View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

WTF! NOOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I understand that you’re upset that this board is closing, but we’ve been more than fair here. The latest 48 hour period was from 9/23/2012 to 9/25/2012, not today. This board went without a post for well over 48 hours on 7/19/12, and I posted a Low Post Count Warning Topic on that date and I did a post count for this board on 7/26/12 and it met the required number of posts to remain here, but this board was warned on that date that if it went without a post again for 48 hours in the next six months, it would be closed. 7/26/12 was 2 months ago. I’m sorry that we have to do this, but I hope you can understand why we made this decision.
I agree with Julie (juju_b). I disagree with the fairness of this rule period when pertaining to still running shows! When Being Human returns in January I am sure the board will flood with posters! I find it completely unfair that it can't have that chance!

First of all I don't see how we went another 48 hours postless, I make at least one ost here EVERY DAY! When we got the first warning we took it very seriously and have put twice our previous effort into this board. But as Julie pointed out we only get a max of FOUR posters here. Recently it's been only TWO, myself and her. Empty Handed and Find Something Real care just as deeply about our board but they have a lot busier lives than Julie I and I think one of them sometimes has or once had computer or connection problems.

FOUR people can only accomplish so much and TWO even less! But we are working our asses off no matter how many of us there are to meet your stupid criteria. We can't freaking devote or lives to it though which this rule kind of makes necessary.

Forgive my harshness I don't wish to be disrespectful or rude but this rule greatly annoys me because I believe it expects too much and in our case of so few people. No one can devote that much time to an internet forum and for Being Human in particular it requires TWICE maybe even THRICE the effort because of the so few posters it has. That's another thing we can not help, how many posters we have!
Everyone has a life outside the internet, a much more important one!
So I feel that circumstances beyond our control are being held against us here and that you are not being considerate at all of our circumstances.

*sigh* If you must though than don't be surprised if you don't see me around so much anymore. Find something Real, Julie, Amanda, please come to the Being Fans forum in my sig. I am Aidan there and there will NEVER be this kind of risk over there. Please, I don't know how else I'd be able to still talk to you if this board is removed. I just don't know if I would have the will to come around here anymore. As I am not responsible for this although I am sorry I was not able to have an opinion to add to every single thread as Julie does. Like I said I still made at least one post EVERY DAY. So I don't get how we failed the 48 hour thing again.

they win"
- Stephen King