View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Kayless
Loyal Fan

chuck and blair as a real life couple;
richard's love letter to Elizabeth …I am oddly shy about you. I still regard you as an … inviolate presence. You are as secret as the mysterious processes of the womb. I’m not being fancy … I have treated women, generally, very badly and used them as an exercise for my contempt except in your case. I have fought like a fool to treat you in the same way and failed. One of these days I will wake up—which I think I have done already—and realize to myself that I really do love. I find it very difficult to allow my whole life to rest on the existence of another creature. I find it equally difficult, because of my innate arrogance, to believe in the idea of love. There is no such thing, I say to myself. There is lust, of course, and usage, and jealousy, and desire and spent powers, but no such thing as the idiocy oflove. You’re off, by God! I can barely believe it since I am so unaccustomed to anybody leaving me. But reflectively I wonder why nobody did so before. All I care about—honest to God—is that you are happy and I don’t much care who you’ll find happiness with. I mean as long as he’s a friendly bloke and treats you nice and kind. If he doesn’t I’ll come at him with a hammer and clinker. God’s eye may be on the sparrow but my eye will always be on you. Never forget your strange virtues. Never forget that underneath that veneer of raucous language is a remarkable and puritanical LADY. I am a smashing bore and why you’ve stuck by me so long is an indication of your loyalty. I shall miss you with passion and wild regret. You may rest assured that I will not have affairs with any other female.… I shall gloom a lot and stare morosely into unimaginable distances and act a bit—probably on the stage—to keep me in booze and butter, but chiefly and above all I shall write. Not about you, I hasten to add. No Millerinski Me, with a double M [Arthur Miller and Marilyn Monroe]. There are many other and ludicrous and human comedies to constitute my shroud. I’ll leave it to you to announce the parting of the ways while I shall never say or write one word except this valedictory note to you. Try and look after yourself. Much love. Don’t forget that you are probably the greatest actress in the world.… I wish I could borrow a minute portion of your passion and commitment, but there you are—cold is cold as ice is ice. I love you, lovely woman. If anybody hurts you, just send me a line saying something like “Need” or “Necessary” or just the one magic word “Elizabeth,” and I will be there somewhat faster than sound. You must know, of course, how much I love you. You must know, of course, how badly I treat you. But the fundamental and most vicious, swinish, murderous, and unchangeable fact is that we totally misunderstand each other … we operate on alien wavelengths. You are as distant as Venus—planet, I mean—and I am tone-deaf to the music of the spheres. But how-so-be-it nevertheless. (A cliché among Welsh politicians.) I love you and I always will.… Come back to me as soon as you can …You asked me to write the truth about us.… I suffer from a severe case of “hubris,” an overweening pride. Prometheus was punished by the gods forever and is still suffering in all of us for inventing fire and stealing it from the gods. I am forever punished by the gods for being given the fire and trying to put it out. The fire, of course, is you. The belligerence that has developed between us is inexplicable.… Love, however (however much I deride it) is an overwhelming factor. It is something that will live with me forever with or without you.… But if for e.g. I happen to come across a snap of you in a nightclub laughing with another nameless group of people, I shall add some more pain to my already pained mind. Well, first of all, you must realize that I worship you. Second of all, at the expense of seeming repetitive, I love you. Thirdly, and here I go again with my enormous command of language, I can’t live without you. Thirdly, I mean fourthly, you have an enormous responsibility because if you leave me I shall have to kill myself. There is no life without you, I’m afraid. And I am afraid. Afeared. In terms of my life, scared. Lost. Alone. Dull. Dumb. (That will be the day.) And fifthly, and I hope I will never repeat myself, I fancy you. I bet that you would be alright if you loved me and stuff like that.
our soundtrack;
because our ship kicks ass;
Competition was fierce but in the end, Blair and Chuck conquered all to take out our coveted #1 position, leaping up from their #5 debut last year. And really is it any surprise that these two are #1? Gossip Girl is the latest IT thing so is this duo. They began as confidantes and scheming partners. She was dating his best friend and they ran in the same social circles. Yet somewhere along the sniping and bantering, the feisty pair realized that there was something there between them. He tried to fight his feelings, while she pretended that she didn’t care. But in the end you just can’t fight passion, chemistry, and of course love. They might not be together right now, but everyone know that these guys are endgame and the chase and bickering is all part of the game. Besides they are Chuck and Blair – they can do what they like. CHUCK& BLAIR ARE NO.1 IN POTRAIT MAGAZINE 2009 BEST COUPLE The 2008 television run would not have been the same without these six other great moments that almost made it into our year-end list: and Blair finally telling Chuck she loves him on "Gossip Girl." HONORABLE MENTION IN YAHOO TV’S BIGGEST MOMENTS OF 2008 Honestly, it wasn't even close. Mr. Chuck Bass and the Upper East Side's Queen B are clearly tops when it comes to heating up your screen with their particular love-hate relationship. They ended up with more than half the vote, blowing all the other competitors out of the water. The only people who could even come close were House and Cuddy of House, who ranked second, and Cristina and Owen of Grey's Anatomy, just behind them in third. HOTTEST ROMANTIC TENSION OF 2008 The two secret ingredients for a sizzling kiss are a broken heart and a repressed desire -- which are exactly what paved the way for Blair and Chuck to enact Gossip Girl's hottest lip action. After a big fight with Nate, Blair took the stage in Chuck's newly opened burlesque club for a striptease number, which of course stimulated Bass's libido (and produced one of his most adorable smiles ever). All it took was alone time at the backseat of a limo for these two to lock lips. And as we all know... it did not stop there. MOST MEMORABLE GOSSIP GIRL KISSES
epic celebrations;
025. Because we know this is the beginning of something special.
050. Celebrating 50 threads of nose grazes and butterflies.
100. A hundred threads of scheming, limo rides, and butterflies!
200. Celebrating 200 threads of learning to love and be loved in return.
300. 300 threads of realising everything's nothing without you
400. 400 threads of waiting for you to come back to me!
500. 500 threads. 3 words. 2 souls. 1 heart.
600. 600 threads of you and I building our forever.
700. Celebrating 700 threads of finally understanding you're the one right thing in my life.
800. celebrating 800 threads of begging to be let go, but holding on tighter instead.
900. So what have we been doing for 900 threads? Oh you know, just hanging in there.
1000. 1000 threads later and we are all still standing for hope & glory, fighting for their love story.
666: Devil & the Queen. #666: Because the Devil can Ravish HIS Queen Anytime!
JUST DO IT. Thread #1. Thread #2.Thread #3. Thread #4.
Christmas. CELEBRATION! C/B this year have been: naughty, nice and epic.
Valentine's. Because whatever words I say,or how far away, I will always love you.
April Fools Day. Thread #1. Thread #2. Thread #3. Thread #4.
Halloween: Chuck and Blair Halloween Style
3 years of limo!sex: Thread #1. Thread #2. Thread #3. Thread #4.

