Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2015, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms X (View Post)
Season 3 is probably my second least favourite now. The honour of least goes to Season 6 where I just am not sure they should have made the season at all. Lol.

I think for balance, Pacey's character was pretty well developed during this season and I enjoyed his interaction with Buzz, his mentee. I do also like Pacey's troubles with facing feelings for Joey. However much I dislike Pacey & Joey together, I think there's a good realism in how Pacey tried to deal with his feelings.

However I do sort of begin to feel that this was the season where it became about Joey. It's not as in your face as later seasons but I think you can pretty much sense Joey is the it girl now. And I disliked that. Hugely.
I agree. I still liked Joey season 3, but she did get annoying.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
You did fine with your sentences.

I do disagree about DC being the best teen show ever made if it ended after S1. I really think that it would have gotten forgotten very quickly and we wouldn't be here still talking about it 15 years later. Although S1 did end on a good note for how the season was set up, it didn't entirely cover the real teen dramas that can happen which is what I think S1-S4 did. They could have ended it after S4 and it still would have been remembered.

I think aside from Eve, my least favourite thing about S3 was Dawson. He started out strong, but ended up a bit a dick. It was hard to get to like him again after that.
If DC ended in S1, I think it would've been remembered as a cute "girl gets boy in the end" type of deal, but not a part of 90s pop culture like it is. There are things I don't like about the show, but I'm glad it had 6 seasons.

I think it is very tellling at the end of 3x10, that Joey and Dawson were growing apart after they went to on the university visit. Joey says Dawson's bedroom feels small and he thinks it feels safe. I'm glad the show became more than a "girl gets boy" teen show, and dealt with real issues of growing up.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

If DC ended in S1 it would of been forgotten, and very incomplete. I wasn't even watching the show yet when S1 originally aired. As for Joey even though I love Pacey/Joey she was a mixed bag for me cause she could get annoying. I found her the most annoying in S1 (I think it was wrong she was such a b*tch to Jen when she was always nice to her) and S4 (like her wishy washiness, and of course lying to Dawson about sleeping with Pacey. Still pisses me off to this day, like why ) and of course I hated her in S6 when she dumped Pacey after her drifter boyfriend left and abondoned her ass.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Yes, Joey could be annoying and fickle. I hated her the most when she dumped Pacey for Eddie. It was just too quick of a turnaround. However, I could relate to Joey the most.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 09-10-2015 at 02:01 PM
ChristinaL80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
Yes, Joey could be annoying and fickle. I hated her the most when she dumped Pacey for Eddie. It was just too quick of a turnaround. However, I could relate to Joey the most.
I wanted to know where she got her dress for anti prom, the current icon Christina has. I thought it was gorgeous. I've always liked her style.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I'm not sure where Joey got the dress. Didn't Bessie help her get ready? I agree, it's a beautiful dress.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think they ever talked about or had a scene about the dress she wore to the Anti-Prom.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm not sure where Joey got the dress. Didn't Bessie help her get ready? I agree, it's a beautiful dress.
Yes, I didn't know that. I think both were that Joey were. boy the person who opened this must really not like this season.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Joey wore a few nice dresses, but I think the prom dress in S3 is my favorite.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 09-12-2015 at 03:38 PM
ChristinaL80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Joey wore a few nice dresses, but I think the prom dress in S3 is my favorite.
It was a pretty dress, but I do wish it had been just slightly longer as it came to her ankles and it looks funny in that scene where she runs after Dawson. However, that was probably why they had it short because she had to run in it. I just have to get over it whenever I watch that scene, but it bugs me every time.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I never noticed how short the dress is. Something else to look out for the next watch.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I never noticed how short the dress is. Something else to look out for the next watch.
That's what makes re-watches so fun, you get to look differently at the show and notice things you wouldn't have noticed in the first couple times of watching.

I wish I had kept a count as to how many times I've watched each season and the entire series overall. I'm a bit of DC Geek, but still there's lots I need to refresh myself on.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
That's what makes re-watches so fun, you get to look differently at the show and notice things you wouldn't have noticed in the first couple times of watching.

I wish I had kept a count as to how many times I've watched each season and the entire series overall. I'm a bit of DC Geek, but still there's lots I need to refresh myself on.
When did you first watch DC? When it aired?

I've watched certain clips and episodes a few too many times to count, but I'm on my second series rewatch.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched some of season 3, I'm following the pop order.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
When did you first watch DC? When it aired?

I've watched certain clips and episodes a few too many times to count, but I'm on my second series rewatch.
I think I first saw DC around the end of 2012 after becoming a Josh fan watching him on Fringe. I did a Fringe Binge and needed more Josh so my sister lent me her DC DVDs. I didn't really know much about DC before that and now I've lost count since sometimes I'm in the mood for certain seasons and sometimes I'm just in the mood for certain episodes. If I were to count how many times I've watched the entire series, I guess I would be up around 6 and then add on any individual seasons/episodes on top of that. I am now on S2 of my 7th (guesstimate) full series re-watch.

Sad and pathetic isn't it? But we are getting a little OT for this Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I watched some of season 3, I'm following the pop order.
That's actually a smart idea, but I find with me, I get too into the show and end up getting ahead and then finishing it before it's even half way through. At least that's what happens when I'm trying to do a re-watch with someone else who is also watching. it.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top