View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 07:20 AM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

YOU GUYS IT WAS AWESOME. SO MANY AMAZING LITTLE NUGGETS. I was just smiling the entire time. The way they introduced all the old characters into the story was really well done. Nothing felt forced, it all felt realistic and like people came in at the right time and for the right reasons.

All the little quotes at the beginning was great. Ending on a Rory to Dean “I love you, you idiot!” though definitely made me scratch my head though. It took all I had in me not to skip to the end and see what happened… lol.

The intro scene with Lor/Rory was a bit long. But it really did feel like no time had passed between them. Actually most of the scenes felt super long but I guess being a ‘movie’ of sorts, it was a bit of a different feel. The whole time I was watching it though it felt so weird! Getting new scenes was crazy.

Lane looked pretty old and her seeing Rory was a bit strange, like they weren’t even that excited to see one another but I will pretend that Rory comes home a lot I guess.

Paul is so awkward. It was clear from the getgo that it wasn’t a lasting relationship and Rory seemed so weird around him. He seemed like a nice guy though. But I wonder what his point was? Didn’t really seem to have any purpose. Lorelai going “no” when Paul asked to get him a tea. Loved it.

LORELAI AND LUKE WERE SO CUTE. It was sweet vindication seeing them as a couple after Season 7. It was a little sad seeing Lorelai mention the kid thing and hear that Luke kind of wanted one. When they were looking at surrogates that was great but it was clear they had issues.

“You know, some people say that drinking coffee in the middle of the night could hinder your sleep.”
“People are dumb.”

It’s so sad about Richard. Seeing his picture on the wall, even though it was supposed to be funny, just made me sad. The funeral I was a bit confused on the whole flashback with Lorelai’s story though. Why in the world would she talk about her dad walking in on her with a guy? LOL. I cant really blame Emily for being upset. But Emily to hold that grudge against her for months also seems weird. I realize it was in character for Emily and Lorelai to argue but they had made good progress in season 7 so it felt a bit weird but I guess it was understandable after his death… emotions were running high.

PARIS!!! Omg the entire watch I was just having so much fun. She was so awesome. Hearing her and Doyle had kids and are broken up was a bit strange.

“Hello Luke. You remember me?”
“You’re hard to forget.”

I was really glad that Logan wasn’t in Winter as much as I thought he was going to be, just one small scene. Don’t get me wrong, I was happy to see Logan again because I love Matt so much but I was not happy to see her kissing him. And cheating on Paul? Yucky. Not to mention ummm THEIR PROPOSAL! Did he forget about that? I mean its clear that Logan still has feelings for her, so why is he just content with them sleeping together? IDK, just not a fan of that storyline at all. I would have much preferred to see Logan in another relationship and L/R as good friends. I just wanted a conversation about the proposal at least.

Zach looked horrible. The kids were so cute though! And seeing Paris and Zach interact was awesome. The band still jamming together was funny.

Seeing Emily cope with the death was really sad. She didn’t really have a right to say that Lorelai and Luke weren’t a real partnership just because they weren’t married. It is a bit strange that they aren’t though and I wanted answers on why exactly they never got married.

Other random thoughts I had while watching:
-Seeing all the technology on the show was pretty cool.
-The snow was lovely. <3 I love winterrrrrr. Seeing the troubadours again was cool too.
-Luke giving random wi fi passwords was really funny.
-Clever idea having Lorelai’s car not running.
-Michel has a husband!!!
-Emily was hilarious as usual and she looked the same as she did 8 years ago lol.
-Jess mention!!!
-Kirk was funny!
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote