Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Head want Dolly (View Post)
Welcome again

The important thing is that you found and enjoyed the show at all

Yeah, the beginning of their friendship and the development of their relationship over the seasons is very sweet albeit sometimes frustrating to watch
It was angsty - I love villain Lauren though (in general - I'm not the biggest shipper) that made the season really fantastic for me
I adore that part of every ship for some reason. I loved their awkward date aaah.

Exactly!! Lauren made it so frustratingly amazing. I loved it. I was so glad she turned out to be evil too, it made them getting back together much easier.

Slightly OT but what other couples do you guys ship?
Old 07-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Yes! That was so funny

Hmm, as mentioned I'm not big on the shipping thing, but besides Syd and Vaughn I really like Irina/Jack
Let's put it the other way around: the only "ship" I don't like at all is Will/anyone

T.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Extreme Fan

For me, Alias is all about Jack's relationships with Irina and Sydney. Both are so awesome. Where's the Drunken toasters thread....
Old 07-27-2012, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitargirl77 (View Post)
For me, Alias is all about Jack's relationships with Irina and Sydney.
So, how does in your opinion Vaughn play into this for Syd and her relationship to Jack?

T.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just rewatched all of season 1 and am in the middle of season two. Vaughn and Sydney will always be one of the greatest tv pairings for me.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceWithLife (View Post)
I just rewatched all of season 1 and am in the middle of season two. Vaughn and Sydney will always be one of the greatest tv pairings for me.
For sure. s1 and s2 are amaazing for sydney and vaughn. I literally remember watching it for the first time (just a few months ago) and being like WHERE has this great couple been all my life?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
So, how does in your opinion Vaughn play into this for Syd and her relationship to Jack?

I was more emotionally into Jack and Sydney's father/daughter relationship than Sydney and Vaughn's romantic relationship.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
For me, Alias is all about Jack's relationships with Irina and Sydney. Both are so awesome. Where's the Drunken toasters thread....
Complex family issues that's for sure
Three strong and amazing characters. Jack/Sydney is my favorite relationship of the show and it's saying a lot because i'm a tv couples freak lol and i love Syd/Vaughn deeply
As for Irina, well she was definitely something and she added SO MUCH drama and substance to the show.

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer
Old 07-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by livin4foxy (View Post)
For sure. s1 and s2 are amaazing for sydney and vaughn. I literally remember watching it for the first time (just a few months ago) and being like WHERE has this great couple been all my life?
What I love about season 1 and 2 is that the writers took their time with Sydney and Vaughn.

Nowadays TV shows tend to rush things - often times to appease and satisfy impatient viewers. But I like that on Alias, they did not sacrifice build-up for pay-off. I like that it took a while to get this relationship passed the friendship line. And I like that their connection grew over time in a believable way.

I really hate when shows feel like they have to get their main characters together by the end of season 1 in order to retain their viewers. It's frustrating as a shipper to have to wait for the good stuff, but as a TV lover and a writer myself, I find it so much more layered and gratifying when it's not rushed.

Sydney and Vaughn, for me, were a great example of perfect pacing in season 1 and 2.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Quote:

I was more emotionally into Jack and Sydney's father/daughter relationship than Sydney and Vaughn's romantic relationship.
Same here, I was just interested in your opinion on this particular dynamic
Quote:
Nowadays TV shows tend to rush things - often times to appease and satisfy impatient viewers. But I like that on Alias, they did not sacrifice build-up for pay-off. I like that it took a while to get this relationship passed the friendship line. And I like that their connection grew over time in a believable way.
I agree They might have gotten tangled up with many other plots on this show, but they did an amazing job with the two of them - even through out S3 and beyond imho
Quote:
I really hate when shows feel like they have to get their main characters together by the end of season 1 in order to retain their viewers. It's frustrating as a shipper to have to wait for the good stuff, but as a TV lover and a writer myself, I find it so much more layered and gratifying when it's not rushed.
That's true - it's also irritating to me that characters on TV shows have to end up with anyone at all though I guess I'm on a different end of this altogether

T.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceWithLife (View Post)
What I love about season 1 and 2 is that the writers took their time with Sydney and Vaughn.

Sydney and Vaughn, for me, were a great example of perfect pacing in season 1 and 2.
Yeah definitely! They took their time, built it up, didn't do cheap cute scenes to reel the viewers in or to higher the ratings. I loove that they spent a lot of time btu at the same time didnt drag it out unaturally or painfully. It literally was probably the best executed couple I've ever seen on TV. But to be honest it fell short in season 5 and 4.. although I did get REALLY freakin sad in season 5 when I though Vaughn was dead.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Quote:
But to be honest it fell short in season 5 and 4..
Do you mean the screentime or the relationship in general?

T.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Do you mean the screentime or the relationship in general?
I mean the quality fell short. I think the writing just got worse and they just didn't write Syd&Vaughn the way they used to, i felt that it was less valued... if that makes sense.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Quote:
I mean the quality fell short. I think the writing just got worse and they just didn't write Syd&Vaughn the way they used to, i felt that it was less valued... if that makes sense.
Hmm, I think I get what you mean - they did juggle a lot of plotlines in the later seasons I personally can't really see a decline in quality regarding Syd/Vaughn though Do you have some specific episode(s)/storyline in mind that could show this?

T.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Extreme Fan

The season 4 episode where Syd and Vaughn went undercover in the village (forget the title, Liberty Village?) was plenty hot (ahem, shower scene)! Of course, then I think of the blooper.

I also like when the writers take longer to put "the" couple together. But for the most part, when there are 2 young, attractive people, you know they are going to end up together anyway!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread