Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-26-2004, 08:53 PM
Absolute Fan

"Blood Money" Episode Discussion (12-26-2004)

From the WB:

When Shelley (Tara Thompson) is offered the opportunity to work on her snowboarding with her father (guest star Brent Cullen) at an Olympic training facility in Colorado, Sam (Penn Badgley) finally declares his love for her, assuming she's leaving town. Meanwhile, David (Oliver Hudson) and Maria (Alana De La Garza) continue their illicit affair even though Will (Anson Mount) is now aware of their relationship, thanks to a vengeful Max (Elizabeth Bogush).
Tommy Dewey, Johann Urb, Mitch Pileggi and Barbara Hershey also star. The episode was written by Jesse Stern and directed by Lev Spiro.

Trailer

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

New episode tonight.

Can someone fill me in on what I missed in the last 2 episodes? Those are the only episodes I missed all year.

kenny | credit
Old 12-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

I really can't wait for this episode. I watched the trailer and it just occured to me that Will isn't in it. Or is he? I didn't see him. This is such an important episode. Didn't you love it when Travis said he's there for Max. AAHH sweet. But don't worry I still love David/Max.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:13 PM
Master Fan

I'm so excited there is a new episode tonight!

ALLSTAR: This site [Here. ] has pretty good re-caps. I'm not very good at that kind of stuff but here's a few things.

- Shelly is jealous of Sam and Scarlett.
- Sam and Scarlett have sex ALL THE TIME!
- Michael is now on his own. he is bunking at the staff quarters at Boundry.
- Will proposes to Maria and she accepts.
- David and Maria are secretly back together.
- Max heard Maria talking on her cellphone to David in the ladies room about their affair.
- Max told Will. But the audience didn't see it, we just saw Max telling David that she's never seen a grown man cry like that before.
- Whit [Shelly's father] is working for Colin. [Shelly doesn't know it.]

I know there is a lot I'm missing but I'm soooo tired. Hope this helps!

Rachel
Old 12-27-2004, 12:55 AM
Absolute Fan

yay, time for the show, can't wait to see how it picks up!!!

"can we take a ride, get out of this place while we still have time?"
Old 12-27-2004, 01:57 AM
Elite Fan

WOW! I finally got to see an episode when it aired. And I enjoyed it. The Catfight was Priceless. I'm actually digging Travis/Max for some reason. I'm not feeling Maria/David, it just seems wrong to me. Same goes for Scarlett/Sam. Although, I 'd the song, too funny

Next week's episode looks good.
I cannot believe that Scarlett or Max are pregnant! That is crazy.

I hate seeing Max suffer like this, and I hate how David treated her, and broke her heart. I loathe him at the moment.

kenny | credit
Old 12-27-2004, 02:02 AM
Master Fan

I never really liked Max BUT now I like her a whole lot better then David and Maria right now.

Scarlett needs to stop this whole jealous every 5 minutes thing. It's getting a little annoying.

How uncomfortable do you think Michael was when he was in the room while Sam and Scarlett were arguing about Sam being in love with Shelly?

Still hate Travis. [Well, maybe not as much as I did before. ]

Rachel
Old 12-27-2004, 02:03 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I'm not really liking David or Maria right now. I really don't like the way they treated Max in this episode. They actually had the nerve to be mad at Max after what they did. So what if Max was the one to tell Will about Maria/David, she was angry and hurting. Besides I seriously doubt that Will would have been jumping for joy if Max wasn't the one who told him what happened. Just because they are in love doesn't give them an excuse for the hurt that they caused.

I like Sam/Scarlett and I really hope that they stay together. Michael using the money Max gave him to fix up the rat shack was great, and him being a bust boy is too funny. Although it's good that he's being independent and not just living off his family's money.

All in all I liked the show, except I really didn't like how everyone reacted to David/Maria. It was like "who cares if David screwed over Will, him and Maria belong together so it doesn't matter". Next weeks episode looks interesting.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliya
All in all I liked the show, except I really didn't like how everyone reacted to David/Maria. It was like "who cares if David screwed over Will, him and Maria belong together so it doesn't matter".
I know! That really bugged me. Everyone is hugging them and congratulating them. I was just very confused. I mean, does no one care about Will?

Rachel
Old 12-27-2004, 02:07 AM
Absolute Fan

ok so:

I love david and maria, like alot, but tonight they kind of bothered me. It is like they don't care or something? doesn't even seem like they are sad or remorsful.....maybe it's just me but they seemed not so sad. and that's just not right!

and then also i was expecting for the episode to pick up from when max and david are in the room. I thought that would be great for like david to catch will and them get into some dramatic argument. i actually got a little confused because i was expecting that and i was like "wait where's Will"

anyway.....all of a sudden especially liked Michael in this episode! he was great. he has some one liners that are just so great!

Sam and shelley, well even though i think it's safe to say we all saw the whole "them liking each other" thing happeneing, i think it's cute. especially as far shelley is concerened, she was so great at the end of the episode!

as for next week: wow! can't wait to see what happens! have to say that it should be interesting and i really hope they don't pull a whole brooke/lucas thing with the pregnancy scare.... anyway, i guess it shall be good!!!!!

