View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 03:54 AM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiek (View Post)
I do agree that Bay should distance herself from Melody. Not completely of course because of the obvious reasons, but she shouldn't go to her for issues or view her the same way Daphne does.
When I think about it, the idea that Bay could invite herself on spring break to Mexico, with her ex-boyfriend's mother, and then, become livid at the gall of her ex-boyfriend to join them, it's pretty funny. Emmett had every right to be on that trip. If he had been upset with Bay for being there, it would have been understandable. But for Bay to be upset with Emmett for joining his own mother on spring break is hilarious.

But then again, Bay's behavior that entire trip was over-the-top. I know Bay apologized to Emmett at the end. I wish she had apologized to Travis, too. It wasn't really fair how Bay used Travis to make Emmett jealous.

Quote:
I guess I'm less likely to say for Bay to let go of all of the friends.
I don't think Bay needs to let go of any of their mutual friends. I agree with you that it is up to each and every mutual friend to decide what they want to do with their friendships. Natalie, Hilary, Mary Beth, Sharee, Matthew (if he is still a friend) should continue to be friends with both Bay and Emmett separately.

I only suggested that Bay should let go of Emmett's family members, as he should let go of hers. If Travis is truly Emmett's brother, as Melody and the writers keep proclaiming, then Travis's loyalty should be with Emmett.

It's not, though, so I don't think Travis thinks of Emmett as a true brother, either that, or Travis does not understand the concept of loyalty. I'm not sure which.

Daphne got it. She told Emmett point-blank that her loyalty will always be with her sister. Daphne even said to Emmett, "I don't care how long we've been friends."

I still remember when Bay and Emmett broke up the first time, Bay said, "He was your friend first." Back then, Bay and Daphne were not truly sisters, and Bay was being magnanimous. She wanted Daphne to maintain her friendship with Emmett.

But Bay "bought" Daphne's sisterhood, when she took the fall for her with that felony conviction. So they are true sisters now. Daphne's loyalty goes to Bay.

I guess Emmett inviting Travis into his home to live is not as big of a sacrifice as taking on a felony conviction, so Emmett hasn't quite "bought" Travis's brotherhood (and loyalty) yet.

I do feel like Emmett's mom, Melody, should choose Emmett over Bay. If Emmett didn't want Melody hanging around with Bay, because it made him feel uncomfortable, then she should respect that. Breakups can be painful. For all we know, Emmett feels betrayed by Bay. When they broke up on the beach, Emmett wasn't so sure that Bay hadn't cheated on him. He seemed to feel as though she had. Emmett might not like his family being all buddy-buddy with someone who betrayed his trust.

Quote:
If Travis values Bay more than Emmett, then so be it.
When it gets down to brass tacks, that's what it really is. Emmett means very little to Travis. The value of their friendship and brotherhood is negligible in Travis's eyes.

I don't think that Travis appreciated Emmett opening up his home to him. I think Travis saw it as the least that Emmett could do, considering how fortunate Emmett has been all of his life.

I remember when Emmett asked Travis to cover for him with Melody, so he could sneak out to meet Mandy, Emmett said, "Cover for me with my mom, and I will owe you big time."

Travis said, "You already owe me big time."

And Emmett responded, "Who moved into whose house?"

Travis nodded his head in agreement, but I don't think Emmett's generosity ever meant all that much to Travis.

Travis has always believed that Emmett is spoiled by his parents and that Emmett is ungrateful for all that he has been given in life. Travis resents Emmett for those reasons. Travis doesn't feel a connection to Emmett, like Daphne does to Bay.