View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 06:30 AM
Stargaser
Dedicated Fan

First, I would like to say that I think Shiri is great actress. She's also very talented and beautiful. With that said, I think that the movie plot could have been much improved.
The special effects were not special and the dialogue was stiff. John De Lancie and Richard Burgi were typecast as an antagonist and a protagonist, respectively which made the rest of the movie too predictible. The secret society sworn to protect the world from Lillith only to keep her alive after she's been captured is a cliche of antithesis turning into a hero (think of Xena as example). I think the movie might have been better if it was more properly developed.
As for Shiri, her acting was good. She's certainly not the Liz of season 1 and part of season 2 of Roswell. She's more of a tough and rough chick that I previewed in season 3 of Roswell. Her facial expression appear rough around the edges but I guess that was required of her character. Oh yes, she does look great.
Not a typical vulnerable and fragile role for Shiri, which is good. She did do an excellent job. Plus, I'm glad that she was the one with top billing or headlining?, meaning her name appeared first in credits which suggests top billing for the actor, though I'm not completely sure. However, I'm hoping that the next sci-fi project will be more developed in terms of storyline and effects. This movie could have been a foray into weekly series, but my deduction is that the chance of this happening now are dismal.

I'm still looking forward to more projects from Shiri. Sorry if my review is a bit harsh.

Last edited by Stargaser; 09-20-2004 at 06:38 AM
Stargaser is offline   Reply With Quote