Thread: Board closing
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 04:49 PM
UpInFlames
Elite Fan

Quote:
I feel like this: this blunt would be easier to bruise if I had something really outstanding in Chad's work to make me proud. Again, in most of our situations, we were FAR too deep in to ~just be fans~, but I really do feel like I would be able to look past (yet still judge) his relationship/personal issues if he had done enough movies to make me proud to be a fan.
I think I would be able to look past his private life if he...you know...actually kept it private. It just rubbed me the wrong way how in-your-face he needs to be with his relationships and I just feel like it was WAY too over the top with Nicky. Like he was trying to prove something.
It was too much. I tried sticking around but it became too much to see that. I kept up with him for him - his career, his writing, his musings, etc - NOT to be bombarded with his new relationship.
All in all, I'm only 24 but I'm too old to be fawning over a celebrity with such a character. I should have known from the start - someone that acts like they have something to hide is usually hiding something. He seems to be hiding a lot of somethings and I don't have time or energy anymore to defend a person [I don't personally know] like that or defend myself for being a fan of someone like that. That's exhausting. It's been exhausting.

Last edited by UpInFlames; 02-08-2014 at 02:58 PM