Thread: Board closing
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 09:34 PM
UpInFlames
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaBeck (View Post)
I think a lot of what I posted in this thread was out of anger. I don't want to edit my posts because a lot of feelings have stirred inside me over the past six or so months, and I need to let it out and let it go.

I don't hate Chad, and I don't think he's evil. I just think he's broken. And I understand the concept of liking a person's work versus their personal life. Yet, we were all so involved in Chad's personal endeavors here. I honestly don't think a single one of us can say that we were not connected or involved in some way with his personal life. Maybe if we weren't so fanatic with him, it would be different..

You hit the nail on the head there. This would have been easier to stomach if we didn't get so closely and personally involved. For the people that "got out" for some time now and their chad fangirl days have dwindled or died out prior to all of this...it's probably much easier to seperated the two. But this is quite literally a slap in the face to the ones still investing so much time, hope, and respect to now feel foolish and used. When you're openly a fan of Chad, it comes(or came) with the territory that his past will follow him and you'll have to both defend yourself and him. It goes hand in hand. When you're questioned, you're not being judged for his talent...people are being judged for being a fan of an alleged cheater/douche. So what do you do? You defend your position as a fan of his work, that it was years ago and people change, and that people should move on, and so forth. Am I right? So now what? It's not years ago anymore, we're now dealing with months and weeks ago. What happens when his behavior that follows contradicts everything you defended? Frankly, as Amelia put it, so many of us were still so deeply involved...defending him on a personal level is so fresh to us that it's impossible to ignore and not feel betrayed. We no longer have the energy or will to defend a persons character when history repeats itself. Personally, I only do that for my own family and closest friends because I know them and I know their heart. I don't know Chad. I don't knowhis heart. I will not defend or stand by someone that is so quick to publicise their personal relationships and then humiliate his partners.

I mean. Amelia, Sandy, and maybe select few know vague details of why I am so personally affected by this. He made it personal where I'm involved. It's partially my fault for putting myself in that position, but it was also a bad move on his part. I'm not an idiot, I'm very observant, and it was just a slap in the face that he took me for an idiot that wouldn't connect the dots. It was hard for me to wrap my head around so if you guys think I'm being harsh in my posts now...it's a good thing we weren't talking back in September-October -November. I've learn to let it go. Forgive? Not yet. I don't hate him, I never can hate someone that brought so many good people in my life, I just don't appreciate false appreciation. I've said it many times via twitter and to others- I can never hate Chad, I just wish things didn't get so messy that I couldn't even stand by and offer support/kindness if he's in a bad place.

As I see it, we're tired of defending and filtering what people can and can't say. This board has been filtered and so heavily moderated for years, it was taboo to talk about certain things because we were too busy defending his name.