Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Absolute Fan

"Pop Psychology" Episode Discussion (11-28-2004)

From the WB:

When a mysterious man from the Carver's past returns to Boundary Mountain, his appearance at the Carver's Thanksgiving dinner rattles the entire family. Meanwhile, David (Oliver Hudson) tries to make amends with Max (Elizabeth Bogush), Will (Anson Mount) contemplates proposing to Maria (Alana De La Garza) and Shelly (Tara Thompson) continues to find herself the object of Michael (Tommy Dewey) and Sam's (Penn Badgley) affection.
Johann Urb, Mitch Pileggi and Barbara Hershey also star. The episode was written by Jesse Stern and directed by Peter Ellis.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Aw man, is Scarlett back?

I'm glad Colin will get some more screen time.

I'm really curious with what's going to happen with the proposal. If he asks, which I'm not sure if he will, I wonder if she'll say yes. I don't know, they want us to think the Maria/David thing is over...but I don't know....
Old 11-28-2004, 11:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Looks good. I can't wait!
Old 11-29-2004, 01:57 AM
Absolute Fan

---------> = me at the end of the episode when i saw their dad speaking with him! wow. wow.

I can say that I enjoyed tonight's episode. I liked it, and dare i say....i think I am starting to like Maria and will together?! crazy stuff. lol and next week's episode...looks good

"can we take a ride, get out of this place while we still have time?"
Old 11-29-2004, 02:01 AM
Absolute Fan

I'll come back and post my thoughts on everyone tomorrow, but I just have to say that it was a GREAT episode. Next week looks delicious!

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:14 AM
Master Fan

Oh wow, I'm totally spinning right now. This show is really good, it had me totally shocked by the end there.

The Dowlings: I love the family dynamic here so much. Between Colin and his children and between Max and Michael. Max almost seemed to have some kind of power over her father, when she told him to back off he seemed to understand he had to, maybe it's because he repsects her, whatever it is, it added another facet to that relationship. The Michael/Colin relationship is so sad, I think there is so much resentment built up for Michael it had to come out. And in the most hillarious way by shooting Colin. My fave relationship in that family right now though it the one between Michael/Max. It's clear underneith it all both of them really are just wounded from their family life. I was so glad to see her being there for him, the family dynamic is just fabulous.

David: I can't help it I love him more and more each week. His scene with Max, where he said he had his heart broken was definitely foreshadowing to next week. I think David is gun shy about any committment because the last time he did it, it was with Maria and it turned out horribly for them. And then later his issues with his father, really touched me OH did a really good job.

Michael/Shelly/Sam: I honestly don't know where this is going. I love the Michael/Sam friendship, it's just adorable. And romantically I want MS, and they keep having these little moments here and there, that lead me to believe it's coming. But then there is Sam and I don't know what to think there.

WIT!: EEEVVVIILLL! Wow, I so did not see that coming and I loved it. This guy is so evil, using his own daughter, and Colin is terrible as well. I mean wow. I felt so bad for all the Carver kids seeing him, Gennie obviously knows he's dirt, I don't see her getting dragged back in. But Will and Shelly will, I don't think David will though. It should be interesting to see all of that play out.

Maria/David: OMG! WOW! I am so happy right now. Even though I like the other couples (max/david; will/maria), David/Maria are what I love. That preview shocked the hell out of me. I knew things had to bubble up eventually but man this is coming out in a big way. I guess Will proposing pushes her to tell David the truth. Now the interesting part will be to see what David does. I have a feeling, he's going to go for it to.

Whitney
Old 11-29-2004, 02:44 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vilandra-N-Kivar-Lover

Maria/David: OMG! WOW! I am so happy right now. Even though I like the other couples (max/david; will/maria), David/Maria are what I love. That preview shocked the hell out of me. I knew things had to bubble up eventually but man this is coming out in a big way. I guess Will proposing pushes her to tell David the truth. Now the interesting part will be to see what David does. I have a feeling, he's going to go for it to.

Whitney
very excited too agree agree agree!!

"can we take a ride, get out of this place while we still have time?"
Old 11-29-2004, 04:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

This show is a lot of fun. I love how it can be comedic one moment, and dramatic the next (or vice versa as we see in the scene where Michael shoots Colin's foot ) I love the hunting scene.

I'm also enjoying the friendship between Michael and Sam. When Shelly's dad (I forget his name ) asked about their relationship and Michael goes on about him and Sam is too funny. I like the dynamic between all three of them, but I don't know which couple I'd like romantically.

