Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-04-2004, 11:43 PM
Absolute Fan

"The One You're With" Episode Discussion (12-5-2004)

From the WB:

Shelley (Tara Thompson) tries to impress her estranged father (guest star Brent Cullen) with her snowboarding at an exhibition session, but is disappointed by his lack of enthusiasm. She throws herself into her boarding to strengthen her relationship with her father and to keep her mind off of the relationship between Sam (Penn Badgley) and his girlfriend Scarlett (guest star Kaylee DeFer). Meanwhile, when Colin Dowling (Mitch Pileggi) offers Maria (Alana De La Garza) a job in New York, Will (Anson Mount) proposes to her to keep from losing her.
Oliver Hudson, Elizabeth Bogush, Johann Urb, Tommy Dewey and Barbara Hershey also star. The episode was written by Jean Desegonzac and directed by Michael Nankin.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Truthfully, I'm surprised if Maria's even considering taking a job Colin offerred her...

It looks like from the pic there'll be some good S/Shelly moments. I'm getting kinda annoyed with the Scarlett/Sam relationship. I still don't know why...

I hope we see some S/M interaction A lot.

I wonder what will happen with D/M...
Old 12-05-2004, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

I agree about the Colin offering Maria a job.

Unless it's done in a way that she doesn't know it's him. Sneaky B@st@rd.

So are we to assume that Mr. Jet Setter F. Robert something or others just used Ginnie and whooosh he's gone. Good grief don't let her end up prego. I felt bad for her last week when she sort of started to realize....I gave up the goods way to early...but dang I was ....mmmmm how shall I say this....needin' me some.

Will proposing to Maria now...she'll see right thru that....plus we all saw the David scene from last week...ok I'm just gonna go turn my t.v. to the WB right now and wait...it's only what..11 hours away...

Icon
Old 12-05-2004, 03:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PPD

So are we to assume that Mr. Jet Setter F. Robert something or others just used Ginnie and whooosh he's gone. Good grief don't let her end up prego. I felt bad for her last week when she sort of started to realize....I gave up the goods way to early...but dang I was ....mmmmm how shall I say this....needin' me some.
That was too funny.

If Gennie ended up pregnant, I don't even want to think about it. I think she may be too old anyways.

I have to record the show tonight and watch after work. I can't wait for the Maria/David scene!

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

LoL PPD I can't wait for tonights episode!
Old 12-06-2004, 01:24 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm really hoping for some Shelly/Michael interaction. I do not like Scarlet. She's much to jealous of Shelly and Sam's friendship. She needs to get over it. I can totally see her coming between them. Can't wait to see what happens. The Maria/David scene will be crazy.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:23 AM
Master Fan

Um wow, I waited in anticipation all night for that last scene and it did not disappoint. This ep was really good, the tension level was so high, I felt like everything was going to fall apart at any moment.

Sam/Shelly: I don't think she wants him, but I don't think she wants to share him either, and she feels like Scarlett is taking him. Shelly was fine when it was her branching off with Michael, but she can't handle it when Sam does the same. I still don't think it's a romantic jealousy. Sam on the otherhand is very much into her in that way, though he seems to be bonding with Scarlett. That scene between he and David was very telling of his feelings. He can't live without Shelly, but can he really live with her in a relationship? I don't think so.

Max/Michael: Sad to see them absent, but I understand why it was needed to move Maria/David forward, and possibly have Shelly miss him, which from the previews of next ep, her kissing him while he's in bed, it seems she did. I found it interesting their mother was alive, for some reason I thought she was dead. I guess they're just divorced, hmm.

Wit/Shelly: He seemed to have a tiny spec of conscience at the end, but I think his humanity might be reserved to Shelly, because I didn't feel he had any love towards Will, David or Gennie. He's still a complete ass, screwing them all over the way he is. I want him to go down in flames, though I feel so bad for Shelly, she's putting all her faith in him.

Wit/Gennie: I'm intrigued by these two. Her allusion to the fact that she slept with him to keep him interested, and the info that he was her trainer. I hope that relationship is fleshed out more, I really enjoy the bitterness there. And I like hearing about Gennie's past, because Shelly is basically reliving it right now.

