View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 10:20 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Dude, Florida thunderstorms are ridiculous. We used to go every summer to visit my grandparents and you just know in Fla between like 12-3 in the afternoon there's going to be a five-ten minute torrential downpour and then it's over! It's crazy.

Me and my mom used to go down at the end of August, and since they end earlier in Florida, all the kids were back in school. So my mom and I would go to K-mart (does K-mart even exist anymore) and by school stuff since the tax is different than in NY and fill our extra suitcase. I remember we got caught in a storm. It was pretty crazy.

I miss spending that time with my mom though. It was nice.
Yes! That's one of my favorite things about Disney World in the summer time. You go, and it is so hot and steamy. And then, between 3-4 in the afternoon there is this torrential downpour and we all just get soaked.

But when it is over, it cools everything off. It feels so much like Florida whenever that happens to me, even if I am somewhere else.

I have been experiencing that phenomenon in Florida nearly every year since 1980, and I LOVE it!