Remember Me?
Register

Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie- (View Post)
Isi Sounds great! I went to Vienna this year for four days and loved it. It's such a pretty quaint city, you'll love it. What do you plan on seeing?
Uhm, well on Monday we'll head off to Vienna at 6:30 am and since it takes ages to get there (even by train) we'll arrive some time around 6:00 pm. So Monday evening will probably be getting settled.
Tuesday will be our history day with a tour through Vienna. We're going to see every sight in reach.
Wednesday we'll go to the technical museum I think. Apart from that we don't know yet. And in the afternoon we'll probably have some time to go and eat Sacher cake (hehe, we're like 23 students and it's 17 girls and 6 boys so we voted on going out for cake *lol*).
Thursday will be an art day. We'll probably walk around Vienna and get to see some modern art things. I think we're going to see the Hundertwasser House, too.
And Friday will be a political day. We're going to hear a UN lecture, I think.
Yeah that's pretty much it. Saturday we'll go home again. Oh and everyone has to give a presentation about something. Gladly my friend and I have to write a report about Thursday. And because we already had the topic 'modern art' last year in Arts it'll be easy to sum everything up.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

So much good David/John goodness Thanks a bunch! I have to watch his appearance on the Friday Night Project soon. I've downloaded it but still haven't watched it

Isi: sounds like a good plan, hope you have fun
Old 11-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Hi fellow Alias fans

Sorry I haven't been my usual (or perhaps old ...er... previous because I'm not OLD ) posty self .... It's just been a busy few weeks ..... Such is life

And I'm not even going to attempt to catch up with y'all's posts If I missed anything major, someone please update me

However, it's Saturday! And I've had a good day! And I'm being totally lazy tonight.... for at least a few hours anyway

I hope y'all have an awesome weekend I'm sure I'll be back online tomorrow

Carol
Old 11-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Carol i'm glad we have our mods back.

We get an extra hour tomorrow, right? Daylight Savings and all....
Old 11-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

Yep, an extra hour more time to study for that calculus quiz.

In other news, today was my college's Ring Ceremony. This is an official-like description I found on the Internet:
Quote:
The Cedar Crest College Ring Ceremony is a traditional rite of passage that dates back to 1943. At this long-awaited event, juniors receive their gold college rings with black onyx stones engraved with CCC.
However, as I learned this afternoon, technically it's been around longer than that since the alumna who spoke (mother of one classmate) said that her aunt received her ring in 1933. So whatever. It was a pleasant ceremony all in all. However, I didn't get my ring. Not right away at least.

For you see, I got someone else's ring. I went first, as the last name starts with A. As the dean of student affairs put the ring on my finger, I noticed that it was silver. I pondered briefly, "Didn't I order a yellow gold ring?" And I was right. Also this ring was a little snug. So I attempted to take it off once I was near my seat. Eventually, I got it off. Then I attempted to read the inscription so I could give it to its rightful owner. And I can read it. Go me! It says the name of a classmate I know, Amanda B. She's about five seats away from me so I can't quite get her attention. However, I am able to get classmate Gabriella A's attention (she's not right next to me, but on the other side of the person next to me) who then gets her friend Candace B's attention (a few seats away from Gaby) and Candace is right next to Amanda. So when I have Amanda's attention, I mouth "I have your ring." So we swap (discreetly). I get the ring Amanda got and Amanda gets the ring I got, her rightful ring.

I then attempt to read the inscription on the ring Amanda passed up to me. I think it reads Amy, but I'm not quite sure. I know it's an 18K yellow gold ring with some inscription along with Jostens (another clue, since we ordered from Herff Jones) and B.S. 2000. Though it did have the black onyx stone with the intertwined CCC. I mouth to a girl I think is the owner (I didn't know her, but she was right ahead of my friend Kasey P so I figured she was Amy) as she was nearish to me now since she was in the second line. She doesn't get out of line, obviously, but doesn't think it's hers. So I just hold the ring until the end of the ceremony.

Once the ceremony is over, I begin telling my story to people. How I didn't get my ring and that the ring I was holding was still not mine. I ask Tammy, Community Service Coordinator person, if she can read it. She can't so tells me to go to the associate dean (junior class advisor as well). I go back into the gym and call out her name. And then I give her the ring I was holding and she gives me my ring and my ring box.

