View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 02:00 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S (View Post)
So you are saying that Bay is NOT a nice person.
Why - Was it the Kennish house (too much money, bad parenting, etc.), the switch, which was probably harder on her than on Daphne, or some other reason?

Rock bottom MAY result in Bay realizing what a bad person she actually is, with the realization that she needs to get away from Kansas - Bay and Regina driving away.

I STILL see a bad ending for both sisters.
I am saying no human being is a nice person.

Actually, let me correct that. I am saying the Switched at Birth writers may be saying that no human being is a nice person.

Bay included.

I would love for Bay to hit rock bottom and realize how horribly she has treated her partners, especially TRAVIS, in the last scene Tuesday night, when she texts Emmett, and EMMETT, when Bay went off to a dorm party with Tank, after their picnic, and TANK, when Bay went off to rescue Emmett and ended up having sex with him.

But I am not even sure if the writers feel as though Bay has treated her partners horribly. I am completely and totally confused as to what message the Switched at Birth writers want to give to their viewers.

Anymore, it feels as though their entire TV series follows the same premise as their sexual consent storyline:

"Dear Viewers, here's a nice mess of a situation. Talk amongst yourselves and figure out how you feel about it. Sincerely, The Writers"

I don't believe the writers want to say anything at all anymore. These writers don't have a message for viewers. They seem to only want to portray life the way that they see it, and then, allow us to decide what and how we feel about all of it.

The only problem with that goal is that I do not need a TV show to show me a slice of real life, so I can decide how I feel about it. I have plenty of real life going on all around me. Like most TV viewers, I actively seek to understand a writer's message.

It sucks when the writers choose to abstain from sharing one. I like learning others' wisdom.