View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 05:49 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavitaebella (View Post)
I think the boyfriend, if he were living with me, would be considered family. Obviously I think it depends on the situation. For example, if my boyfriend were in the hospital but my family were having a huge dinner together, I would put my boyfriend first. But if the situation were reversed, I'd go be with my relative in the hospital. I also think "fiancee" or "husband" carries more weight than "boyfriend."
I agree with every word you have said here.

At the point Bay and Emmett graduated high school, I saw them as a "family" because they were moving 2000 miles away to live together.

To me, Bay's plans with Emmett should have come before Daphne.

But if Bay didn't want that kind of commitment with Emmett (and I guess, in all honesty, Bay didn't want that kind of commitment with Emmett), then putting Daphne first doesn't have anything to do with Emmett.

Bay still shouldn't have done it, though, because she betrayed herself.

Quote:
As I said, I don't believe Bay thought about taking the fall for Daphne the entire day, I think it was a split-second decision. Or maybe not quite that fast, but I don't think she had time to talk to Emmett. I get why he was mad, I might react the same way, although I'd try to understand why she did it. But I think it's fitting her Bay's character, helping the underdog. I think it was foolish, but I can see why she did it. But Bay needs to see that she's important, too.
I didn't sense any anger on Emmett's part towards Bay.

He seemed scared for her. He seemed hurt that she deserted their plans.

Later, when he showed her the second timeline, and he was preparing to leave her, I will say he appeared frustrated with her decision.

But I never sensed any anger from Emmett directed at anyone but Daphne, and in my mind, Daphne deserved it.

Allowing Bay to take the fall for her crimes was an INCREDIBLY selfish thing for Daphne to do. I'm glad both Toby and Emmett expressed their anger at her for that.

I sure do hope Bay sees that she's important, too, this summer.

Quote:
Honestly, the fact that he cheated is a huge factor. The fact that he and Bay cheated on Tank and he didn't seem as bothered by it, is another issue. I don't care if he thinks he and Bay are "meant to be" cheating isn't okay by any means. I also don't like how he's dealt with stuff recently -- I get he's 19, but I think Bay is more mature than he is.

I don't mean to sound like I hate him. I don't. He's just not one of my favorite characters on SaB. He's never been my favorite, even in the beginning, but lately I just do not like him.
Emmett refused to cheat on Mandy with Bay, though, even though he really, really wanted Bay. He didn't allow Bay's kiss to continue.

And Emmett refused to cheat on Bay with Skye. He stopped that kiss immediately.

So how do you feel about Bay cheating on Tank with Emmett? And how do you feel about Bay cheating on Emmett with Tank? *

What makes Bay more mature than Emmett in your mind?

* I don't believe Bay was raped. But even if a person does believe Bay was raped, Bay most definitely emotionally cheated on Emmett with Tank.