Will/David/Maria: Wow, first of all. David's feelings have never been more clear. Last episode I was confused because he seemed to genuinely care for Max, and I guess he does, but he's never stopped loving Maria, and the fact that he was losing her this episode in more of a real sense brought those feelings forth. I was absolutely shocked that Will did not notice what was happening, at least on David's end. Maria was not as obvious. But everything David said to him, all the stuff he knew, screamed that he still loved her, and Will just pushed it aside. Him having David write the letter was so wrong. He should have known that if he needed that, then maybe it wasn't right between he and Maria, but he was all doped up on his love for her. I did feel bad for him, even if he was being blind. At the dinner, Wit hit so many things on the head, it was so tense. David's toast clearly clued Maris into the fact that he wanted her, why it didn't clue Will in I have no idea.

Maria/David: Oh. My. God. I totally knew that was coming, but it was still amazing. Her admitting she wanted him, not Will, and that she loved him, always had was so powerful, and he couldn't even say anything because he wanted her so much. Him locking the door, was so telling, he thought about it and then went for it. There is no coming back from this, this wasn't spur of the moment, or reckless, this is what they both wanted. The kisses we're so hot, him caressing her face, sigh, all of it was fantastic. I adored the song in the background, it fit them so perfectly.

I can't wait for next week, with Michael back and MS kicking off, the Maria/David affair, it's going to be amazing. I love this show more and more.

Whitney
Old 12-06-2004, 02:31 AM
Absolute Fan

david and maria so excited so excited! the best part and reason why i watch the show great episode over all

"can we take a ride, get out of this place while we still have time?"
Old 12-06-2004, 02:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by terresita
david and maria so excited so excited! the best part and reason why i watch the show great episode over all
I agree Tere..the ening was just I loved it..best eppy. I love the David/Maria so much..so so SO much. Ok, I'll stop now.

It's weird..we ship the same couples

Thanks to dirtyfootprints for the avi
Old 12-06-2004, 03:08 AM
Master Fan

I love David and Maria so much that last scene was great. I can't wait to see next weeks episode. I'm so happy that Maria figured out that David wrote the letter.

I love the tenson with S/S right now
Old 12-06-2004, 05:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oh man! This was one great episode! I am so torn, because I love Max, but I totally love David/Maria. But maybe we can see more snarky Max, I love her when she's mad! Ew, I am so not into Michael/Shelly. I can't stand him, sorry to all the MS shippers
Old 12-06-2004, 09:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Think both Maria/David are sleazy.

David for screwing with his brother's fiancee. So much for rebuilding their relationship.

As for Maria, she is even worse than David. She blamed Will for all his insecurities concerning David and her and then she turns around and goes to David whining about how she wants him and still loves him.

Maria doesn't even have the decency to break up with Will first.

It would serve those two if Max and Will got together. Will is way cuter than David and actually works for a living.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Damn that promo looked good. I'm so pissed that Michael wasn't in that episode but I'll live if we some have Shelly/Michael kissage in the next episode. Max looks pissed. I wonder who she was talking to when she says "I didn't think it was possible for a grown man to cry so much." Probobly David although can't imagine him crying. I'll post my full reply about the episode when I get home from school.

Last edited by Bri53; 12-06-2004 at 09:03 PM
Old 12-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

It bugs me that they made Will so oblivious to the fact that his brother was still in love with his fiance. Anyone could see it, I'm sure their father saw it. It made him look like a fool.

I miss Max.

Lisa
Old 12-06-2004, 04:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Holy cow. I just got done watching this episode and I was freaking out at the end.

Maria/David- I never actually thought that they would go through with it, but I'm glad they did. I thought that David was going to walk out the door, but instead he locked it. That last scene where they kissed and then walked towards the bed (I'm assuming) was just great. I love Max and I even like Will, but it was so obvious that they were still in love with each other.

Sam/Shelly- I know that Sam is in love with Shelly, but I don't think that Shelly is in love with him. She just doesn't want Scarlett to replace her, which is a natural reaction. I loved the scene between David/Sam.

Michael- Where were you??

Next week- S/M kiss!!!! I can't wait to see Will's reaction. It is going to tear their family apart.