Everyone on the list will get a title/thread dedicated to them on their birthday!
January 12 - Carter
January 13 - Catrinn
January 18 - Alicia
January 19 - Chuck, Jaime
January 29 - Antonella
February 7 - Laura2
February 14 - Erin
March 11 - Monica
March 27 - Stephanie
March 28 - Jamie
March 30 - Kathryn
April 4 - Taylor
April 9 - Leighton
April 19 - Iszy
April 21 - Karen
April 22 - Laura
April 23 - Chrissy
May 2 - Lois, Mel
May 8 - Anne
May 16 - Eva
May 19 - Chuck
May 23 - Eli
May 27 - Marina
June 9 - Kate
June 13 - Tweety
June 17 - Vall
June 19 - Gummy, Leticia
June 20 - Samy
June 23 - Chris
June 27 - Ed
July 4 - Aurora
July 21 - Steph
July 28 - Melissa
July 29 - Gloria
August 7 - Abby
August 9 - Ire
August 11 - Neera
August 15 - Tina
September 5 - Erin
September 20 - Talie
September 24 - Megan
September 25 - Kat
October 1 - Amber
October 3 - Tati
October 5 - Martyna
October 6 - Nat
October - Kate2
October 8 - Emma
October 24 - D
November 15 - Blair
December 5 - Heather
December 12 - Haylie
December 13 - Nikki
December 22 - Veronica
December 30 - May

