Thread: Board closing
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 08:22 PM
AmeliaBeck
Elite Fan

I think a lot of what I posted in this thread was out of anger. I don't want to edit my posts because a lot of feelings have stirred inside me over the past six or so months, and I need to let it out and let it go.

I don't hate Chad, and I don't think he's evil. I just think he's broken. And I understand the concept of liking a person's work versus their personal life. Yet, we were all so involved in Chad's personal endeavors here. I honestly don't think a single one of us can say that we were not connected or involved in some way with his personal life. Maybe if we weren't so fanatic with him, it would be different.

But it's just really difficult. I want to believe that Chad is a decent guy that's just messed up, even though all this advice has shown a really negative side of him. I will honestly hold out hope for him, that one day he'll be honest and happy and caring. I don't want to stick up for this same old guy anymore. It's not fun. It doesn't make me happy or proud.

Personally, I can't be a total fan (as I definitely was with Chad) of someone and not hold some sort of interest in their personal life. It's practically impossible, especially in this modern world we live in. But as I've learned, I'm definitely going to scale it back. I can care for someone, an actor, and be interested in their private side without going overboard and uber-idolizing them. It's just a practical -- and healthy -- thing to do.

I do have some regrets on this board. Mainly the time I spent here while I should have been studying I regret literally idolizing this board and the man we all inspired when I should have focused on my own growth as a person. I regret feeling that I knew the insides and outs of Chad Michael Murray... but Chad Michael Murray isn't the same man as Chad Murray, from Clarence, NY. He's the persona, the ~star actor~, the famous name in front of the actual man. As of right now, I have little interest in learning more about either sides. I'm done, I'm out. I can't do it anymore.

If this is my last post on this board, forever til the end of the Internet, then I just want to say that I hope Chad can become the man we all thought he was, and realize that it isn't too late, and to get whatever help he needs.

Thank you, always, to the posters of this board who were my friends. I love you.