Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008, 12:44 PM
  #61
Fan Forum Star

 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 159,981
Quote:
And I can't wait to see the Robert/Lisa scenes Hugh was "gushing" about
Aww, his gushing was so funny. And the way Lisa playfully slapped his arm, I think for once she was actually a little embarrassed.

Quote:
it may sound weird or sadistic, but the fact that they are both unhappy is a big part of their personalities and reason why they act (around each other) how they do and would this change something would be missing
ITA. The fact that they're both flawed and pretty miserable is a huge part of what makes them....them if you like. At least to me. I don't think either of them will ever be truly happy, which is why I think they'd do well trying to be a little less miserable together.
tender looks is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 12:51 PM
  #62
Fan Forum Hero

 
Big Head want Dolly's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Alias
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 56,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Light (View Post)
ITA. The fact that they're both flawed and pretty miserable is a huge part of what makes them....them if you like. At least to me. I don't think either of them will ever be truly happy, which is why I think they'd do well trying to be a little less miserable together.
Yeah I think you're right about that
The less miserable together argument is often used to defend the OT3 as well They are all three so ****ed up they are perfect for each other

Ugh...my new roommate is in the kitchen for more than an hour nowOther people need to cook too...
__________________
Leslie Knope: “There are no consequences to my actions any more!
No matter what I do, literally nothing bad can happen to me.
I’m like a white, male US Senator.”

Taschka
Big Head want Dolly is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 12:56 PM
  #63
Fan Forum Star

 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 159,981
Quote:
They are all three so ****ed up they are perfect for each other
Exactly, they make quite the trio.

Quote:
Ugh...my new roommate is in the kitchen for more than an hour nowOther people need to cook too...
More than an hour, are they cooking a three course banquet or something? I try to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible, given that making toast, boiling an egg and shoving something in the microwave basically sums up my "cooking" abilities.
tender looks is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 01:01 PM
  #64
Fan Forum Hero

 
Big Head want Dolly's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Alias
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 56,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Light (View Post)
More than an hour, are they cooking a three course banquet or something? I try to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible, given that making toast, boiling an egg and shoving something in the microwave basically sums up my "cooking" abilities.
I have no idea, but chinese stuff takes a bit longer to cook than European food
I'm kind of used to it because my former roommates were both Chinese as well

But if I was hungry, which I'm not anymore now, it would be great if I could use the kitchen too Not that I can cook anything beyond spaghetti and all the stuff you just listed
__________________
Leslie Knope: “There are no consequences to my actions any more!
No matter what I do, literally nothing bad can happen to me.
I’m like a white, male US Senator.”

Taschka
Big Head want Dolly is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 01:06 PM
  #65
Fan Forum Star

 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 159,981
Chinese food is awesome. Particularly chicken chow mein.

Quote:
Not that I can cook anything beyond spaghetti and all the stuff you just listed
Home Economics (basically a fancy word for cooking and food prep) was one of my worst classes at school. I usually ended up tossing everything I made in the bin the minute I left the room after the bell rang, I wouldn't have fed it to a dog, or any living creature for that matter.
tender looks is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 01:13 PM
  #66
Fan Forum Hero

 
Big Head want Dolly's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Alias
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 56,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Light (View Post)
Chinese food is awesome. Particularly chicken chow mein.
One thing I learned pretty fast: real Chinese food is far from what you get at Chinese restaurants here They use the most interesting/disgusting/fascinating ingrediences and spices and it tastes unlike anything I had ever tasted before in my life
There are some dishes I really learned to love and others that make me shudder just thinking about them

Quote:
Home Economics (basically a fancy word for cooking and food prep) was one of my worst classes at school. I usually ended up tossing everything I made in the bin the minute I left the room after the bell rang, I wouldn't have fed it to a dog, or any living creature for that matter.
Sounds like fun We never had classes like that at school
I would have been really bad at that as well
__________________
Leslie Knope: “There are no consequences to my actions any more!
No matter what I do, literally nothing bad can happen to me.
I’m like a white, male US Senator.”

Taschka
Big Head want Dolly is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 01:23 PM
  #67
Fan Forum Star

 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 159,981
Quote:
Sounds like fun We never had classes like that at school
You also had to do sewing as well. I wasn't good at that either, I could barely thread the machine nevermind use it, I'm totally and utterly hopeless at practical things.

