View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Logan
Fan Forum Hero

News I have some news !!

2012 January 5
tags: Bruce Springsteen, Clarence Clemons, Stevie Van Zandt
by Pete Chianca
Meh, who needs U.S. tour dates. Yes, the latest Internet rumor has Springsteen’s 2012 album and North American tour announcement coming next Wednesday, on what would have been Clarence Clemons’ 70th birthday, but time will tell. In the meantime, if you’re anywhere near Virginia you can pay your own respects to the Big Man by attending this weekend’s tribute concerts the lineup is below, via http://hamptonroads.com/2012/01/clar...n-two-tributes
Artists confirmed to perform include current E Street Band bassist Garry Tallent, former E Street Band drummer Vini “Mad Dog” Lopez, Gary U.S. Bonds, Southside Johnny, John Cafferty and Michael “Tunes” Antunes of the Beaver Brown Band, Adam Glenn (Steel Mill), and Bobby Bandiera (The Asbury Jukes, Bon Jovi). The Nick Clemons Band, led by Clarence’s son, will also be playing, as will Clarence’s nephew, Jake Clemons.

Some of course believe that Springsteen will show up, but it sounds like a great show — and a worthy tribute — either way. He will be there hell Clarence and him along with Stevie Roy Gary Niles and of course Max are family. Was one the biggest parts of the band popularity and if he is in the US Bruce wil be there no doubt in my mind

· Speaking of places where Bruce may or may not show up, Light of Day is almost here! We expect to have Blogness correspondents on scene, so check back after next weekend for the full report.

· Rolling Stone covers Springsteen among its “Hopes and Fears” for 2012. Given that they’ve never met a Springsteen album they didn’t like (WOAD got five stars), they don’t mention the fear that many seem to have, namely that the album will be, well, like WOAD. But like us here at Blogness, they probably have a good feeling that this one will be a keeper.

· Burning Wood blog marks the 30th anniversary of the recording of Nebraska.

· Springsteen to be the cover boy for SXSWORLD magazine.

· Finally, to say we’re giddy with excitement over the Netflix debut of the new Stevie Van Zandt gangster show “Lillyhammer” would be an understatement. They’re making all eight episodes available at once — I smell marathon! (Watch the trailer and tell me you don’t get all tingly.)

Read more: Springsteen Link Roundup, Clarence Clemons Tribute Edition | Blogness on the Edge of Town Springsteen Link Roundup, Clarence Clemons Tribute Edition | Blogness on the Edge of Town