View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 09:34 PM
dayne
Dedicated Fan

I think this was an amazing episode. It was definitely a turning point in season 2, as Angel descended into a much darker area, especially considering his actions at the end of this episode. I was shocked when I saw that scene. I sort of felt sorry for the lawyers (just a bit!), but I think this episode and the entire Angel/Darla/W&H arc made for powerful story-telling. So in essence, I am glad it happened.

Angel just wanted to let them all die. He was sick and tired of W&H getting away with murder. He felt such rage and anger over Darla's murder at the hands of W&H and Druscilla. Yet, he felt powerless in the sense that he himself could not do anything to those in charge because they were human. He couldn't kill them himself. Thus, he let Darla&Druscilla do it for him. I guess this was his way of ensuring justice was served.

Darla's being "turned" and Angel's inability to save her undoubtedly threw him into a state of numbness, rage, depression, and wanting to be just left alone.

In a way, I also sort of understood why Angel fired Wes, Gunn and Cordy. They didn't understand what he personally was going through and they didn't want to understand. They certainly didn't understand why Angel was trying so hard to help and save Darla. They couldn't grasp why Angel cared so much. They were I guess too wrapped up in the "mission".

I think it was right at the end when he realized that the only way he could deal with this crisis was by himself. Looking back, he was probably right.

[ 03-23-2004: Message edited dayne ]

www.savingangel.org
dayne is offline   Reply With Quote