View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 04:06 PM
Ruby_Slippers
Master Fan

Yeah! Some acting (non reality show) news for Tori!

Quote:
Tori Spelling to Star in James Franco’s Remake of ‘Mother May I Sleep With Danger’

Plot twist! James Franco revealed to Us Weekly at the Television Critics Association press tour on Saturday, January 9, that his remake of cult classic Mother May I Sleep With Danger will have at least one familiar face — Tori Spelling

The 1996 flick featured Spelling, 42, as impressionable Laurel Lewisohn, a teen who thinks she’s found the boyfriend of her dreams, Kevin Shane (Ivan Sergei). Things begin to get a little iffy, however, when Laurel discovers that there are sides to Kevin she never knew existed.

At the panel for the new Hulu series 11.22.63, Franco, 37, confirmed that the actress will be involved with the project, this time, though, she'll be playing the mother in the flick.

Franco did not reveal any other casting details, but described his remake as "a very non-Lifetime movie."

“Mother May I Sleep With Danger came out cause Will Ferrell had done A Deadly Adoption and Will told me he was actually inspired by my going on General Hospital when he did that, and then Lifetime came to me and said would I like to recreate their movies like Will did,” the multi-hyphenate Hollywood star said. “And I said yes, as long as I could change it a bit. So it has … some of the similar elements of the original, but it’s completely revamped.”

The script will be penned by Amber Coney, and Franco will serve as the film's executive producer.

In addition to working with Spelling on Mother, Franco is also starring in Hulu’s series 11.2.63, based on Stephen King’s bestseller, about a time traveler who attempts to prevent the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.