View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 12:51 PM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Their first few scenes from Season 2, only because during S1... mostly the beginning of it, they didn't like each other that much [cause of Nina] and by time Season 2 hits, you see how much Jack really trusts Tony, and it's very surprising seeing as how he got betrayed by Nina, a person he trusted more than anyone. So for him to just ask Tony to look for Kim, and for Tony to really be invested in doing it was the start of a great friendship for me.

The main moment that sticks out, that was the major stepping stone to such a great friendship between them was a quote that Tony told Chappelle during Season 1...

Tony Almeida: Let me save you some time, Mr. Chappelle. I'm not the biggest fan of Jack Bauer. I don't agree with the way he delegates authority, and I don't like the way he runs operations. But since midnight last night, you won't get me to disapprove of a single action he's taken.

Just for Tony not to rat out Jack Bauer, and just change his tone a bit from how he was earlier was such an surprise, and I loved it.
I also love that quote because it's the same way Tony would've handled anything with Michelle, he'll go way over the authority than Jack did.