So many people for various reasons can relate to this one of a kind series. I am glad it is helping you. Trust me, I understand the dating situation. I am around your age and same thing only I found who I was meant to be with years ago and refused to date. I have since reunited after 13 years apart but during those 13 I refused to date anyone else minus a tiny bit and even then it just fell flat. There is hope and just know it doesn't matter the age, when you find the right person it will happen (even if the path can be rough and delayed), it is all meant to be.

Quote:
The infidelity topic was handled well. Just like I remember. No excuse for cheating but Andy recognized what lead to it. And that doesn’t make it right but it is also something you take into account and can make it a little easier to forgive.
I completely agree. I love how the show handled the cheating. It was wrong, no doubt about it, but there was context and reasoning behind it. I found it very interesting that Andy never even thought of divorcing Julia. It was not a possibility. Ephram definitely felt more for Andy after finding out about it too.

Quote:
It hits closer to home then I’m going to go into. My parents are still happily married. But yeah, it hits closer to home now then when the episode aired. And as a 36 yr old still living with my parents. When some of this happened a decade ago. I was 26 and living at home. So as much as my dad loved Everwood. I would not watch this episode with him. Cause it could trigger some things I don’t want to relive.

The whole point I’m trying to make is.. damn.. it was spot on writing. Stuff I have had to try and not judge my mom for. When you are a son.. Like Ephram is here. And you have your own notions on one true love and being together forever.. When something knocks the pedestal you have your mother on happens. You can get upset. I believe Ephram forgave his mother even if not right away after this episode. We are the children. It’s not our marriage. And in our situation.. I was still in the house and not outside like most 26 year olds so I was directly involved like it or not. Not easy but Everwood.. man.. This episode just a bit triggering. Sorry for going into more detail then I should have.
Awwwww, never be sorry. I completely understand. Everything you said is so spot on too. I totally agree with you.

Everwood hits a certain way for me because I lost my mom in 2015 tragically. She died of a sudden cardic arrest and not one ounce of heart disease leading up to it, no signs, and I witnessed it happening which screwed me up for a long time. I can relate to losing a mother so easily on and watching Everwood triggers certain things but at the same time, allows me to feel a comfort while watching because it is relatable. I also watched the series with my mom the first time around.

Quote:
Anyway. have a great Holliday everybody. Not to go into details but I have been struggling as I hinted and that’s why I ghosted for a while. You were all so great last year when I was active. This year, you just gotta keep fighting. Depression is hard and I’m not a failure in life like sometimes I believe I am. I was dealt with my Muscular Dystrophy, OCD, and my Autism. So my fears get the best of me and have hindered me. But I’m trying to just be happy with what I have. Everwood got my mind off my life for a few hours tonight. Gonna try to continue my rewatch. Haha.
I am so sorry about your health conditions, so very sorry. I am glad that Everwood helps a little bit. Is your Muscular Dystrophy under control (mild form)? Like all your health conditions are tough but stable? Do not worry about coming and going, we totally understand. Just know you have a "home" here always.
Reply   Post New Thread