View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 06:22 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Well, I cannot say that the episode was filler. That fear is alleviated. But another fear replaced it for me.

This show just does NOT want to show us either protagonist in a happy romantic relationship. And that's fine. It's what I want to see, but if the writers do not want to go there, then they do not want to go there.

Perhaps Bay and Daphne are too young for that.

Separately, I find both Bay's story and Daphne's story interesting. Each character is finding her identity in a different way. But together, it is too much for me.

Daphne's current story is tragic.

Bay's current story is tragic.

If Bay & Emmett were together, that might in some way balance the angst for me, but the writers are choosing not to put them together and it is just too much angst for my taste.

I imagine their ratings will shoot up, up, up, because they are certainly bringing on the drama.

But I am not pleased. I needed something warm and comforting. And while Melody and Gabe ARE sweet, and John and Kathryn ARE sweet, I needed more.

Now, to see the promo, and to see Travis kissing Daphne, and to see Bay & Emmett separated once again at a carnival where I thought they would have some happy love scenes, well, it just makes me feel more angst.

After Angelo's death, that's not what I need turned up full blast.

Even if the writers say "fooled you!" and give us a TON of Bay & Emmett in the last few episodes of the season, it won't be enough for me now.

The writers have squirreled away seven episodes and given us less than one minute of quality Bay & Emmett. After waiting two years and 50 episodes, I feel cheated.

So while it wasn't a filler episode for the show overall tonight, Season 3B has officially tipped the scale and become a Bay & Emmett wasteland.

I realize many people are not Bay & Emmett fans, but I am, and it is a disappointment for me.