Register

Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Impressions
I mean Bradley will be on there, how could I not?
He is?! I'm so watching!
Old 09-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I wish I was able to watch more than just ABC or CBS -- reception
Old 09-15-2004, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

Bradley was added to the cast, not sure when he makes his first appearence though . I might have to check that out.

Yellow Mustang Girl - nice to meet you too, I tend to get off topic a lot anyway .
who you will be.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Impressions
Bradley was added to the cast, not sure when he makes his first appearence though . I might have to check that out.

Yellow Mustang Girl - nice to meet you too, I tend to get off topic a lot anyway .
He he -- Yeah, my posts, especially on Guardian Angel, are off, too. Good thing we have this thread.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:08 AM
Master Fan

hehe. Ok, lets see....what to talk about . Well, school has been crazy. So much work, that I have to take everything in incrimints or I'll get over-whelmed .

I just rented Man on Fire and The Punisher, haven't had the chance to see them yet however. I've been a little too obsessed with watching my Alias dvd atm.
who you will be.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

A little obsessed with the Alisa DVD? Impressions, me too.

I'm just working, working, working. I might get to go rapelling this weekend, though.

I haven't heard of those two movies. Let us know if they are any good.

Carol
Old 09-18-2004, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I dislike Leroy.

Leroy is my temporary service advisor at Ford. I took my car to the Ford dealership for it’s regular oil change, and, this time, for a check-up. My car (perhaps the transmission) has something wrong with it. When I’m driving it feels like it’s in the wrong, gear, perhaps a gear lower.

So I told Leroy this, that is, I told him this after discovering that David, my regular service advisor was in Little Rock for the day. Leroy wanted to know if my car whined. “No. It just feels like it’s in a lower gear, like second gear” (I was later informed by a more knowing person of the male species that it’s not in second gear, maybe third or fourth. If it were in second gear, it would wind out at some high pitch or rpm or some other car technical term). Leroy then asked me if my car shifted gears. “Um… I guess. I mean, the shifts are noticeable or hard or anything, but I’m assuming it’s shifting some kind of gear since it’s going.” Again, Leroy asks if it whine. “No. It just sounds loud like it’s in a lower gear.” Leroy asks again, “does it sound like it’s whining” I laugh off my frustration – “no. There’s just something wrong. I don’t know what.” “But it doesn’t whine?” “NO!” Laughing, I explain to ole Leroy, who, by the way, worked with my cousin (or so he told me in between asking if the car whines and chatting on the phone)… I explain to Leroy that last time I thought something might be wrong with my transmission, David, my service advisor, discovered it was my air conditioning. David knows me. David has been with me through the dangling think that ended up being a loose exhaust clamp, David has been with me through the time his workers left off my oil cap and I blew over two quarts of oil on the motor on my drive to Tulsa – in fact, he steam cleaned my engine and hand washed my car for me over that one! David knows what’s wrong with my even when I don’t. When I brought the car in with my transmission last time, I explained to him that when I put the car in gear, there was a loud popping sound… not always, just sometimes. He checked out my transmission, found nothing wrong, but continued to check other stuff. Turns out my car had too much from – when I had my air conditioning service, they put too much freon in, so it was blowing back out. When I started my car and put it in gear, I turned on the air. It just so happened both occurred about the same time.

David knows my car and me. Leroy does not. Once again, Leroy asked if my car whined. Finally, I asked, “What do you mean by whine”. So he proceeds to attempt to sound it out – “eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.” No, my car does not go “eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.” It just feels like something is wrong, like it’s in the wrong gear. Perhaps, I suggest, they can service the transmission, or check my maintenance file and see if it’s time for a service.

So I left, leaving my car in the hands of Leroy, him saying he’ll check my service records. Four hours later Leroy calls to tell me the oil is changed, but he hasn’t had the transmission looked at. Can we reschedule? No, we can’t. Has he looked at my service record to see if my car needs the transmission service? No he hasn’t. He will and he’ll call back. He doesn’t, so I call back three and a half hours later, suggesting I leave the car overnight and get a ride home with Sis. He says someone drove my car and really couldn’t tell anything wrong. It did need rotors though. Laughing I told him that sounded about right – I go in for transmission and need brakes. By the way, do I need a transmission service? He hasn’t checked yet. But they do think I need a fuel filter. Did my service record show I’d had one? He hadn’t checked.

Hoping for better things on the next day, I came home yesterday and lounged in the hot tub, (not a real hot tub, just my bathtub full of hot water). I ate cheesecake ice cream from Marble Slab Creamery, watched Survivor and CSI and graded essays.

However, today did not bring any better news. Leroy gave my car back without fixing any problems… suggesting it is a wheel bearing or maybe a fuel filter. He’ll call back on Monday.

Yeah, I’ll make sure I get David on Monday.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:42 AM
Master Fan

I can see how that can be frustrating. Coincidently, my regular mechanic is also named David .

The movies, were so so. I wasn't completely shocked with either one. But Mean Girls comes out on Tuesday, been wanting to see that for some time.
who you will be.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Ashley Maybe David's just make good mechanics

By the way, I went rapelling yesterday. We hiked a two mile trail, thinking we'd get to rapell at the end. No such luck. And idiot that I am wore shorts. Last time we went rapelling the trail was pretty clear. This other trail was not. We had to blaze our way through briars and all kinds of other icky things like poison ivy, poison oak, and nasty weeds. I have these annoying scratches all over my ankles, calves, and kness. And I ended up with a monster blister on my ankle. It's gross -- all oozing and bloody. Yuck! It'll be flip flops for me for a week or so. However, after hiking back down the two mile trail, I did get to find a spot to rapell!

Carol
Old 09-25-2004, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Wow, that sounds amazing. I would like to go repelling, it sounds like it would be a blast, besides the blister part .

Not a lot of adventure for me I'm afraid. Just been relaxing. Rented Mean Girls, not quite what I expected. I think it was because it was so hyped, "such an amazing movie," that I expected more than I got
who you will be.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Ashley, Let me tell you...I've only been rapelling twice in my life and the first time I was scared to death!

I haven't seen Mean Girls, yet, but thought about renting it last night. We ended up watching Man of Fire, Man of War, no... what was it.. something with Denzel Washington being a bodyguard and searching for a little girl who was kidnapped in Mexico City.... I'm not good at remembering names of movies.

Carol
Old 09-28-2004, 04:11 AM
Master Fan

Carol, Man on Fire . I thought that movie was a little odd and it was slow in some areas. Plus, I kind of knew everything that was going to happen .

At the moment, I am trying to study up on some information about giving blood. I am volunteering to work at a blood drive and I need to be able to answer people's questions. Not exactly comforting to the donor if the person doesn't know anything
who you will be.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Oooo...... I've never been able to give blood :shudder: When I have to have blood tests, they have to use a butterfly needle (what they use on children)... ugh!

Well, my four-wheeler was stolen this weekend I went to the lake for one last outing and someone stole my four-wheeler!
Old 10-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

That's just crazy. I'm so sorry

I'm not having much luck over here. I'm currently overwhelmed with school work I do not know how to function. My biggest difficulty, memorizing probably the longest speech ever written, ok maybe just slightly exaggerating , and to put top it all off it has to be in Spanish. I don't know spanish, I don't know if what I have written even makes sense. So there is a high probability that I will make a fool of myself
who you will be.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Still no luck on recovering the four-wheeler. Ugh.

And oh, my, you need lots of luck if you have to memorize some speech in Spanish