View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 05:02 PM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
Even though I see your point, I partially disagree with this - because I'm always reminded of that scene at the end of 'The Replacement' when Riley confides in Xander that Buffy doesn't love him, and there's suddenly a reference to the fact that Xander was "into" Buffy in their past. If Joss had gone about things differently in S6+7, BX could have gone somewhere meaningful. Unfortunately, Joss seemed to majorly tune out by that point. He even admitted at the Season 7 wrap party: "I'm just so tired."

I never saw that scene as a reference of Xander being into Buffy though, ti was more of a surprise if anything else.

The reason why I say season 4 or sooner is because of the Spuffy fanbase! which was not just huge overnight. By late season 5 and season 6 (although I was a ship from season 2 when they were enemies ) is when they became a huge ship! Clearly that most lkely doesn't happen if the Buffy/Xander romance happens with a great build up because I'd assumed if they build up Buffy/Xander than they wouldn't have been building up Spuffy.

Season 6, I wouldn't have believed it by that point, especially from Buffy or even Xander to a lesser extent. It would've had to have been a heck of drastic writing... and obviously Xander couldn't have been a part of bringing Buffy back to life....

So I feel starting season 4 is how you avoid all the other drama and make it organic! And without Angel in the picture, finally let Buffy see Xander as a vailable love interest!

I'm speaking for myself obviously but I would have done it season 4 if it was going to happen....