Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2021, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
NARRATOR: Don't you see? My heart beats only for you.
Treat’s delivery.

This one, too:

Quote:
DR. ABBOTT: I've bored Rose since the day we met. I think she makes shopping lists in her head while I'm talking.
Again, delivery, this time Tom’s delivery.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Treat’s delivery.

This one, too:

Again, delivery, this time Tom’s delivery.
Both quotes are great. One was so heartfelt and the other was a perfect example of comic timing perfectly depicting Harold's droll wit.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
My favorite has to be:

Quote:
NARRATOR: Don't you see? My heart beats only for you.
Treat’s delivery.
I agree. I think that we sometimes forget how recent Julia's loss was to Andy and how he was consumed with guilt and regret over her death.

The other day, I saw a clip of Dawson reacting to Mitch's death, and it really struck me that the actors on Dawson's Creek aren't in the same league as the actors on Everwood. Dawson came off as angry in the scene at his house and his conversation with Joey should have been heartfelt, but it wasn't, because James Van Der Beek is no Treat Williams. Not even close.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-27-2021, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this exchange.......

Quote:
AMY: So you guys seem to be having a good time.

LAYNIE: Yeah. So far he's not disappointing.

AMY: Yeah, Ephram's cool.

LAYNIE: What's the 411 on him anyway?

AMY: What do you mean?

LAYNIE: Why isn't he seeing anyone?

AMY: Ah, I guess he hasn't found the right person.

LAYNIE: Did he just break up with someone or something?

AMY: Hasn't mentioned anyone.

LAYNIE: A girlfriend in New York?

AMY: Don't think so.

LAYNIE: You know what, I don't even know why I'm surprised all the girls here are too stupid to look at the one cool eligible guy in town. I mean I haven't been gone that long.

AMY: What, what is it you like about him?

LAYNIE: He's that guy that you'd want to hang out with even if you weren't dating him. And he's cute in the kinda way that's sorta like, you know in the movies that guy you want the girl to end up with that you pretend isn't cute but really is?

AMY: Yeah.

LAYNIE: [getting up] See ya.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That was a really good scene, because Amy couldn't tell Laynie that Ephram was in love with her, and she was jealous that Laynie liked Ephram but she couldn't say she was jealous.

Old 04-27-2021, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That was a really good scene, because Amy couldn't tell Laynie that Ephram was in love with her, and she was jealous that Laynie liked Ephram but she couldn't say she was jealous.
And hearing all the good stuff Laynie saw in Ephram verified all of the good stuff Amy felt about him as well!! Amy could have had him and now has to hear from someone who wants him! Jealousy overload!!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 04-27-2021 at 03:53 PM
Old 04-27-2021, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Both quotes are great. One was so heartfelt and the other was a perfect example of comic timing perfectly depicting Harold's droll wit.
Exactly. Which demonstrates how this unique series could balance the drama and comedy perfectly.
Old 04-27-2021, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree. I think that we sometimes forget how recent Julia's loss was to Andy and how he was consumed with guilt and regret over her death.
Absolutely. It was still so fresh. I love how the show never skipped over it.

Quote:
The other day, I saw a clip of Dawson reacting to Mitch's death, and it really struck me that the actors on Dawson's Creek aren't in the same league as the actors on Everwood. Dawson came off as angry in the scene at his house and his conversation with Joey should have been heartfelt, but it wasn't, because James Van Der Beek is no Treat Williams. Not even close.
I remember that scene/storyline. You are so right about Dawson’s Creek not close to Everwood. The talent difference is startling. Dawson did come across as angry. I never even felt sorry for him. I never felt sorry for Joey hearing about her mom either. Really bad acting. On Everwood, I only need to look at the expression on the face of a character and I’m in tears.
Old 04-27-2021, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
So perfect!
Old 04-27-2021, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Absolutely. It was still so fresh. I love how the show never skipped over it.
It was really good how they showed Andy dealing with his grief over Julia's loss, especially in Season One.

Quote:
I remember that scene/storyline. You are so right about Dawson’s Creek not close to Everwood. The talent difference is startling. Dawson did come across as angry. I never even felt sorry for him. I never felt sorry for Joey hearing about her mom either. Really bad acting. On Everwood, I only need to look at the expression on the face of a character and I’m in tears.
It's like night and day. All the actors on Everwood were superb. I also think that they had a lot better material to work with than the actors on Dawson's Creek had to work with. To me, the only really good actors on Dawson's Creek were Michelle Williams and Mary Beth Peil. Everyone else was pretty mediocre.