To help you get better acquainted with the CB shippers...we are the Mavericks and here are our nicknames

Chuck: Sting Chameleon
Blair: Boomer Kuwanger
CB together: Bubble Crab
Nat: Earthrock Trilobyte
Kat: Launch Octopus
Neera: Split Mushroom
Mon: Magna Centipede
Mel: Optic Sunflower
Anne: Overdrive Ostrich
Marina: Crush Crawfish
Rora: Toxic Seahorse
Marty: Tornado Tonion
Sara: Vanishing Gungaroo
Vero: Crystal Snail
Juliana: Wire Sponge
Isa: floating thingie
Kelleybelle: Izzy Glow
Grace: Web Spider
May: Gravity Antonion
Eli: Dark Dizzy
Kate: Wheel Gator
Keri: Morph Moth
Chris: Infinity Mijinion
Megami: Rainy Turtloid
flipped/Chuck Bass: Chuck Bass
Mitra: Blaze Heatnix
Jaime: Flame Stag
Summer: Armored Armadillo
Effy: Neon Tiger
Erin: Blast Hornet
Kasia: Blizzard Wolfang
Tweety: Metal Shark Player
D: Splash Warfly
Bev: Axel the Red
Heather: Magma Dragoon
Iszy: Jet Stingray
Dani: Dark Mantis
Jane: Storm Owl
Erin #2: The Skiver
Erin #3: Slash Beast
Lucy: Duff McWhalen
Rett: Mattrex
Jasmin: Wing Crowrang
Regina: Blizzard Buffalo
Emsy: Tunnel Rhino

future
titles;

Cecily's Quotes:
'He just said. "Yeah," and left. And we knew he was lying and Blair knew it too." - Cecily von Ziegesar

5x03:
"I didn't think GG was capable of this kind of emotion." ~ Baltimoresun
"When she sees C still has the dog, her eyes get doubly the amount of sad they were previously." ~buddytv
"As the episode ends, Chuck's emotional floodgates finally spill over after his conversation with Blair." ~buddytv
"Later, we see Chuck crying — yes, crying! — in bed over Blair's pregnancy" ~buzzsugar
"Oh, B ... we should've guessed it was all a lie." ~aoltv
"In the most stunning scene of the episode, Blair goes to see Chuck to tell him that she's pregnant."~digitalspy
'Excellent acting all around, as usual, & pretty complicated situation that gets the best out of both players.'~Jacob/TWoP
Maybe it's Maybelline or maybe it's a Chair baby.
"And from Chuck's face, you can tell he wanted the baby to be his, too." ~ e!online
"But as it remains, Chuck is heartbroken — and so was I." ~ EW
"C holds his pet close & finds himself finally able to cry in earnest for the one true love of his life." ~TVRA
'I'm sure not the only one who caught a glimpse of hope, adoration in his eyes, as he works out the math.'~TVRA
'Monkey's an awesome wingman, and he wants Blair to know that Chuck DOES have love in his heart.'~TVRA
'Chuck blinks at this, as if to say, "a part of me wishes it was mine as well."'~TVRA

5x04:
'Chuck drops his carefree facade to ask Blair, in earnest, how she is doing.' ~ TVRA
'The usually confident C is adorably shy in this scene, mumbling something about squirrels.'~TVRA
'Is Monkey secretly a Chair shipper? ~buddytv
Chuck is tired of feeling on the outside of things. He's already lost the most important thing he ever had: Blair. ~buddytv
And they're walking with Monkey too! It's a short scene but an adorable one, especially when Monkey pulls the two together. ~buddytv
Here's hoping she lied about the paternity of her baby, and that it might be Chuck's after all. ~buzzsugar
'Chuck's tragic and lonely, but that doesn't keep him from a couple of really sweet scenes with Blair and Louis. ~JacobTWOP
... but wouldn’t Chuck’s “artistic” end come in that Prague alley clutching Blair’s ring?~TFT

