View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 07:38 AM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Bumping this thread.

What did everyone think of Bay & Travis's interaction in 4A? He was very concerned for her after the Tank situation, even getting mad at Mary Beth for what she said about Bay.

And then he openly accepted Bay's help when he was having trouble with MB.

What does everyone see for their friendship going forward? Assuming they continue to be friends.
Bay has such few friends that I feel she will rely on Travis quite a bit this season. I am thinking Travis and Mary Beth will be Bay's lifeline, until Bay makes new friends. I do believe Bay will throw herself into her art and probably make some good, close friends with whom she has lots in common.

Travis did help Bay, when she needed that money from John's safe. And Bay did get the money back to him in time.

But Travis didn't want Bay at Carlton, when Emmett and Natalie both did.

Travis has a lot of loyalty to John now, though. And Bay is John's daughter.

Plus Travis has a lot of loyalty to Melody, and even Emmett, and Bay was Emmett's girlfriend.

Travis felt such guilt for not looking out for Bay at that dorm party. And I do believe he was grateful that she tried to help him with Mary Beth.

Plus, Travis is close to Daphne again, and Bay and Daphne are sisters.

I'm guessing that Travis will play prominently this season. The writers seem to really like the actor, Ryan Lane, and whenever they like an actor, then that actor receives a big part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
they'll probably still be friends. i am firmly NO on a romantic relationship between them but i could see them teasing it a bit.
I would love to see a romantic relationship develop between Bay and Travis now.

There's the potential for several people to be upset about it: Mary Beth, Emmett, even Daphne (who once had feelings for Travis).

It would be nice for Bay and Travis to tell them all three to go jump in a lake. None of those three people have been loyal to Bay and Travis. Why should they feel beholden to any of them, especially if Bay and Travis share a spark?

In interviews, I have seen that Ryan Lane would have gotten the part of Emmett, if Sean Berdy had not arrived on the scene. I would like to see what kind of chemistry Ryan Lane can muster with Vanessa Marano.

Perhaps viewers were cheated out of something good.

Maybe if Ryan Lane had been chosen as the character of Emmett, then the writers never would have trashed that character, Emmett, so badly.

With a Bay and Travis romance, perhaps the writers might actually allow us to see a couple share some happiness.

That would be refreshing.

Bay needs someone solid. Travis is following in her father's footsteps. He is close to both of her parents, her brother Toby, and her sister Daphne.

Bay has already won over Travis's surrogate mom, Melody, and she even has a friendship with his brother, Emmett.

It would be bitter sweet for Emmett. After he gets over his initial feelings of jealousy, Emmett would be happy for Bay. But watching Travis and Bay together over the years, he would always be reminded of what he and Bay lost.

I like that ending for Switched at Birth. It feels honest to me.

Several people on the spoiler board said that they would love to see a Travis and Bay relationship, and I agree.

I'd love to see Travis as a major league baseball player and Bay as his artist wife, sort of following in John and Kathryn's footsteps.

Emmett always liked baseball, but he never became a ball player. I suppose Emmett could make movies about it.

Baseball movies are great, especially ones about lost love.