Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2022, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by postie (View Post)
For me, it isn't just that he saves her from creepy party guy. It was more that he was just a really good friend to her the whole episode. He knows she likes Dawson, and encourages her to go to the party because he knew Dawson would be there without Jen (thanks to Billy drama). He was essentially nudging Joey to make her move. Then Dawson ditches Joey as soon as Jen shows up, leaving her waiting for a drink that never comes. So then Joey starts drinking with party boy, and when that goes south, Pacey notices and steps in. Joey passes out and when she wakes, she thinks Dawson is the one who saves her (because she's a love sick puppy, also super drunk). Dawson and Pacey carry her back home, and Pacey watches the waking baby so that Dawson can put her to bed. She kisses Dawson. Afterwards, Dawson thinks she was just confused (because he's Dawson), and Pacey tries to knock some sense to him. But alas Dawson's still smitten for Jen (even though she was treating him terribly all episode).

Pacey was working both sides behind the scenes trying to put Dawson and Joey together, essentially for no other reason than he cares about both of them. Especially Joey, who he was watching out for the whole time, while Dawson forgot about her. This helped develop a theme in Dawson's creek where on the surface, Dawson is supposed to be the stand-up "good guy", while Pacey is the trouble maker "bad boy", but underneath we see Pacey really showing up for his friends, while Dawson just takes Joey for granted. Dawson was more mature on the outside, while Pacey was more mature on the inside. It's no wonder most fans are team Pacey.
So so True

icon credit: crash landing
Old 08-05-2022, 09:26 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Lovely album.
Old 08-06-2022, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Awesome album!
Old 08-06-2022, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh how far they've come

Last edited by JJH85; 08-06-2022 at 09:09 PM
Old 08-06-2022, 09:51 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Great video. Like Pacey said, it was Dawson that pushed him towards Joey in the first place. So that's why that will be the only time I say "Thanks Dawson!" lol.
Old 08-07-2022, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

The great videos keep coming!
Old 08-07-2022, 03:49 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

They get better and better, but Pacey and Joey are a beehive of endless honey lol.
Old 08-07-2022, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It still amazes me that they are so beloved and talked about so many years after the show ended. Next year will be 20 years since it ended and look at all the content still being created about them.

Last edited by JJH85; 08-07-2022 at 08:10 PM
Old 08-07-2022, 08:24 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

It's crazy I kind of forgot Dawson's Creek ended almost 20 years ago, I keep remembering Buffy is coming up on almost being over for 20 years too. I forgot both Buffy and DC ended in 2003. Maybe it's because I felt Buffy's final season (cause S6 is Buffy's "worst" season for me even though I do think it has some realistic storylines in that season like Willow's magic addiction) was stronger than Dawson's Creek, cause like I said I didn't really like S5 and 6. S6's only saving grace was reuniting Pacey and Joey. Besides that, I think DC's last two seasons suck but I'll be forever grateful that Pacey/Joey were endgame.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

I agree that Buffy retained its quality way better in its later seasons than Dawson's. I'm watching Buffy season 4 now, which I remember being one the weaker seasons, but the episodes I watched yesterday were SO GOOD.

Dawson's seasons 5 and 6 mostly just feel like killing time.. characters perusing dudd romances that you know aren't going to last and were never compelling. They turn sweet lovable Jack into this grotesque drunk frat boy, Jen never gets a good romance (except briefly with Dawson). And Joey doesn't even feel like Joey anymore for most of it. Professor Wilder? yuck. Turn Pacey into a stock broker? Double yuck.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:27 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I always loved S4 of Buffy, I feel it gets too much hate IMO. I don't remember much with Jack, and I remember Jen not really getting any good romances then they end the series by killing her off SMH. I remember Pacey being a stockbroker of course, and WAY too much Joey the last two seasons. I kind of remember Joey dating her professor (Which is extremely inappropriate. Not as bad as statutory rape Pacey/Tamara but ick) and wasn't he played by RH/Todd Manning from One Life to Live? That's mainly the only real memory I have from that mess. Just reminds me why (besides the P/J S6 episodes) I can't rewatch that garbage lol. After S4, I'm out!
Old 08-08-2022, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Always love the "alive" parallel!
Old 08-08-2022, 02:00 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Me too, I love that they both made each other feel that way *heart flutters*
Old 08-08-2022, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I always loved S4 of Buffy, I feel it gets too much hate IMO. I don't remember much with Jack, and I remember Jen not really getting any good romances then they end the series by killing her off SMH. I remember Pacey being a stockbroker of course, and WAY too much Joey the last two seasons. I kind of remember Joey dating her professor (Which is extremely inappropriate. Not as bad as statutory rape Pacey/Tamara but ick) and wasn't he played by RH/Todd Manning from One Life to Live? That's mainly the only real memory I have from that mess. Just reminds me why (besides the P/J S6 episodes) I can't rewatch that garbage lol. After S4, I'm out!
No, RH played another professor of Joey's in S6 and Joey was like a nanny to his teenage daughter Harley. Pacey and Joey chaperoned her dance in Love Bites.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

A weird piece of trivia is that Professor Wilder (same name and actor) appears in the show Californication. I haven't seen it, but I read about it. It's a weird shared universe, because the shows are so different XD
Closed Thread   Post New Thread