View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Ruby_Slippers
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm with you on these mixed feelings. That's definitely how Tori brands herself. And yeah, it is giving up on the dream of critical acclaim and winning an Oscar, but I think that ship has sailed for all of the cast.
I once heard Lauren Conrad, the star of The Hills, on a talk show and she said that she thought she and Tori did similar things. Lauren has been able to parle her Hills fame into books, appearances, a clothing line, ect. But I was kind of sad for Tori because as big as the Hills was it wasn't Beverly Hills, 90210. Lauren is only being herself - it would just seem Tori has more options because she is an actress. I don't think she needs and Oscar or critical acclaim but what about being a working actress? I looked at her IMDB page and she hasn't had a lot of work in the last 5 years. But one thing Tori does have is that she has producing talent. Didn't she cast Shannen and Jason in 90210? She is producing this new show Mystery Girls but I really think she has a talent for that sort of thing. One could argue that she is producing reality shows but I think she has a need for people to like her and sees reality tv as an avenue in doing that.

Quote:
But remember when she refused to publicly acknowledge the rumors about Dean, and we all took it as her way of pushing back to say that, 'Hey, some things are private'? For Tori to do a reality show now which focuses on this very topic - which broke her heart - it's like ... you don't owe a network this. You don't owe it to the public to tell them 'the real story'. You don't owe anyone anything. But this leaves the impression that she believes differently. And I think there comes a point when she's violating herself without knowing it.
I couldn't agree more. The reality show and the books have invited people into her marriage. Everyone has an opinion. I personally don't think this is healthy. Yes, I believe she is violating herself without knowing it. And I'm kind of giving a side eye to her mother. If this show is because they need the money, would it kill the mother to give them some money as they are going through a hard time? Yikes.