View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 03:42 PM
stormy_lass
Part-Time Fan

Least favorite for me would be Thorin's death. I cry my eyes out everytime I watch that scene! Bloody Azog! I would like to go into the movie just prior to that and make sure that he really drowns! If only Thorin would have chopped off his head instead of his arm during the Battle of Azanulbizar (unfortunately, dwarves can't reach up that high, even if the actors portraying them can), this may have never happened. The one thing I would ask Tolkien if he were alive today is why does he keep killing off my favorite characters (even if I do prefer the latest movie version, if they didn't die in the book, they wouldn't have to die in the movie either)?

Some favorite moments would be Dain insulting Thranduil, which garners a laugh from Thorin (I hate to admit, but I wasn't expecting that). It also causes Thranduil to smile (these two kings don't smile much, do they), although it may have been more of a smirk.

One thing that garnered a laugh in theaters is when Thranduil tells Bilbo that he was the one who stole the keys to his dungeons and Bilbo responds by saying: "Yeesh, sorry about that." or something along those lines.

Not my favorite in the trilogy (for obvious reasons), but still a good movie.
In the darkness you could hear the crying of women, the wailing of infants, and the shouting of men. Some prayed for help. Others wished for death. But still more imagined that there were no Gods left, and that the universe was plunged into eternal darkness. - Pliny the Younger, A.D. 79.
stormy_lass is offline   Reply With Quote