View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 01:42 AM
winterbird
Master Fan

After the Hall H panel the Marvel casts went out to dinner:

While I'm really excited Rachel is part of the Marvel universe, I'm also with you guys. I just hope she isn't "just" the love interest. Her still being 3rd billing in the poster and trailer makes me hopeful that she's more than that. I can get behind this speculation:

It might be wishful thinking, but there has been so much secrecy surround Rachel's role. I mean, I guess that's what Marvel does but during the panel Rachel basically repeated the quote we got from the producer before in the EW issue. She also skipped the press line for interviews, that's not really uncommon for Rachel but you would think she is (contractually) obliged to do them. I like to think that they are hiding something big, and that her role is more interesting than we are anticipating.

Also, I think Rachel has tried to stay away from "just" the love interest roles. Take Sherlock Holmes for example, I think Irene is a great example of a more interesting love interest part. On the other hand, I also wouldn't be surprised if she signed onto this so she was able to work with Benedict. And maybe this is also a safe choice, in the sense that Marvel doesn't own her for the next few years. Christine Palmer doesn't seem a huge part of Doctor Strange's universe, so that probably means she only had to sign onto for one (maybe two?) movies.

Sorry for the rant, but I have a lot of thoughts about this