Old 04-27-2021, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It was really good how they showed Andy dealing with his grief over Julia's loss, especially in Season One.
Absolutely. So very real. That is why should we have received a S5, the speculation was Andy/Delia having the father/daughter dynamic way more showcased. I think it would have been nice seeing them deal with many different issues and even Delia talking about Julia and still mourning her mother a little as well. A teenage girl without her mother can be paralyzing so it would have been great seeing Delia dealing with some tough moments and missing Julia while seeing Andy and Ephram handling it. Nina, as well.

Quote:
It's like night and day. All the actors on Everwood were superb. I also think that they had a lot better material to work with than the actors on Dawson's Creek had to work with. To me, the only really good actors on Dawson's Creek were Michelle Williams and Mary Beth Peil. Everyone else was pretty mediocre.
Agreed. Berlanti certainly learned from Dawson's Creek and created a masterpiece with Everwood. You have to wonder when Berlanti started thinking about, then materializing Everwood. I don't know if he's ever talked about it. Yes, those were the only really good actors. The cast as a whole was nothing close to Everwood. Too bad Michelle Williams didn't leave Dawson's Creek early (sadly, the DC writers would have felt relieved) and Berlanti could have picked her up for Everwood. It would have been fantastic finally seeing her on the small screen with worthy material alongside a cast on her talent level.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Absolutely. So very real. That is why should we have received a S5, the speculation was Andy/Delia having the father/daughter dynamic way more showcased. I think it would have been nice seeing them deal with many different issues and even Delia talking about Julia and still mourning her mother a little as well. A teenage girl without her mother can be paralyzing so it would have been great seeing Delia dealing with some tough moments and missing Julia while seeing Andy and Ephram handling it. Nina, as well.
I agree. We've talked before how the story would have switched from father and son to father and daughter in Season Five. There would also be the dynamic of Nina becoming Delia's stepmother and Sam becoming her stepbrother. It would have been interesting to see and Vivien Cardone had the acting chops to handle that transition.

Quote:
Agreed. Berlanti certainly learned from Dawson's Creek and created a masterpiece with Everwood. You have to wonder when Berlanti started thinking about, then materializing Everwood. I don't know if he's ever talked about it. Yes, those were the only really good actors. The cast as a whole was nothing close to Everwood. Too bad Michelle Williams didn't leave Dawson's Creek early (sadly, the DC writers would have felt relieved) and Berlanti could have picked her up for Everwood. It would have been fantastic finally seeing her on the small screen with worthy material alongside a cast on her talent level.
I would have loved to have seen Michelle Williams on Everwood but she was stuck with that 6 year contract on Dawson's Creek.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree. We've talked before how the story would have switched from father and son to father and daughter in Season Five. There would also be the dynamic of Nina becoming Delia's stepmother and Sam becoming her stepbrother. It would have been interesting to see and Vivien Cardone had the acting chops to handle that transition.
It would have been so great. We really missed out on all of this. It was Vivien’s time to shine. It would have been brilliant. I guess it wasn’t meant to be. Only good thing is not seeing Madison’s mug for the couple episodes she was going to be in. Berlanti mentioned 1-3 episodes. Sorry, Greg, since Madison was like the terminator, never destroyed... I would have had to see it to believe it.

Quote:
I would have loved to have seen Michelle Williams on Everwood but she was stuck with that 6 year contract on Dawson's Creek.
Too bad somehow she couldn’t have gotten out of it, but yes, she was tied up and not allowed to shine for 6 years.
Old 04-28-2021, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dawson's Creek seems to come up alot when talking about Everwood. What show do you think is better: Dawson's Creek or OTH ?
Old 04-28-2021, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Dawson's Creek seems to come up alot when talking about Everwood. What show do you think is better: Dawson's Creek or OTH ?
One Tree Hill, by far, in my opinion.

Even when I thought Dawson’s Creek had quality in S1 it was still a misogynistic and homophobic disgrace. We also see a Christian Grandmother insinuate that her Granddaughter deserved an attempted assault because of the way she was dressed. The Grandmother turns into an amazing character but not during that moment and I’ll never forget it. The series had no idea how to write mental health storylines. Mental health was even made fun of at times. Even if the main female character was generally insufferable most of the time, she was also degraded as a prize to win between two guys who were once best friends. None of the girls had healthy female friendships. They killed off (just because) the only character played by an actress with EVC talent. What substance the show did have in the first two seasons was destroyed by turning seasons 3-6 into a low quality hot mess which didn’t connect to the first two seasons. The series finale was a pathetic joke for endless reasons. I could go on.

You watched OTH. At times it was outlandish, but at least the problematic things I listed above hardly ever happened on OTH and the main pairings of Lucas/Peyton and Nathan/Haley were never destroyed. Actual female friendships existed on the show. The heart and soul of the show was never destroyed. The endings each character received made sense and the meant to be pairings all made it to the finish line.

So, in my mind, OTH by a mile.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-28-2021 at 06:04 AM
Reply   Post New Thread