5x06:
“An episode ended with a flourish, potentially reigniting a couple that was once the show’s signature.” - TVFanatic
“Louis is off on a little trip and we can only hope he returns to find B&C together!” – Wall Street Journal
“A return of the merciless, minion-bashing B of old and a rather fantastic Chair scene to close might have redeemed the episode.” – BuddyTV
“When Chuck gets upset his voice gets all raspy like a sexy, rapey Batman.” – BuddyTV
“It’s nice that even when they’re saying goodbyes Blair admits she’ll always be there for him.” - BuddyTV
“Their friendship, even removed from their actual love story, has always been one of my favorite things about the show.”- BuddyTV
“Starting tonight I’m going to take charge of myself,” C vows. I guess this means no more drama queen theatrics on roofs, which is frankly a bit of a disappointment.“ - BuddyTV
"I guess it is Louis’s baby after all. Can I get a “damn!” from the shippers out there?” – Daemon’s TV
The one that, no doubt, broke the most hearts was his admission that he should have told that he loved her when he knew it.- Daemon’s TV
“That might have been all he needed to say to win her back. Blair isn’t so eager to see her prince anymore. Now can I get a “huzzah!”?” – Daemon’s TV
I also believe that C&B’s romance is the show’s endgame, we’ll get that passionate kiss before the final curtain falls on the show.”- AOLtv
“Chuck looks at Blair and sincerely apologizes for all of the pain and hurt he caused her over the years." - PhillyBurbs
“We loved everything about C’s apology to B. Seeing C finally come clean was needed and B’s face throughout the whole thing was perfect.” - PhillyBurbs
“The GG writers have been taunting us with no C&B drama since the beginning of the season, but tonight proved that’s about to change.”- HollywoodLife
"After C had an epiphany that he’s been in a depression because he lost B, he decided to do something about it." - HollywoodLife
"In one of the most heart-wrenching scenes in GG history, Chuck showed up unexpectedly at Blair’s house." - HollywoodLife

(titles that fit from 5x06):
“Louis is off on a little trip & we can only hope he returns to find B&C together!” – Wall Street Journal
“It's nice that even when they're saying goodbyes Blair admits she'll always be there for him.” - BuddyTV
“Their friendship has always been one of my favorite things about the show.”- BuddyTV

5x07:
'A+ for the Sabrina dream! And how hot was Chuck in that dream?!' ~ E!online
'We really felt for Chuck, who clearly still has feelings for Blair.' ~ E!online
'Blair&Chuck both find that they can't stop thinking about each other after last week's big apology.'~buzzsugar
'C did it, even though he probably could have won B back. Have we mentioned how much we love him?'~BaltimoreSun
'Chuck kissed her so she would go back to her prince. Awwwhh poor Chuck.' ~ Wall Street Journal
'Arguments between CB always contain an undercurrent of sexual tension, & this time is no exception.'~TVRA
'If at all possible, the seduction scene that led up to this kiss, was even hotter than the kiss itself!'~TVRA
'It proved that B&C are 100% not over each other, Ed and Leighton's chemistry is still off the charts.' ~TVFanatic

5x08:
"The look on Chuck’s face, when he turns around and sees her standing in his apartment says it all."~TVRA
"On one hand, he’s totally and completely enamored with her, and probably wants nothing more than to take her in his arms..."~TVRA
"On the other hand, Chuck truly believes he’s lost her already."~TVRA

Other titles:
That’s the problem with us. We’re both stubborn asses and always want to get our way. We both hate to be wrong and love to be right. But that’s the thing about love.
-2 only, because as any scientist can tell you, adrenaline does have the side effect of making you want to **** Ed Westwick.~NYMag
Maybe the fire that makes Chair so electric on screen also destroys both. For Chuck, he loved Blair TOO MUCH to risk it.~TVF

