View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 09:40 AM
Betsybelle
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
TFTNT!!!! The title choice is sad but appropriate given the circumstances.

I think Luke Perry originally stated that he could only committ to a few guest spots because of Riverdale? So I don't know exactly how much they hypothetically would have been able to work together anyway even if Shannen did come on too? Interesting you brought it up because I literally just glanced at a clip from a TODAY interview with Luke Perry from a couple years ago and the hosts asked him if he'd do a BH reunion & he said he'd be up for it this time; he said he would like to work with the guys, do scenes with Shannen again. ❤

Here is the link: https://youtu.be/ch_JVH7pDWY

This is just pure speculation but maybe Luke & Shannen weren't too into the whole "reality" aspect for the new reboot idea? Maybe they wanted to really act with each other again and get into a character?

That's probably what it was with Luke. It's not like this was a a straight reboot anyway, so even if he could have committed and even if Shannen had, how much would they have worked together - alone as opposed to part of the group.

That IS interesting about the Today interview - and that was before they'd reconnected after Shannen was diagnosed with cancer? That's interesting, considering everything.....but years had passed, people change, and I think it shows that, despite reports, not everything was difficult between them on set. Thanks for the link!

Back to the reboot thing - that's very possible, and Shannen may not have wanted to do something so "high concept". It's not an idea that personally appealed to me, and probably others feel the same, including Shannen. TV acting requires very long hours on set, so she may not have wanted to work such hours on this kind of project. My feeling from what she said about working with Luke was that it was a personal project between them as opposed, like I mentioned above - to them working primarily in a group. She said "shows" - not a series, obviously, but perhaps some one-offs,. If they wanted to do something with Brenda/Dylan, they'd probably need permission from Fox to do so. Even if it wasn't B/D related, I think definitely people wanted to see them act together. I'm waiting desperately for my favorite actor/actor to work together on anything, even if it clearly can't relate to the couple I love