Next week's promo with David and Maria shocked me a little bit, so that'll be interesting to see.

Michael: Did I mention I shot my dad?

LJ
Old 11-29-2004, 12:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Wit: He is obvious scum who is using his daughter for his own ends. I had thought that maybe they were all unfair to him until he went straight to Colin. I can understand why Sam and Michael thought he was a sicko. He came off as one with his mentioning Shelly's form.

Colin/Michael: I hope this is not one of those always used storylines where the father tries to have a decent relationship with his son and his son rejects hm at every opportunity. That is tiresome.

Michael/Shelly/Sam: Should be interesting how this continues.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

This was one of the best episodes in my opinion!

Will/Maria: I really love them together and I was disappointed that he didn't propose. I wanted him to do it at the dinner in front of everyone!

Max: She is easily my favorite character on this show! She is just sooo awesome and I love her personality. But she is really not good at covering up her feelings.

David: I felt so bad for him tonite. I love him with Max, his softer side comes out. My favorite part in the whole episode was the end when David told Max that his dad broke his heart, I wanted to cry!

Shelly: Poor naive Shelly. Gotta love that girl! She reminds me of myself, I always try to see the best in everyone and it usually backfires. I know most fans of the Mountain are rooting for a Michael/Shelly relationship but I like them as friends more than anything. And I can just see the heartache in her eyes when she sees Sam and Scarlette together!

Sam: Get rid of Scarlette lol
Michael: I loved when he shot Colin! LOL Too funny... "I shot my father.."
Old 11-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Overall: EXCELLENT!!

The carvers: I really liked that family togetherness. I like how we got to see Shelly with her brothers.

David: I'm really glad that he and max patched things up. I felt so bad for him, he seemed to resent his dad the most.

Max:She felt so bad after she shbot the Turkey. Poor Max. Poor turkey.

Max/David: Halarius how she called him a bastard. I'm really happy they patched things up. I really think this episode let us see more of their emotional connection.

Michael: He had a lot of funny lines "Ok, lets go do some damage.. to my ass." I also thought it was so sweet how worried he looked when he saw shelly with the wierd guy.

Michael/Max: I really liked them in this episode when Max was talking to Michael and then she took his keys.

Sam/Maria: I thought it was halarius how they didn't know what to do when the Carvers dad came in.

Maria: "what do we do"?
Sam: "Just keep your eyes on the food."

Gennie: I felt so bad for her in this episod. First her ex shows up and then Robert can't make it. I was surprised that she didn't mind seeing Michael sitting with Shelly."

Maria/will: before I really didn't care about their relationship but I do now.

Whit: Before this episode I thought he was a jerk because he abandoned his family. The twords the middle of the episode I felt sorry for him and I thought that he deserved another shot. But by the end of the episode my opinion of him is EVIL!!

Promo: next week looks good. they're bringing back the Maria/David thing.

P.S. I have caps let me know if you want any (I allready posted Michael/Shelly caps)

-Brianna
Old 11-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by magiKchelle
This was one of the best episodes in my opinion!
I agree!
Old 11-30-2004, 12:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't really get why so many people belittle this show, it's really quite good.

So, yea, loved this ep.

Watch Veronica Mars, Wednesdays at 9 pm est on UPN.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:51 AM
Absolute Fan

Okay... last night's episode was really one of the best, IMO.

Michael/Shelly/Sam I loved how they were all spending time together and having fun. I just adored the scene where Michael and Sam barged in the room and tackled Whit. They both really care about her.

Max/David- I'm so happy that Max told David to slow things down so they could figure out a way to be together. I also loved how she realized that she did care and ran to him.

Max- Last night was the first time Max acted like she did back in the beginning of the season. The spunky, feisty woman has returned. I feel so bad for her when she shot the turkey. I'm an animal lover and I would have flipped out too.

The Carvers- Finally a scene where they are all together, and atleast not fighting with each other.

F. Robert See Amber... we knew that he was no good. What kind of man stand up Gennie Carver on Thanksgiving? A worthless man.

Will/Maria- I thought it was sweet that he was going to propose to her, but I don't know what to think about this couple.

Whitman- What a jerk!!!! That was a total shocker at the end. All I have to say is poor, poor Shell.

Next week- I actually had to rewind my tape after the preview just to make sure that I heard Maria right. I can't wait!

Old 11-30-2004, 01:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by rachem_chul

Bri: You're awesome! Thanks! BTW, do you have any caps of Michael and Sam when they went to rescue Shelly?

Rachel