View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 07:18 AM
GRITS83
Obsessed Fan

I'm not sure any of you have seen this review for 'The Spectacular Now' at custodianfilmcritic.com/the-spectacular-now but like most, he adored the film. Not only did he adore the film but he had especially high praise for Shai's performance. Here's what he had to say...

"And I don’t know how I reached this far into this review without exploding with praise for Shailene Woodley’s performance in this film. She is absolutely brilliant in every second that she is on screen. A challenging role that demands poise, grace, and a strength to act completely as a character with body and voice, Woodley is incredible. We all knew a girl like this in high school. We all met a girl like this sometime in our lives. And for being the attractive girl she is and having to act in a role more as a Plain Jane that has a deep compassion and loving heart, Woodley knocks it out of the park. She is Aimee for every moment she is on screen. From spoken dialog to the way she holds herself, Woodley is veracious in her portrayal of Aimee and the true heart of this film. I can’t remember the last time I saw a performance where an actress was completely hidden in her character to the point where it feels like what you are watching is a documentary. From minute one on screen, Woodley gives a tour-de-force performance that left me speechless in the minutes that followed the film and deserves more praise than I could ever give it."
GRITS83 is offline   Reply With Quote