View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 08:59 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavitaebella (View Post)
See, to me, family comes before boyfriends. I get not everyone shares that view, and that's fine. I don't think I'd do what Bay did for Daphne for any of my family members, however!

I do agree that she should have talked to Emmett before taking the fall for Daphne, but I'm guessing it was a spur-of-the-moment decision and she didn't have time to talk to him before going to the station. Like I don't think the plan entered her mind until she hopped in the car with Daphne after graduation.

I wonder if she would have even moved to LA, even if she hadn't taken the fall for Daphne. I mean, I actually thought she was going to, until the last few minutes of season 3. She had a pretty good plan. But I also understand that once said plans become reality, it can be a little scary and you might be having second thoughts.

And I don't like Emmett, but I don't think he's the worst character onscreen. *cough*frozen's hans*cough* *wheeze*mother gothel*wheeze*

BTW, I hope you don't mind, I just followed you on Twitter.
I love that you followed me on Twitter! Thank you

I have fun on Twitter. I only use it for Switched at Birth. I will follow you, too!

Out of curiosity, do you believe family comes before boyfriends, even if you are living with the boyfriend?

I am not all that religious, but I do believe it is important for couples “to love, honor, and cherish—forsaking all others—for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, ’til death do us part.”

And if you are living with another person, as your mate, if you are sharing sexual intercourse and becoming "one flesh" with the person, then that person needs to come first, before your parents or your siblings.

So I would somewhat agree with you, if it was just a matter of Bay dating Emmett during her senior year of high school. But Bay & Emmett had graduated, and she was preparing to move 2000 miles to live with him, as a mate.

In that instance, I think Bay should have put Emmett first.

Or if Bay couldn't or didn't want to put Emmett first, then I think it is fair that Emmett took that as an indication of her level of commitment to their relationship.

Personally, I don't think Bay would have gone to LA, even if she didn't need to help Daphne.

Daphne was a convenient reason for Bay not to go, and Bay was scared. (I don't know that for sure, of course, but that is my intuition. I got the feeling that Emmett sensed that, too, with some things he said to Bay when he made his surprise visit.) And that's okay. It's perfectly understandable for Bay to have cold feet.

I have another question for you. Is your primary reason for disliking Emmett because he cheated? Or are there other important reasons.

The character of Emmett isn't perfect, by any means, but I wouldn't want anyone to be perfect, so that doesn't bother me.

Emmett has his flaws, but I love his flaws. I pretty much love everything about him and everything for which he stands. I get him, including his decision in the mid-season finale.

Emmett symbolizes my values, pretty much straight down the line.