Ah! finally. I double check and yes, it is my ring.

The End.

Oh oh. My roommate tells me that the associate dean realised I didn't have my ring during the ceremony 'cause the associate dean tells her that "Hey, I have your roommate's ring."
I made my icon.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurendbs (View Post)
Carol i'm glad we have our mods back.

We get an extra hour tomorrow, right? Daylight Savings and all....
We got that extra hour last weekend already.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

In the US the end of Daylight Savings Time was changed to end this weekend..... I love getting that extra hour of sleep, but I hate not having as much daylight in the evening

I am sitting on the couch in my sunroom, posting on and watching The Replacements for the second time this weekend

I like to have something on TV when I post, something to sorta watch while I wait for my slow dial-up to connect me However, I can’t watch something that draws me in too much or I get distracted from I’ve seen The Replacements multiple times, so I don’t get too drawn in. I want to watch the next CD of the S2 of Bones that I borrowed from Sis but I’ll wait until I finish my posting so I can actually watch the episodes. I get way too caught up in those

Ooo… that leads me to a cool Random Question of the Day : what do you typically do when you post on ?

And guess what I’m wearing while I sit here? Shorts and a t-shirt! On November 4th! It has been crazy weather this year. It’s going to be close to 80 degrees Fahrenheit today
Old 11-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

I'm so thankful I upgraded from dial up

Quote:
what do you typically do when you post on FF?
I usually browse youtube or look at some pretty icons Sometimes i'll watch tv.

The weather is actually cool today, i'm still on my pjs thank god for Sunday
Old 11-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
what do you typically do when you post on FF?
I usually chat with my best friend and/or watch some tv show I need to catch up on.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Elite Fan

So, the work thing turned out to be nothing worth sharing. I never even met the guy. So, it was odd. But, everyone was on edge for most of the day.

My sales month ended pretty stellar. I actually exceeded my quota, so I will have a nice commissions check at the end of this month. Which means my family/friends will get some nice gifts this year.

This weekend I got to really relax. I sat back most of Saturday and cleaned out my TiVo, program after program. I'm down to Bionic Woman, that's it. And I watched Final Destination 3 yesterday. Weird movie. Lots of gore and carnage, but most of it was so cheesy and overdone. Especially a scene involving two girls in tanning booths being fried to death. Not fun to watch.

I went out to dinner with my sister last night. It was fun. We actually got along and enjoyed eachothers company. It's hard to figure her out sometimes, but it's nice to see we can get past all the sibling rivalry.

I made the mistake of going to work today. What a waste of time. I left in less then 3 hours. I'll deal with that torture tomorrow.

icon
Old 11-05-2007, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Hello everybody

Did you all have a nice weekend?
It's going to be a very short stop for me today
Our classes run late and now I only have 20 minutes lunch-break

But I wanted at least say Hi!

Have a nice day

Taschka
Old 11-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Lauren I want to upgrade from dial-up, but it will be a while

Isi I guess you chat with an Instant Messanger? Because of my dial-up, I can't do that

Ken I haven't seen any of the Final Destintation movies ...:shudder:

Taschka Have a great day yourself!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:17 AM
Master Fan

The tanning/death scene was beyond eek. I think the first movie was way better. Taschka hopefully things will settle down for you soon, Carol i'm sorry to hear that
Old 11-06-2007, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Hey

Thanks Carol and Lauren
I have a little bit more time today One of our professors called in sick this morning and apparently she wont be better the next couple of days--bad for her, good for me

Anyway---See you around

Taschka
Old 11-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Ken I'm just not really a fan of horror movies at all

Taschka Yeah, your poor prof, but at least you have some time off now

Lauren So you've seen the movies too?

Two weekends ago, Sis and I participated in the local Paint the Park Pink, a walk to raise awareness (and money) for Breast Cancer. My aunt and mom joined us, though mom didn't really walk.

Here are some pics form the event

Sis putting on the temporary tatyoo

See the tattoo

And Sis's tattoo

Me, mom, and Sis

Sis and I posing with one the large pink ribbons that was tied to trees all around the park!

Me after the walk with tattoo still in place

Sis and I after the walk