TVRA titles:
Remember that C&B started out during S1 of GG as friends & partners-in-crime.These are two individuals know what makes each other tick.
C&B were able to help one another with their respective business problems, without letting all the dull talk get in the way of their sexual activity.
Like B, C is the kind of person who keeps his feelings closely guarded, no matter what he’s doing at the time.
'Everyone assumes that C is on drugs, just like Beatrice thought about B. Coincidence? I think not.'~TVRA

HITLER MAD ABOUT CB
The world's most evil dictator shipping my ship... PRICELESS.
'The countless nights I stayed up dreaming of CB's wedding & their babies when they would finally reunite!'
'Maybe it's for the best. If they reunite them this season, they'll probably just tear them apart again. It would kill me.'
'The life of a Chair shipper. They better make it up to me.'

FE TITLES
"I feel like I can't even breathe half of the time, and the other half I don't even want to breathe."
He just looked at her. She was growing to hate that look. It was like she could never be alone with her own thoughts.
He just sensed something was wrong, and then for some reason he couldn't leave it alone until she spilled her guts.

latest moment;

credit:
artwork + layout: laura and aurora
soundtrack arts: tweety.
animations: haylie
ATTENTION CBers!
We're gonna keep a CB keeper's list here. Everyone can claim a scene or anything CB or EL related really, but you can't claim what's already claimed, so be sure to check the list please. We all know CB have some pretty damn amazing scenes, but no fighting please. The purpose of this is having fun! Everyone can claim up to 20 things, so be careful what your claim is. And don't go and claim like 20 scenes all at once, be mindful for your fellow CBers that want to claim some stuff too. And I only realized now that I said 'claim' too much in this paragraph. Oh welp. -Sincerely, Nat.
CB KEEPERS' LIST

iLoveChair [Nat]
Garden scene 2x01
CB/B&B parallels
"Too Late" by M83

all this time [Mel]
3 words 8 letters 2x01
Make-out scene 2x03
Forehead kiss 4x22

BlueDog9 [Kate]
Necklace scene 1x08
"Signs" by Bloc Party

AKdancer [Anne]
ILY so much it consumes me 2x25
"Break a leg" 1x18

firefliesCB [Leti]
Limo sex 1x07
Baby Bass

Fumbling Towards Ecstasy [Neera]
Train Station 4x02
GwtW parallels
EL 'Say lesbians' comment in the bloopers

eli_bear [Eli]
The hug 2x13
EL Elle Korea photo shoot
"I haven't seen you around." "Have you been looking?" scene 2x25

HaleyJamesFan [Chrissy]
"I meant it with all my heart" scene 4x09
Blair's headbands

`toomuchpurple [Tweety]
"I'm Chuck Bass, no one cares" rooftop scene 2x14

obsessed_aussie [Kat]
CB waking up scene 1x18

Fall Out Girl <3 [Mon]
EL 4x06 filming pics
"Shut up and dance with me" 2x12
EL "I'm fcking in love with you" blooper

CarolineForbes [Vall]
ILY too scene 2x25

ces't moi [Martyna]
Make-out scene 1x10
"I'm In Here" by Sia
EL "That's how good I am blooper"

blondephoenixrising [Heather]
The 'butterflies' scene 1x08
CB/BW/ILY scene 3x04

love fades [Aurora]
"With Me" by Sum 41
1x07/4x22 parallels

sayitandimyours [Abby]
Hospital scene 3x12

amoRBD [Veronica]
Chuck abuse
The Engagement Ring
Ed's accent

CarterT [Carter]
GG board, power over all of you ahahahahahaha!

yuzzz66 [Emma]
Prom scene 2x24

ChrisM [Chris]
Bridal kiss and carry 4x08
Wedding foreshadow look 3x05

Talie [Talie]
"Maybe in the future" scene 2x08

jcox20 [Jaime]
Mirror scene 4x09

ambontoast [Amber]
Dance scene 1x10

eternal sunshine [Hayal]