View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 08:30 AM
obisgirl
Master Fan

It's taken me some time but I think I finally understand what happened to Emma in the finale, during her fight with Gideon. Parts of it still do not make any sense to me at all but here it goes...

Emma has a vision early on in 6a that she is fated to die. She believes that she is going to die fighting this masked figure and that is her fate. We're also told that Saviours don't get happy endings. It's obvious from that tagline that Emma is going to be the one to break that cycle (so there's hope that Emma won't die at all).

We also know from previous seasons that a sleeping curse is not death. The person under the sleeping appears to be dead but they actually aren't. Visions and prophecies can be misinterpreted all the time (just watch Star Wars understand that). Emma thinks that she is going to die in this final battle but her sacrifice makes it possible for her to live. Instead of dying, she falls under a sleeping curse.

(How this happens? I still have no idea whatsoever).

But Emma was never really going to die. But she needed to accept it as a possible fate for herself in order to make that sacrifice. Emma making that sacrifice made it possible for Gideon to have a second chance with Rumbelle. (Still not sure how that was possible, either). But it's a kind of reset-magic white light thing that happened.

This is the finale and Adam and Eddy always does commentary for the last episode of the season. Hopefully, they explain it better than I did. It's their show.