Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2018, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
That's the usual lol.
There are definitely more PJo fans out there, but I totally respect the DJo fans and I get it, but at the same time I don't.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedRobin4ever (View Post)
Always Dawson and Joey
me too. I really don't care anymore, they were the heart of the show at least imo.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
There are definitely more PJo fans out there, but I totally respect the DJo fans and I get it, but at the same time I don't.
I get what you mean. Romantically on the show, it will always be P/Jo for me, but I understand that D/Jo had their moments too. I just like D/Jo better as friends.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

DJo. I liked PJo in season 3.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I get what you mean. Romantically on the show, it will always be P/Jo for me, but I understand that D/Jo had their moments too. I just like D/Jo better as friends.
I agree. You can't deny that Dawson and Joey had a great friendship, it just never felt right when they tried to put them together romantically.

Old 12-16-2018, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Just had a quick look at some of the previous comments. This worryingly turned into an anti-D/Jo thread somewhere down the line. I think it's a shame that people can't just state their preferred couple without attacking the other couple.

There's a long history of shipper conflicts on this board from dating back to when the show was still on air, and that's why the anti threads still exist for people who wish to freely criticize either couple. Let's all just respect difference of opinion, okay?

For the record, I think Dawson and Joey were proven time and time and time again to be not only the pure heart of the show, but the true point of the show. Go back to Season 1 and it's THEIR connection that matters the most. It is so integral to the plot that the season begins and ends with the two of them alone in some form of intimacy in his bedroom.

For people to claim that Pacey and Joey's rise to romance cancelled out Dawson and Joey's signficance to each other in a romantic regard is just unfair. She was still in love with Dawson as far as early Season 6 - we KNOW this for a fact; we saw it with our own eyes and she literally said to him "I want, more than anything, for us to be together" in 6x01.

Fair play to P/Jo fans because Pacey/Joey were endgame, that's undeniable but it also can't be ignored that the creator of Dawson's Creek originally did write Dawson/Joey as the romantic couple at the end.

Let's just all be fair here. The eventual outcome was not guaranteed or completely expected. I certainly remember my group of friends being completely shocked when the Series Finale aired, because they felt DJo were gonna get back together. Anyway, that didn't happen, and so be it. But people have the right to ship either couple regardless of who she ended up with.

Multi-shippers will always have it easier.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)

Just had a quick look at some of the previous comments. This worryingly turned into an anti-D/Jo thread somewhere down the line. I think it's a shame that people can't just state their preferred couple without attacking the other couple.

There's a long history of shipper conflicts on this board from dating back to when the show was still on air, and that's why the anti threads still exist for people who wish to freely criticize either couple. Let's all just respect difference of opinion, okay?

For the record, I think Dawson and Joey were proven time and time and time again to be not only the pure heart of the show, but the true point of the show. Go back to Season 1 and it's THEIR connection that matters the most. It is so integral to the plot that the season begins and ends with the two of them alone in some form of intimacy in his bedroom.

For people to claim that Pacey and Joey's rise to romance cancelled out Dawson and Joey's signficance to each other in a romantic regard is just unfair. She was still in love with Dawson as far as early Season 6 - we KNOW this for a fact; we saw it with our own eyes and she literally said to him "I want, more than anything, for us to be together" in 6x01.

Fair play to P/Jo fans because Pacey/Joey were endgame, that's undeniable but it also can't be ignored that the creator of Dawson's Creek originally did write Dawson/Joey as the romantic couple at the end.

Let's just all be fair here. The eventual outcome was not guaranteed or completely expected. I certainly remember my group of friends being completely shocked when the Series Finale aired, because they felt DJo were gonna get back together. Anyway, that didn't happen, and so be it. But people have the right to ship either couple regardless of who she ended up with.

Multi-shippers will always have it easier.
what gwen said. DJ never got a full chance to work, but they were the heart of the show. you and me always is my all time favorite quote from the show.

I did like PJ in the beginning, ngl.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Thank you

I've been on this board a long time and taken many breaks from it, but my opinion has rarely changed on the love triangle situation. There were pros and cons to both relationships.

I personally think that the writers were incredibly unfair to the D/Jo relationship and it didn't help at all that most of the writing staff from Seasons 1 and 2 had completely gone by the time Season 3 came around.

I'm willing to admit that Pacey and Joey were given some amazing romantic scenes, and as a sucker for a pair with good development as well as the love-hate dynamic, I do understand the love for them.

That said, D/Jo enticed me to keep watching the show. I loved how they teased each other in Season 1 and talked about their love of movies, plus watching Joey suffer as Dawson began dating Jen really resonated with me.

To sum up - over time, I have come to accept and even understand the Joey/Pacey ending. Plus, they did have great chemistry. However, for people to write off D/Jo as "just friends" or say that shippers are deluded about their romantic love is something I take issue with. Both relationships were incredibly central to the show, and the proof lies in that audiences long believed that Dawson and Joey would eventually get back together. Season 6 was very deceptive in that area, and I don't think it really upheld the promise made by Season 5.

Quote:
I made a mistake here: Joey said this in 6x02.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-17-2018, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

You are absolutely right. They were the main focus of the entire series. I don't think that really changed.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
You are absolutely right. They were the main focus of the entire series. I don't think that really changed.
Thank you

That said, I do feel that Season 3 was a majorly negative shift for them. The Dawson/Eve thing was so bizarre. The only thing I understood was Dawson feeling upset towards Joey about how she pushed him away due to the arrest of her father.