"can we take a ride, get out of this place while we still have time?"
Old 12-27-2004, 02:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I mean, does no one care about Will?
Right, after this episode I love Will even more now, and I hope that when he comes back that he kicks David's ass.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:11 AM
Extreme Fan

What crap. David really is like the prodigal son, he's like blameless for everything. So disappointed that Will wasn't there to kick his ass like David deserved. They should at least given us Max kicking David's ass instead of kicking Maria's. Yeah, that's right....Max totally kicked Maria's ass. Sorry Maria, keep on thinking you did but Max clearly won.

So like, I'm tired of the whole Shelly/Sam/Scarlett thing already. I'm not sure I understand what's going on. Shelly has never, in my opinion, shown any romantic interest in Sam before but suddenly she's really happy that Sam has declared his love for her? And her attraction to Michael just disappeared? I don't get it.

I thought it was funny how Michael used the $15,000 to fix up the Rat Shack or whatever it's called.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by shlee
So like, I'm tired of the whole Shelly/Sam/Scarlett thing already. I'm not sure I understand what's going on. Shelly has never, in my opinion, shown any romantic interest in Sam before but suddenly she's really happy that Sam has declared his love for her? And her attraction to Michael just disappeared? I don't get it.
I know. I thought we were going to be able to see this whole Forbidden love storyline between M & S but not we get nothing but a few smiles and a kiss on the forehead. And Shelly is suddenly in love with Sam? TPTB need to make up their minds already.

Rachel
Old 12-27-2004, 02:26 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I still LOVE Max! And yes, she definitely kicked Maria's you know what. I am still not liking Maria or David. But I do hope Max really IS pregnant in the next episode. I know she wouldnt lie about that, I dont think she is like that. Scarlett maybe, Max no.

I was actually writing a fanfic with Max being pregnant, and still with David(the one she fell in love with).

I also did NOT like the fact everyone was okay with David and Maria. They hurt Will, his own brother, her own fiancee. Doesnt seem right.

I thought the Sam admitting to Shelly he loved her was cute and even though he said as friends, I think Shelly knows its more than that. I mean, that grin on her face said a lot.

So....it will be interesting to see what happens next week, but I too hope Will comes back and kicks David and Maria to the curb!
Old 12-27-2004, 03:46 AM
Master Fan

Tonights episode felt very disjointed to me, it was like we we're missing an entire episode, where Will confronts Maria and David, Gennie and Shelley find out about the affair, Colin leaves town, Michael gets comfortable at the 'rat shack', hell I really would have loved to have seen the scene where Maria and David decided they we're going to be together. I mean I love Maria/David as a couple, I love the angst there between them. Last episode we had this totally emotional scene where Maria basically tells him they can't be together now, and he says he can't wait. Now suddenly this episode they're all happy and together. There was a lot missing.

Maria/David/Max: Last episode Maria and David are racked with guilt, this episode not so much. I didn't like that. I really didn't like their attitude about Max telling Will. Um yeah, Max was being vengeful and a bitch, she was hurt. But, whether Max told Will or they did, the affair happened, they betrayed him. Max just told, the true hurt came from them. I think they focused on Max telling him because they didn't want to deal with their own guilt and ruin their new happiness together. I think once Will comes back the reality is going to crash in on them and really shatter their joy. I was totally shocked at the pregnancy thing from next episode, I doin't think Max is truly pregnant, I think she's being spiteful with David for revenge which was hinted at this episode. And if she is pregnant, it's not his, it's Travis's. They're not going to saddle David with a kid, especially when I think it's clear the show is going for Maria/David as the big love story. David proved this episode whatever small feeling he had for Max, wasn't long lasting. I think Max will get her revenge on him though, because this baby 'lie'(imo) is going to tear Maria/David apart, I don't think Maria will deal with it well at all, it looked like she was really upset in the promo. This whole thing is such a tangled mess, I love Maria/David as a couple, but I can already see happiness is going to evade them for a while.

Shelly/Scarlett/Sam/Michael: I am SO confused here. I have always understood that Sam was 'in love' with Shelly, but she has never shown she was 'in love' with him. Yes, she loves him, yes she is possessive of him, but I don't think she has romantic feelings for him. I think her joy is that she knows she still has him, Scarlett has not taken her place in his heart, and it's selfish of course, but I think thats exactly how Shelly feels. I'm confused with Michael as well, he is very ambiguous about his feelings for Shelly, there are moments when that attraction seeps through, but he's been pretty good about keeping it in check. Shelly's feelings for Michael are equally ambiguous, her jealously over S&S has taken the forefront. I don't know where the show is going here, I'm thinking Sam/Shelly coming to a head now, might mean better for longterm MS, but I miss MS. I would have loved to have seen Michael's 'goodbye' to her. There is hope though, in the promo before the show, there was an MS kiss, so EEE!

Whitney