Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2015, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Pacey should never be referenced as a "B" plot. But then that my bias kicking in.

They did have a lot of misses in S3, but I also feel there was a lot of good qualities to it too.

The Eve arc was a mess, so was the Rob arc and I personally hated the Henry storyline. Henry and Jen just didn't mesh with me at all.
For me it was the fact that the Eve SL was just dropped. Had they followed through it wouldn't bother me but she just disappeared

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
falling slowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
For me it was the fact that the Eve SL was just dropped. Had they followed through it wouldn't bother me but she just disappeared
Yeah, I know they brought her on to be a love interest for Dawson, but just because that didn't work out (lack of chemistry in my opinion) there's no reason they couldn't have finished that storyline, she was Jen's half sister after all. And I can't believe Jen would just let that go. The least they could have done is have Eve searching for someone who wasn't part of the core group, then her disappearance wouldn't have mattered in the least.

I found it funny that they brought her on the show to be Dawson's love interest and she ended up dating Josh in real life. That boy really draws them in.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh wow the actress who played Eve dated Josh? That's so great

I would imagine it probably makes James feel bad though

I kind of didn't like that they used Eve to give Dawson his first sexual experience. I thought he wanted it to mean something

Old 07-16-2015, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's a pic of them at the WB Radio Music Awards.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love Josh's face

Old 09-02-2015, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved Henry and Jen, my otp for her.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I loved Henry and Jen, my otp for her.
I wasn't a fan of Henry at all and was actually glad when he left the show. I never felt anything when watching he and Jen together.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I don't want to rant, but just have to say I really don't like Andie in the episode Indian Summer, which was on yesterday. Joey was just trying to look out for Andie with Rob, and Andie insults her and belittles Joey's experience with the opposite sex.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

^^^Yeah, I rewatched that episode and I forgot about that. I don't get why she had to insult Joey about Dawson and Jack when she was just looking out for her dumb ass. Rob acted like a sexual preditor and harasser. I don't see how Joey kept working for him, he was so disgusting. Anyway, funny considering later Andie used what Joey said about Rob to lie and say he attacked her or whatever. I hated Andie in S3, so much hypocrisy from her. All the lies, about Rob, being on the disiplinary committee when she stole a test and cheated, being mad about Pacey/Joey when she cheated on him and was chasing after his friend Will, etc. It was OTT how much they ruined Andie but doesn't change the fact she was an annoying, hypocritical wench. As for S3, I think it's the best season but it does have a few misfires like Eve. I laugh at it now rewatching, cause of the cheesy saxophone tune they play whenever she is on like she is a hot dame in a Dick Tracey mystery or something. I don't remember Jen learning Eve was her sister but they should of had Jen and Eve have a scene acknowledging their family then it could of just went offscreen. Didn't care for Henry either, also now that I'm older I don't get why they had Joey briefly date AJ when he was a college student. Um, why would a college student date a 16 year old that's still in high school? Besides it being illegal it's just pointless but I guess they pulled anything out since her and Dawson were done at the time and to show Pacey's growing feelings. Besides that (and Dawson becoming even more of an immature douche) S3 is the best season IMO.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
^^^Yeah, I rewatched that episode and I forgot about that. I don't get why she had to insult Joey about Dawson and Jack when she was just looking out for her dumb ass. Rob acted like a sexual preditor and harasser. I don't see how Joey kept working for him, he was so disgusting. Anyway, funny considering later Andie used what Joey said about Rob to lie and say he attacked her or whatever. I hated Andie in S3, so much hypocrisy from her. All the lies, about Rob, being on the disiplinary committee when she stole a test and cheated, being mad about Pacey/Joey when she cheated on him and was chasing after his friend Will, etc. It was OTT how much they ruined Andie but doesn't change the fact she was an annoying, hypocritical wench. As for S3, I think it's the best season but it does have a few misfires like Eve. I laugh at it now rewatching, cause of the cheesy saxophone tune they play whenever she is on like she is a hot dame in a Dick Tracey mystery or something. I don't remember Jen learning Eve was her sister but they should of had Jen and Eve have a scene acknowledging their family then it could of just went offscreen. Didn't care for Henry either, also now that I'm older I don't get why they had Joey briefly date AJ when he was a college student. Um, why would a college student date a 16 year old that's still in high school? Besides it being illegal it's just pointless but I guess they pulled anything out since her and Dawson were done at the time and to show Pacey's growing feelings. Besides that (and Dawson becoming even more of an immature douche) S3 is the best season IMO.
yes dawson was annoying that season. Eve was kind of eh, I loved Henry though, my boy. I really liked Jack and Jen's growing friendship and PJ's moments. I still liked Joey this season, but she did start getting annoying.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Season 3 is probably my second least favourite now. The honour of least goes to Season 6 where I just am not sure they should have made the season at all. Lol.

I think for balance, Pacey's character was pretty well developed during this season and I enjoyed his interaction with Buzz, his mentee. I do also like Pacey's troubles with facing feelings for Joey. However much I dislike Pacey & Joey together, I think there's a good realism in how Pacey tried to deal with his feelings.

However I do sort of begin to feel that this was the season where it became about Joey. It's not as in your face as later seasons but I think you can pretty much sense Joey is the it girl now. And I disliked that. Hugely.

We are all stories in the end
Ms X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I can agree with you on Pacey's interaction with Buzz. I wish Buzz didn't just disappear. He was such a cute kid. I also liked Pacey facing his feelings for Joey, of course.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Buzz & 'Pissy' together he was the best confident for Pacey, exactly what he needed at that time
Old 09-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, S3 was a total error, a disaster.

And it's so sad because if Dawson's Creek would be the fortune to not return after S1 it will be forever recorder like the best teen show ever made....S2-6 ruined everything, total kills the magic.

Note, my english is bad, I hope my sentences are comprensible.
Remì is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remì (View Post)
Yes, S3 was a total error, a disaster.

And it's so sad because if Dawson's Creek would be the fortune to not return after S1 it will be forever recorder like the best teen show ever made....S2-6 ruined everything, total kills the magic.

Note, my english is bad, I hope my sentences are comprensible.
You did fine with your sentences.

I do disagree about DC being the best teen show ever made if it ended after S1. I really think that it would have gotten forgotten very quickly and we wouldn't be here still talking about it 15 years later. Although S1 did end on a good note for how the season was set up, it didn't entirely cover the real teen dramas that can happen which is what I think S1-S4 did. They could have ended it after S4 and it still would have been remembered.

I think aside from Eve, my least favourite thing about S3 was Dawson. He started out strong, but ended up a bit a dick. It was hard to get to like him again after that.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top