View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 02:20 PM
Abomasum
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
When did you start shipping Ephram/Amy? Was there a specific moment?
Randomly barging in to share my thoughts... (sorry!)

... my memories are a bit blurry, so there may be a few inaccuracies here, but I think that for me the shipping developed in two stages, rather than being full-on from the beginning. I do recall that I understood Ephram and Amy to be the endgame of the show from their very first scene, and I know I thought they were adorable together and was happy with the idea of them ending up together eventually, but I was far from passionate about that. I'm fairly certain I took the story as it came across my screen until the end of season 2 - I liked Colin and I was even fine with Tommy (decidedly disliked Madison, can't deny that - but presumably less than most of you did). I was quite happy adoring Ephram and Amy as individuals for a very long time, and didn't feel it was particularly urgent for me to see them as a couple. Until I saw the scenes revolving around their evening in Boulder after Ephram's audition for the Juilliard summer programme, that's what ignited the spark for me - it was more of an explosion, really. I've been fiercely passionate about them ever since. Those scenes are pure magic to me, especially that massive blast of emotions they shout at each other in front of the fountain - maybe a bit weird to be bewitched by that, but to me that scene just so clearly emphasizes the depth of what they were truly feeling for each other by that point in time, and I think that makes it beautiful.