Perhaps even Season 2 is to blame. Greg Berlanti once said that they had 2 options for D/Jo in S2 - keep them in a strong romance, or break them up early and return them to will they/won't they status. For some inexplicable reason, they chose the second option.

Joey's sudden urge to "find herself", which began in 2x04, was something I never really got on board with. Very poor continuity, when you consider that she had literally given up a trip to Paris to give her romance with Dawson a real chance.

Ultimately, a lot of people jumped ship from D/Jo to P/Jo in Season 3 and in retrospect, it's not difficult to understand why. The writers were more patient and fair to developing P/Jo and because it wasn't rushed, it felt earned when it actually happened.

Also, they were allowed to be a couple for most of Season 4 - which is something that D/Jo were deprived of in Season 2. Pacey's insecurities in Season 4 really came to the surface, but even so, Joey never gave up on him. Again, when you think of how Joey blamed Dawson for being moralistic about her father doing drugs and also trying to support her passion for art in Season 2, it adds to my feelings that the writers could have done so much better with the D/Jo romance after Season 1.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-18-2018, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thank you

That said, I do feel that Season 3 was a majorly negative shift for them. The Dawson/Eve thing was so bizarre. The only thing I understood was Dawson feeling upset towards Joey about how she pushed him away due to the arrest of her father.

Perhaps even Season 2 is to blame. Greg Berlanti once said that they had 2 options for D/Jo in S2 - keep them in a strong romance, or break them up early and return them to will they/won't they status. For some inexplicable reason, they chose the second option.

Joey's sudden urge to "find herself", which began in 2x04, was something I never really got on board with. Very poor continuity, when you consider that she had literally given up a trip to Paris to give her romance with Dawson a real chance.

Ultimately, a lot of people jumped ship from D/Jo to P/Jo in Season 3 and in retrospect, it's not difficult to understand why. The writers were more patient and fair to developing P/Jo and because it wasn't rushed, it felt earned when it actually happened.

Also, they were allowed to be a couple for most of Season 4 - which is something that D/Jo were deprived of in Season 2. Pacey's insecurities in Season 4 really came to the surface, but even so, Joey never gave up on him. Again, when you think of how Joey blamed Dawson for being moralistic about her father doing drugs and also trying to support her passion for art in Season 2, it adds to my feelings that the writers could have done so much better with the D/Jo romance after Season 1.
yes. I did like PJ season 3 ngl.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
yes. I did like PJ season 3 ngl.
I didn't like it back when the show first aired, but in retrospect, they built up P/Jo very well (if you don't count Andie and Dawson's feelings being collateral damage).

The main thing I don't agree with is when people act as if Joey's romantic history before Season 3 doesn't matter.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-21-2018, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've always said it was unfair how Joey reacted to Dawson in the end of S2. He was only looking out for her and she could have said no to the wire and let Sheriff Witter figure out another way. I truly felt bad for Dawson.

I agree that the whole Eve thing was odd, especially since they never pursued the storyline of Jen having a sister. However, I was glad when that arc was over and we could get back to the main group.

I don't really consider Andie and Dawson as collateral damage in S3/4 when PJo got together because they weren't in a relationship with either one of them when they got together. Of course I do get that Andie and Dawson would be upset given that they weren't over their relationships, but it had been months since their relationships ended. And you can't worry about how an Ex might feel about a future relationship. If anything, ,the biggest betrayal would have been Pacey's betrayal to Dawson, but then I go back to S1 when Pacey asked permission first and I forgive him a little.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
I don't really consider Andie and Dawson as collateral damage in S3/4 when PJo got together because they weren't in a relationship with either one of them when they got together.
I understood why Dawson was very confused and angry about it, though. He's the one who pushed Joey away in the Season 3 premiere, not the other way around. From his perspective, Joey still loved him and wanted to be with him.

Plus, Dawson had watched Pacey come out of a very serious relationship with Andie, which ended very badly. He probably expected that PA would eventually get back together.

Did they owe Dawson and Andie anything? You're right, they didn't. It's their lives. However, Joey's interactions with Dawson were very limited during Season 3 and so I'm not surprised that Pacey/Joey caught Dawson off-guard. I also think it's very easy to forget just how serious Dawson and Joey's relationship was in Season 2, to the point that when they got back together later in the season, they talked about when they might have sex (during their romantic boat ride).

Plus, and I can't stress this point enough -- there was something very superficial about the reactions to the love triangle in Season 3. Case in point, the way that people made fun of Dawson's crying scene in the episode 'True Love'. I didn't like that at all.

Quote:
the biggest betrayal would have been Pacey's betrayal to Dawson, but then I go back to S1 when Pacey asked permission first and I forgive him a little.
That's true. Then again, Pacey was always the strongest Dawson/Joey supporter in the early seasons, so I did wonder if he was pushing the boundaries by thinking it was a good idea to ask Joey out back then. I say that for Pacey's sake, because it's muddling yourself in an already messy situation.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-10-2019, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I did like some scenes of PJ in season 1 2 and 3. BUt i've loved DJ all through. ugh eve.