My other worst class was Physical Education - utter nightmare. I even bunked it a few times, and I was a goody two shoes prefect, so that shows you how much I hated it.
tender looks is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 01:28 PM
  #68
Fan Forum Hero

 
Big Head want Dolly's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Alias
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 56,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Light (View Post)
You also had to do sewing as well. I wasn't good at that either, I could barely thread the machine nevermind use it, I'm totally and utterly hopeless at practical things.
Oh my...that sounds exactly like me On one hand it's good to learn stuff like that (if the boys learn it too...my mom told me classes like these were only mandatory for girls when she went to school) on the other I absolutely detest this stuff and would have done everything to get out of those classes

Quote:
My other worst class was Physical Education - utter nightmare. I even bunked it a few times, and I was a goody two shoes prefect, so that shows you how much I hated it.
I liked P.E. at school--we had a few great teachers and were allowed to do pretty much anything...rugby, baseball, soccer, dancing, acrobatics ...and the list goes on
__________________
Leslie Knope: “There are no consequences to my actions any more!
No matter what I do, literally nothing bad can happen to me.
I’m like a white, male US Senator.”

Taschka
Big Head want Dolly is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 01:34 PM
  #69
Fan Forum Star

 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 159,981
Quote:
(if the boys learn it too...my mom told me classes like these were only mandatory for girls when she went to school)
It was the same when my Mum was at school, but when I was there boys had to do that class as well. Some of the boys were better cooks than the girls, it was rather embarrassing.

Quote:
I liked P.E. at school--we had a few great teachers and were allowed to do pretty much anything...rugby, baseball, soccer, dancing, acrobatics
I would have loved to get a shot at football/rugby, but the girls weren't allowed, we had to do stupid hockey and netball. And don't even mention athletics and cross country running, my idea of HELL.
tender looks is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 01:40 PM
  #70
Fan Forum Hero

 
Big Head want Dolly's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Alias
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 56,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Light (View Post)
It was the same when my Mum was at school, but when I was there boys had to do that class as well. Some of the boys were better cooks than the girls, it was rather embarrassing.
Interesting

Quote:
I would have loved to get a shot at football/rugby, but the girls weren't allowed, we had to do stupid hockey and netball. And don't even mention athletics and cross country running, my idea of HELL.
Ugh that sucks Since our school was pretty small we had classes together with the boys (except for swimming) and that was really a lot of fun
Oh I hated athletics as well...we had to do a bit of that so the teachers could give us marks
We did cross country running a few times when the gym was occupied or the weather was really really bad(!)...it was hysterical
__________________
Leslie Knope: “There are no consequences to my actions any more!
No matter what I do, literally nothing bad can happen to me.
I’m like a white, male US Senator.”

Taschka
Big Head want Dolly is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 01:44 PM
  #71
Fan Forum Legend

 
Violent Delights's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 341,131
WTH Cat! I can't even read the posts here now! I still haven't watched the ep!
__________________
It's a road that I've been down before
I ain't gonna do that $*!* no more
I got fed up, need a change up
Gotta tell ya, it never felt much better
〰️ TATTOO 〰️ Visit K-Pop!
- icon - Dave
Violent Delights is online now  
Old 10-23-2008, 01:55 PM
  #72
Fan Forum Star

 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 159,981
Quote:
WTH Cat! I can't even read the posts here now! I still haven't watched the ep!
WTF? Stop being so slow and get your arse to watching it then.
tender looks is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 01:58 PM
  #73
Fan Forum Hero

 
Big Head want Dolly's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Alias
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 56,036
Oh my...I thought you had already seen 5x05 Dave
Good thing we didn't go into detail
__________________
Leslie Knope: “There are no consequences to my actions any more!
No matter what I do, literally nothing bad can happen to me.
I’m like a white, male US Senator.”

Taschka
Big Head want Dolly is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 02:02 PM
  #74
Fan Forum Star

 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 159,981
Dave, if you haven't watched the new ep by this time next week, then sorry but you are going to be spoiled all over the place. Because I will be talking about it everywhere.
tender looks is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 02:03 PM
  #75
Fan Forum Legend

 
Violent Delights's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 341,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Light (View Post)
WTF? Stop being so slow and get your arse to watching it then.
I might do, might not
Quote:
Oh my...I thought you had already seen 5x05 Dave
Not in the mood to watch it atm

Have you seen the new pictures that Carol posted, Taschka?
Quote:
Dave, if you haven't watched the new ep by this time next week, then sorry but you are going to be spoiled all over the place. Because I will be talking about it everywhere.
I'll just stay away from FF then easy
__________________
It's a road that I've been down before
I ain't gonna do that $*!* no more
I got fed up, need a change up
Gotta tell ya, it never felt much better
〰️ TATTOO 〰️ Visit K-Pop!
- icon - Dave
Violent Delights is online now  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Alias Connection
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:51 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2022.

Copyright © 1998-2022, Fan Forum.


TEST