View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 06:26 PM
ameliee
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaida
Roxy: I was bored too. This episode seemed to be a chance for ASP to put in a bunch of things she's always wanted to do for some reason:

Guy with a hook hand.
Spotlight joke in diorama on non-speaking kid.
Paris drunk and begging for change. (And um... btw, what happened to her? Talk about a loose string.)
Miss Patty's Punch.
Kirk engaging in a mannequin battle.

The only parts that were remotely acceptable were Logan's answering machine message, (Heh. Finn.) and the heartbreaking scene in the bathroom at the end. Oh Rory, have I ever been there.

That was it though. Wasting my time, mostly. They could've cut almost all of that episode, since only about six minutes of it had to do with advancing the plot. *Sigh.* Ah, well. Next week should be better.
Well the guy with a hook for a hand is nothing new - that's Kyle, Dean's old (current?) roommate. We've seen him and his hook once or twice before.

I agree with your last point though - other than Luke's intentions for Twickham house, Lorelai's interview, and Logan's absence, none of the episode really mattered.

The Good:
- Luke. Loved him in this episode! Putting up with Taylor and all his inane ideas so that he could "stay close" to Twickham house because he's thinking about a future for himself and Lorelai? Plus all his enthusiasm for Lorelai and her interview? Adorable. "The lady of the hour!" I loved it.
- Rory and Lorelai's last scene. Heartbreaking. Alexis was perfect. She's really grown, acting-wise.
- Lorelai's interview at the Inn was pretty good. Shows potential for future storylines. But what was with that necklace? Really didn't like her outifit in that scene.

The Bad:
- Lane, Sophie, and Zach. Ack! The storyline was complete filler with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I cringed at every scene.
- Dean and Luke's talk. Man was that childish. What was the point? Was Amy really that desperate to give Jared a little more screen time? It was stupid and pointless - Dean is last year's news.
- Kirk. Overkill. He's not 5. We know he has his quirks but the pouting and the running into things was a little much. Plus all the town meeting stuff. It was just too much.

The In-Between
- All the museum stuff. It was ok, I wasn't completely bored with it but it was definitely a LOT of filler, so they'd better make up for it with the remaining 4 episodes!
- Rory, Paris, and Lane drowning their sorrows in Miss Patty's punch. Funny, but it's been done IMO. I think I've had enough of the prevading "girl-can't-function-without-boy" scenario.

Was it just me or was there a LOT of really loud music in this episode?
i shall be queen i put it on my cheeks

Last edited by ameliee; 04-19-2005 at 06:36 PM
ameliee is offline   Reply With Quote