View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Nikki K
Elite Fan

I think it's easy to be in lust with Sancia. It looks like a lot of men were. So here's the thing I'm asking myself - perhaps being raised in these decadent times and being young, lust and play were totally enough for here. I wonder if that got different when she got older and Cesare tried to reconcile her and Joffre. After all, I can see that Joffre must have been really fond of her. The way JN showed it he is such a lost little boy and probably very impressed by her. So it stands to reason that (at least for a time) he truly loved her despite everything. A friend of mine once told me - and I'm inclined to believe it from experience - that when you sleep with someone, you get attached to them in a way and that it is a somewhat brain chemical response. Especially when your body is still growing.

And yes, I read it and.. okay, all is well and good when you write a piece of fiction. It's just that when you have some knowledge of history (or science in case of sci-fi), it is really hard to do the whole suspension of disbelief thing. And for me even more so since I'm all for CL.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").